BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Hi everyone,

I have been reading your posts and wanted to know if you think it would be worth going to Korea (from London) for a boob job? costs e.g. travel, procedure, after care..., and how good are the Doctors compared to Harley Street PS's... I'm very intrigued and would appreciate a reply

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm back after 2 months of inactivity, sorry! Anyway, I wanted to preface this by saying thank you to everyone who has helped and encouraged me on this journey. Some have left the forums and probably won't read this, but I'll always be grateful for your stories, advice, and kind words.

The appointment with Chungdam U was at 1PM on Friday, June 13. Me and my mom sat in the lobby waiting for about 20 minutes since we arrived early until the nurse called me upstairs. Communication was strained because Nicole had to be with another client and there was only 1 short-haired nurse who spoke a bit of English. They had a private room for me to put my things in and I guessed to rest in after the operation. I was given a really large pajamas and thick slippers to change into. My mom waited in the upstairs lobby while I did so. Then I was lead down a hallway and past another set of doors. I think I was asked if I was scared, but I wasn't even nervous or anything, just somber I guess.

The operating rooms weren't seperated by doors and had more of a dentist office type of feel. In mine there were two nurses and perhaps the anaestilogist coming in and out. I was told to gargle this purple liquid. They put an IV in my arm and a shot in my butt. Kind of awkward to be honest. Once I layed down my hair was tucked into a cap and a large vest put over me. I think a nurse shaved my nose then. They gave me a stuffed bunny to hold on to, I guess because I'm rather young lol? It was cute though. When Dr. Lee came in he talked to me about the procedure. He wanted to affirm if I wanted a western nose or not and I shook my head vigoriously; I wanted it Asian and natural and possible. I looked at the clock when he said the the anaesthetics were going to kick in soon, it was going to be weird, and just to dream of some place I would like to go. It was 1:20 or 1:30 then. He was wiping my nose with disinfectant maybe and then the world slowed down. Everything turned into orange geometric shapes and I thought of buildings for some reason. It started fading in what felt like a minute and I saw circular lights glowing over me.

[Warning: it gets kind of graphic in this paragraph] I hoped everything was done, but the clock showed only 2PM. I'm not sure if this was supposed to happen but I was awake for the rest of the operation. My actions were sluggish but my mind started to race. Dr. Lee was probably in the process of inserting the silicone when I woke up. It didn't really hurt but I could barely feel the sensation of him stretching the cut in my right nostril. And I could hear all of it. I could hear the squish and crunch of silicone in my bridge and later the scraping of my ear cartilage. It might freak you out less if you've broken a bone or something, but I've never gotten hurt more than a scrape or bruise. There was something running down the side of my face and it took me a second to realize it was likely blood. Despite all this, I managed to stay relatively calm. And at least Dr. Lee talked to me when he could. Sometimes my nose would start hurting and I would say a loud "ow" and he injected anaesthetics once more. He said he would try not to because he had already given me more than the usual amount. Oh but I absolutley hated when he was scarping more cartilage from inside my ear. It hurt much more than my nose and it was so scary and freaky. I tensed up so bad and kept my eyes shut tight the entire process. I was breathing hard and I think I teared up a little bit. He did eventually inject more anaesthetics there but there was still the very slight sensation. Remember, I could hear this loud and clear. Then there was more stretching of the nostril cut for the tipplasty. Again, it didn't hurt that much, but I could feel exactly what he was doing. I would try to remember more but I think my brain wants to block out most of it - other than DO NOT DO EAR CARTILAGE AGAIN!!! Finally he started sewing up the incisions. I could feel each pull and occasional poke. Once he finished, he let me sit up and look at my nose in the 3 way mirror. It was a lot straighter and higher already and he asked "Okay?" but I was so dazed I couldn't say much more than "okay." So they laid me down and started bandaging and putting a splint on my new nose. Afterwards, everything else was taken out or off and I was put back in the private room to rest for a bit.

My mom came in and said "woah" and asked if I was okay. I mean, yeah I was; my nose and ear only hurt a bit. The nurses said I could go home right away if I wanted when questioned but I wanted to lay there for a bit since my brain was scattered. I only stayed a little less than an hour since they also informed me they had another patient coming in.

I realized I had a question I wanted to ask, and after a bit of floundering they found someone who could speak enough English to answer me. I think Dr. Lee was missing because he was filling in the prescription forms. When we went down to the lobby he was there and he gave us instructions to the pharmacy that was close Caffee Bene down the street. The pharmacist told me to take a bag of pills 3 times a day, and the bags with a red pill first.

On the subway I got a few stares but I was okay. My ear stung though. That night I had to sit upright so I only got like 5 or 6 hours of sleep. My mouth only gets dry when I nap (even though my mouth is closed) so my throat was okay for the rest of the nights. I think I met up with teatreeoil (a forumer) the second or third evening in Myeongdong. I wasn't tired or anything. My nose didn't hurt, but there was an itchy heavy feeling like during my yearly allergies. My ear on the other hand rang and pulsed with pain.

That week I wanted my bandages off as soon as possible, my skin is very oily and though the TRM laser dried it up until the third day, it was getting oily at the edges of the bandages. So pretty gross. I was more exhausted on the 5th and 6th day then I was on the 2nd and 3rd so I just layed in bed.

Me and my mom came late to our appointment because I took a wrong turn on the subway OTL Nicole was already there. I was tense while the nurse cleaned my nose and took the plugs out and my back kept arching involuntary anytime my ear was touched. When they led me out I glanced at a sliver of a mirror, but I couldn't recognize myself. In the lobby Dr. Lee handed me a splint and bandages to wear at night. There was also this creme and q-tips to apply in my nostrils. Nicole set up another appointment with the doctor in a week, the day before I left. Then I went down to the dermatology branch and had another facial (already paid for). I was really happy that I was 'normal' again.

When I got home, I kept staring at myself in the mirror. The figure was vaguely familar. The nose was a lot sharper and had a gentle curve. Then I put on the splint and went to bed. The next morning, I woke up and FREAKED. I didn't even go outside because I thought that I looked /wrong/. It was a beautiful nose why didn't it fit on me?? I Those in the June Kakaotalk group experienced my hysteria firsthand. But the next day…I was suddenly okay again. I even went to Myeongdong and shopped a lot.

The last appointment with Dr. Lee was right after the last one I had with the dermatology floor of Chungdam U. My skin looked so great ;u; Okay then back up the lobby floor. A nurse cleaned my noses again. He checked to make sure everything was okay and adjusted my nose with his hands a bit. Then he made an splint for my nose - the other one was a pre-made one and didn't fit just right. In the lobby he gave us a card to contact him. I asked him stuff and he sent it's best not to jog for a month, though two is best.

It's about 2 months later. Same old, same old. My bridge has felt normal since day 1 and my nose tip is still hard and alien. I mean, the tip feels like touching someone else's skin but it hurts if I put too much force on it. Like I went in to kiss my grandpa on the cheek and I had to recover from the pain for about a minute or two. I've gotten a lot of compliments and stares, some people have said I look like a doll now heh. Everyone has said it looks very natural and though they can see the tip's changed, they dont realize I also have a bridge implant until I tell them. Sometime I wish my tip was less round from the front (it's perfect in side profile) but I realize I had a LOT of cartilage there anyways and raising it anymore would look unnatural from any other view. But overall, I'm really happy with my nosejob and I don't regret one bit of it. :smile:

I think I included most everything…I didn't look over it so I hope everything makes sense but if there's anything you'd like to know more about please feel free to get in touch. :smile:

which clinic you referring to? the no. they list on the website is 02,-xxx-xxxx, you ignore the the first "0" and add "82" Infront the set of no. same to mobile no. start with "010" or other. And most of the clinic have kakao talk but only list on their Korean site, hope it may help.

Actually I did but the number is invalid I have tried add 82 follow by 0xxxx the phone no also cannot connect . It seems that clinic has the only problem

you need to ignore the first "0"

If this is the case you may contact medical tourism for help.

Do you think it is nearer for you to go to us for boobs job. I wouldn't recommend coz it is more expensive than going to us for the boobs jobs . In case of complication I am sure you don't want to fly so far for a revision .

Hi Guys.

Whats your opinion on the clinics below?

1) TLPS clinic (www.tlps.co.kr)
- Awesome looking total makovers

2) MVP Clinic (www.imvp.co.kr)
- Heard that they are good in eyes and also specialize in jaw?

3) Faceline (www.faceline.co.kr)
- Good in jaw reduction. Not sure about eyes and nose

4) Migo (www.migoclinic.co.kr)
- Good in dramatic eyes and nose

Which would you pick ?

Is depend on what type of surgery you going to do, what type of surgery procedure and who is your treating doctor.

From what I heard is some doctor is specialty in eye surgery using non-incisional method, if you go to him and request incisional method, the result may not be as good as non-incisional method.

July 2013
JJ001 (01 July - 27 July) Flight & accommodation confirmed.
Planc (July 1st - July 27th) Male.
turningpoint (14July - 28July)
ChanelAddicted2 (14th July - 30 July) Ticket booked and waiting for hotel confirmation!
ffxlulu(July 26-Aug 14) flight confirmed, clinic confirmed
jennylicious (july 29th-august 13th) most likely going with wonjin clinic but contemplating JK. already in korea for summer holidays currently.

August 2013 (kakaotalk group made)
HushBeauty (early in the month; 3 weeks)
LisaFelicia ( 13 August - 21 August; flight confirmed, clinic still tbc, likely to be JW)
jellybean0607 - Aug 21-29 (flight+hotel confirmed)
Boyizzy (July 30-August 15) Flight confirmed, going through seoultouchup, ID clinic -Rhino,Double eyelid, fat graft, vline, zygoma reduction, dimpleplasty, and love bands
ninatam (August 16-September 2, flight confirmed, v line + zygoma reduction)
kiba (Aug 19-September 6, flight confirmed)

September 2013
Fashion lj (11-24 sept ; Flight & accommodation confirmed.)
Clammie (end sep - early oct)
carakitty (02 Sept - 22 Sept) Flight & accommodation confirmed
cutiepiepie (26 Sept to 6 October, flight booked. Tip plasty and double eyelid, translator booked)
councilmage (male; 12 - 26 sept, flight booked)
maimeo (female; 18 Sept - 5 Oct, flight booked. Nose and double eyelid)