BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

ID: ID's clinic seemed a bit empty when I arrived (not exactly a good sign imo) and also had free drinks for their customers. While I filled in the forms, the nurses asked to make a photocopy of my passport (which I was okay with) but I didn't have to for the previous two clinics. After waiting a short while, I was led to see a consultant and she spoke both chinese and korean I believe and I told her what I wanted for my nose and fat grafting and she suggested the same procedures as the previous clinics. They asked me where I would like to get my fat grafted from, my belly or my thigh and I thought this was a slightly strange question because for my previous consultations, although the doctors mentioned that they typically graft fat from the belly or thigh, they suggested to take it from my thigh as the fat cells there have a higher survival rate, so for ID to ask me and give me a 'choice' already made me feel a little bit weary - but being given this choice may be a good thing for some people so it's all a matter of perspective. By this time it was nearing 5pm and I had pretty much already discarded ID from my decision but I wanted to follow through and meet the surgeon anyway just to have another professional opinion. I was then consulted with Dr Kim (there are two Dr Kims at ID but this one was 'famous' for natural noses) who seemed like a kindly man and he felt around my nose and face and suggested the same things as the surgeons before: shave hump, implant, alarplasty, tip - but with the exception that while he wanted to use septal cartilage to extend the tip of my nose as it was a strong cartilage, he also wanted to use cartilage from my ear to go on top of it as ear cartilage is softer. This meant that when feeling my tip, it would feel a lot more natural than with just septal cartilage. While that sounded great, I didn't want to have another part of my body cut up and stitched because the more places they cut and harvest from, the most places there are for chances of infection. I didn't find that grafting from my ear seemed that necessarily unless there wasn't enough septal cartilage to use. As the rest of the consultation was drawing to a close, the lady talked about prices and said 6,000,000 won for my nose and 3,500,000 won for fat grafting with a total of 9,500,000. When asked if she could give a discount, she exclaimed that this was a fixed non-negotiable price as their clinic wants to 'treat everyone fairly'. There wasn't any incentive for me to go to ID anyway - not because the consultations went badly or anything, but by that time I was quite tired and I felt that JW and Regen made a better impression in general.

It was already past 5pm (maybe 5.15-5.20pm) but I didn't let that try to rush my decision. After all, even if I were to call at 5.30pm, I'm sure they would still fit in a customer the next morning if they're getting a large cash payment. I was trying to weigh out the pros and cons as much as I could in my head: JW - haven't bargained price but could probably bring it down, better post-op care, could do it sooner than Regen (next morning vs the day after). Regen - seemed like a much larger clinic and more customers (a good sign), bargained a little already, free drinks in the lobby each visit. My hotel was located near Myeong Dong and the Namdaemun markets (by choice, I plan to do lots of shopping) and by taxi, the clinics were approximately 15~20min away (depending on traffic) and usually 8,000~10,000won one way. I figured, even if I did go with JW, how often was I really going to spend ~20,000 won just to get my hair washed - I could get it washed for cheaper much closer to me. It seemed more of a hassle for me to travel to get post-op care and I preferred the most laid back 'only visit on necessary check ups' as I wanted to spend the trip mostly shopping or sight seeing. However, once again, if you stayed in a hotel nearer in that district and you were more inclined to visit for the treatments, then would put things in a different perspective. So, post-op care aside, I decided that in the end I wanted to go with Regen because it was more internationally reknowned and being a bigger clinic, had more resources "just in case" anything happened. I think also, I wasn't mentally and emotionally prepared to have surgery "the next morning" and that was JW's only available time. Of course, when we make the decision to come to Seoul and buy the plane ticket to come here we've already prepared ourselves in wanting to undergo surgery but I think once you get here and after having consultations and being more informed, you start to re-evaluate (which I think is a great thing because you're processing allllll the information you've received today). I actually wanted to have that extra day to prepare myself and explore Seoul a little more before I'm all bandaged up and buy a few supplies (and maybe finally tell my parents lol!). So my translators and I headed back to Regen and in the end I confirmed not to do alarplasty (consultant highly suggested that it would improve my nose more but I told her I could always do it later and she said I should do it now while I'm doing rhino anyway but she respected my decision) which brought the cost to 6,700,000m. I said 6,500,000 and she said she couldn't because it was peak season and everyone wanted to get their surgery done before the holiday (Korean thanksgiving) and I told her I had to pay for the medicine and the taxi and it was too much. In the end she said 6,600,000 and I was quite tired by then and agreed. Only had to pay a 10% deposit (non-refundable) but I brought 2,000,000won with me and paid all of that because I didn't want to travel around with it too much. In retrospect I think I could've bargained more off, but honestly I don't think price should be the deciding factor of any surgery - you only have one face and body so ultimately choose the clinic that you think will do you more good than harm. Afterwards, I went up a few floors to get a blood test and was given my post-op care instructions for rhino and fat grafting (they normally give you this after your surgery but I think it's better to ask for these beforehand while you're still alert and preparing since post-op you'll be very tired and won't be bothered to read it thoroughly). When it was all done, it was almost 7pm and the weather had cleared up and my translators helped me catch a taxi back and told me they would meet me at Regen at 2.30pm for my surgery - 1.5hrs earlier (surgery scheduled at 4pm). They also wrote on my Regen appointment card to take me to the clinic in Korean to show the taxi driver upon making my way there.

Cont. next post

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the day of my surgery (Sun 15th), I had to fast for 6hrs prior to surgery and was to only have a light breakfast and some water before 10am (surg at 4pm). I was told this was because the IV sedation/anaesthesia made some patients throw up when they didn't fast beforehand which meant they had to postpone the surgery. When I prepped for my surgery, I actually walked around the Namdaemun markets and Myeong Dong shopping streets the day before and on the day of my surgery lol. I was actually looking to buy a few things such as: wet tissues/facial tissues (can't really take a bath the first 2 days with fat grafting since the stitches on upper back thighs can't get wet), comfy slippers, thin jacket/cardigan and a hat. I ended up buying a bunch of cosmetics too (I know I'm weak ;-;) and tried some of the street food and just pretty much chilled around the streets. I should've also bought a neck-pillow but I didn't happen to see one so I'll probably look after for one tomorrow xD. From the convenience store, I bought: instant microwave-able porridge, banana milk and some feminine hygiene products. Yes, it turns out that my special lady week decided to roll around the day before my surgery lmao. This wasn't a big deal (apparently), so my freaking out wasn't called for because all you have to do is let the nurses know before hand so that they can 'change' it for you afterwards if your surgery took a long time. Anyway, to stay on topic, the reason why I mention what I did the day before and on the morning is because mental preparation is important. And what I meant by that isn't just constantly thinking about the surgery and whether or not you're prepared - in fact, I mean the complete opposite of it. Don't overthink or dwelling on the negatives. My translator repeated this to me several times: think positive. I am generally quite a positive and chirpy person so it wasn't that difficult for me to keep an upbeat mood. Don't get me wrong, I have considered all the the negatives too: with any surgery there can be complications, any implant will have a chance of infection/rejection by the body, infection on stitches, side effects of anaesthesia/medication etcetc I'm not saying be ignorant. I'm saying be positive and actually try to relax and realise that there is only so much you can do - the rest is trusted upon your surgeon, who does this for a living and if he's ever screwed up, he probably won't be working there today. While I was walking around shopping and testing out my bargaining skills at the Namdaemun markets (they generally say this jacket/hoodie is 23,000 but I'll sell it to you for 20,000 - hell no, I want that baby for 15,000 :cool:), for a brief moment, I actually forgot I was here for surgery. And I honestly believe that's the best preparation you can have - doing something you enjoy so that even if you weren't getting surgery, you know you'd have fun in Seoul.

Anyway, after doing some shopping that morning, I went back to the hotel to shower and change into loose clothing and flats (wear shoes easy to slip on and off) and tied my hair up (although I realised it wasn't necessary later on). I counted the rest of the money I had to pay one last time and headed out to catch a taxi at around 2.05pm. I got to Regen Tower at 2.25pm after the most terrifying taxi ride of my life (that driver weaved like crazy), my translator was already there in the lobby asking me I was nervous. I was actually pretty excited lol. She asked me when did I start fasting and I told her than I drank a lot of water 5 minutes before 10am and she laughed at me. An English-speaking consultant named April met me in the lobby area and explained to me the possible complications with surgery and post-op (e.g. asymmetry, scarring) and she said that with all the swelling, it's usually very hard to tell the results until 3 months post-op when the swelling has died down. For example, with fat grafting, also the surgeon will inject the same amount of face on both sides of my face, one side may swell more than the other for a few months but if after 3 months it is still asymmetrical, she said they would do a touch up for free (as they store my fat there for up to 6months). There was also another clause that stated that should anything be required in case of an emergency, you will allow the doctor to do all that is necessary (e.g. switch you to GA) and to trust the doctor's judgment. It was a very thorough process I was quite calm and confident at that point. After that, I went back to the reception desk to pay the rest of my fee. My translator asked April if she could get my medicine prescription for me now (they usually provide it with the care package AFTER surgery), since by the time my surgery finished the pharmacy might be closed and we went down to the 'basement' to get my medicine (43,000won, costed more than I expected). There were pills for me to take after meals in the morning, noon and night as well as an ointment for applying on the stitches for my nose and a box of cotton buds. I was then taken up to the 13th floor (Regen Ward) where my recovery room was to be. It was a small room and had an inclined bed and a floor to ceiling window (with curtains, which I closed because I'm afraid of heights lol), and there was a small table, chair, tv and a few lockers at the end. I was told to get undressed and to put on the gown and underwear and change my sanitary napkin and to just wait. I had to do this several times because I didn't realise I had to take off EVERYTHING (e.g. I forgot to take out my contact lenses). But yes, you do have to completely undress, even the little hair tie pulling back my bangs had to go. Afterwards, you put all your clothes and shoes and bag into the locker and set your own 4 digit pin code to lock it, put on the slippers they provide and wait. Before entering the operating room, I had to wash my face with water and gargle (a super nasty tasting) mouthwash. I was then lead down one floor to the operating room and my translator was no longer allowed to accompany me so she gave me a hug and squeezed my shoulders and told me to have a good sleep (when going under sedation), than the other translator will be here at night when I wake up to take me home.

April was still with me to translate so that was okay and by this time, I was starting to get a little anxious. I saw the operating room and it had these lime green walls and k-pop music playing in the background. I could see my own pictures on the computer screen. The operating chair/bed was a smallish black leather chair and I was told to sit and lay down. I saw the doctor very briefly and used my hands to show him once again what I wanted with my nose and he nodded and left - he was basically there for 5 seconds. They said they were first going to put a needle in my arm with phlegm-depressing medication to suppress my phlegm so that it would be easier for me to breathe through my mouth. She told me that first, they would need to harvest the fat from both of my thighs, then rhinoplasty, then inject the fat into my face. So after the needle went in, I had to sleep on my tummy side and on my face (turned) while they strapped me down. I was reeeeeally started to get nervous at this point, there were nurses around me and while they were a tad rough, it felt like they were very sure of what they were doing, and I kept asking April what they were doing and she told me the nurse was putting the blood pressure cuff on my leg, they were now going to sterilise my whole thigh and the liquid will be cold etcetc. I was given an oxygen mask and then April told me that they were going to sedate me and that I'll fall asleep soon. I said thank you to April for being there for me and the nurses covered the top half of my body with black material which blocked out the light. April told me to breathe in deeply and after a few breaths, I was out.

Cont. next post

I remember hearing my translator's voice at some point and told him I was feeling cold and I felt someone put something at my feet and it became really warm. After I while, I could hear my translator again and he was talking to me, but I couldn't really make out what he was saying or asking and I said it was too warm and they removed the heater. I woke up again and this time I opened my eyes and saw my translator, saying that it's all over and that I did a great job, and I just told him I was really thirsty. He went outside to check with the nurses and since it's been more than 1hr post op, I was allowed to have some water. I was so thirsty, I probably drank a least 5 little cups of it. My translator helped me sit all the way up and supported my back while my drank and I could feel my nose was really stuffy and my lips and throat was really dry. He kept saying slowly, slowly, and poured me more little cups when I was done with the first. I asked him what time it was and he said it was around 11.30pm, that my surgery took 5 hours. It was a lot longer than I expected, I was told it probably only took 3hrs or so in my consultations. I was told before that I wasn't allowed to stay overnight in the recovery room and I also wanted to go back to my hotel room to sleep (more familiar place) so I tried to sit up on the edge of the bed with my legs hanging down and realised that when I moved too quickly or suddenly, I felt a rush of nausea. My translator told me that I looked good and I told him not yet, wait 7 days, and he laughed. He also explained to me how to use the icepacks 3-4times a day, drinking pumpkin juice twice a day, explained the medication to me once again, and gave me the next appointment card for 2 days later to remove the gauzes/sponges in my nose and to dress the stitches on my thighs. Until then, I was not allowed to shower or wash my face (cannot get any stitches wet to prevent infection). I also had to start taking the medication that night when I got back to the hotel. After confirming everything with the nurses, I told him I wanted to try to talk and he prepared the wheel-y pole with a ... wheel-handle on it for me to grab onto. When I stood up, I felt some dull pain in my thighs and my weight shifting and he helped support me while I stood there for a few seconds before shuffling out the ward door. I walked up and down the small hallway a few times, first time with both hands holding onto the wheeling stand, then a rest and a cup of water, then again with one hand, rest, water, one more time without the stand. Each time it got easier, although I couldn't walk straight and tended to stray sideways a few times, I didn't bump into anything. As I went past the reception desk on that floor, I said hello and nodded, and the reception nurses there laughed a little and said hello back. I told my translator that I felt ready to go back to the hotel and he left me to change back into my clothes I gathered all my belongings. I didn't get a chance to see myself until I got in the elevator and there was tape all over my forehead (fat grafting), splint on my nose and some cotton gauze under my nose. There wasn't any bandaging on my chin. When I was outside on the street, the night air felt SO good on my face, my translator said that it was his favourite weather and he helped me cross the road to catch a taxi back to my hotel. When I got to my hotel, there were a few steps up to the lobby which my translator helped me up, one step at a time, then stairs again before my room. He helped me with my key and asked if I bought any porridge. I said yes he asked if there was a microwave in my room. I said I didn't think so and he took my porridge said he'll be right back. When he came back a few minutes later, he brought me my porridge, heated up, and told me that I had to eat this first before my pills. He asked if I felt alright, and I said yes and he said he'll see me in 2 days when I went in for my check up and I said okay and thanked him before he left. I ate all of my porridge even though I wasn't hungry since I fasted for pretty much the whole day and ate my pills one by one (there were 5 small pills). Had some water, went to the bathroom, and propped up my pillows to rest as much as I could.

A few things keep in mind:
These are my experiences undergoing rhinoplasty and fat grafting which are generally not considered very invasive. I'm also quite young (20!) and healthy and have no allergies or medical problems (that I know of :sneaky:). Also, like I have mentioned before, I am quite a positive person, and I believe mental wellbeing is equally important as physical. Prior to this surgery, I have been wanting to do rhino for over a year - last year, I had thought of it and wanted to go through with it but I wanted to be sure that it was actually something that I wanted as a change in my life, not a passing fancy. So since then, for over a year, I've read forums such as this, did my own research, made lists, and more or less informed myself as much as I could - and so now, a year later, when I still wanted to go through with it, I was very sure of my decision and knew what to expect.

Even if someone goes through the exact same procedures as me, they may react differently so I do hope all of you take each forumer's experience with a grain of salt. I will update my post op days later so I'm not spamming too many wall of text xD. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions - if I get too many of the same questions I may just post the response publicly so please be patient with my responding time. I shall now take a break from my laptop and go for a walk. For those who are in recovery, let's all think positively and look forward to being prettier and handsomer soon! For those who are still deciding/about to have surgery soon, best of luck and I hope I've helped even just a little in your decision-making and preparation; I'm sure you'll all do fine! :hugs:

Hey softwishes,

I would PM you but since I only signed up today to join the discussions on PS here, I can't PM yet ^^"
I'd like to sincerely thank you for your efforts in sharing your journey in so much detail!! It really is insightful for those of us who are still researching/considering our first time yet. I have a few questions I hope you can answer :smile:

1. Whats GA? I see it mentioned occasionally but no idea what it is ><"
2. Since Regen has english speaking consultant, do you think it's fine to go there myself without a translator? (They're actually one of my top choices atm)
3. Where did you find your translator?

I liked that you didn't rush into surgery and had a day in between to relax. I think this will especially help me when I go because I can get pretty anxious over the thought of surgery!

1. General anaesthesia. It means a liquid (opiates, barbiturates and/or benzodiazepines) and other strong anaesthetics) injected into your veins. It can also mean a mixture of oxygen and gases you breathe in (no injection). Epidural should not be called GA, it is epidural anaesthesia and more risky~
2. If you trust their consultant completely :smile: (prices etc) Language-wise it shouldn't be a problem~

Thanks for the answers, shinyglittery ^^

I thought they give anaesthesia to all patients? :o Also, no one seems to mention it but when you go in for consultations, do they charge you a fee or is this free? I ask because here in Australia, the plastic surgeons charge a consultation fee of $100 which really put me off checking them out..

for some minor surgeries you only need local anaest/anaelg. meaning making the area to be operated on unable to feel pain~ but any major procedures are done under GA ^^

Consultations are free, if they charge a fee it's $5 :smile: (yes five)

Ah I see! Thanks for clarifying that :smile: and wow $5!!!! That is so cheap haha XD

No problem glad to help ^^ and not charging huge consultation fees is good for business :smile: you're already paying for the surgery, why would you want to pay for a consultation as well when you don't even know if the doctor is any good? :smile: The more people come for free consultations to more come for expensive surgeries...……

Haha you are right! I don't know much about the doctor here and charging $100 just to see if he will suit me is ridiculous >.< Unfortunately, most doctors and dentists here charge that much for consultations, not just plastic surgeons :sad: Makes me wish I lived in korea or somewhere else in asia where prices were more reasonable!

First of all, welcome fellow Aussie! :biggrin:

Yes, GA = General Anaesthesia. I'm not 100% sure on this but I do believe whenever there is bone cutting involved (e.g. with facial contouring), they put you under General Anaesthesia, which renders your whole body unconscious. Why I was so adverse to it is because it's quite a serious 'medicine', if you will, and most patients have side effects, some more serious than others. It also takes a bit longer for that anaesthesia to leave your system. Personally, I think if I were to go under GA for a procedure, I wouldn't be doing it alone (i.e. having a friend/partner/mother-person there) because while hiring translators seem like you're getting 'support' too, I'd want someone to keep a closer eye on me considering it would be my first time taking GA and I have no idea how it would affect me.

As for the anaesthesia in general, yes. However, to my knowledge, there are two types, Local and General. General, as I have mentioned above, affects your whole body whereas Local is only injected into a small part of the body to numb only that particular part (i.e. for rhino, they'd only inject it near [local to] your nasal region). In order to keep you from moving though, they do put you on an IV drip which sedates you throughout (you'll be relaxed and 'asleep' but not as 'deeply' as with GA). I think IV sedation is also a lot safer than GA and easier to control the dosage (not I'm not a surgeon so have a read up on it yourself xD).

As for consultations in Aussie, hm, I'm not sure I haven't actually tried to go to one LOL. You'd think that that would be the first thing anyone of us would do right? Consult in our own country. But actually most of the clinics that I did look up in Sydney were near the City region which is ~1.5hrs of traveling in public transport ONE WAY for me and to pay 100 bucks knowing that the surgeon doesn't specialise in Asian noses (at least, to the degree that the surgeons in Seoul do), I'd still rather spend it here. I don't believe I had to pay a fee for any of my consultations in the clinics here in Seoul - if I did, I'm sure my translators would have informed me and told me to pay (as lovely as they are, they wouldn't pay this out of their own pocket if I also had to pay for the taxi rides between clinics).

From what I remember, JW and Regen both had their own in house English translators, so if you were to call them and book a consultation with them and requests for the translators, I'm sure you would be alright. The consultation itself should be free, the deposit is after you've seen the doctor and discussed the pricing. If they do ask for any payment beforehand, it's likely to be said as a deposit to 'secure' a spot for your surgery afterwards. Do NOT pay that deposit unless you're 100% sure that is the clinic you want to have your surgery at.. and even then, I'd suggest you have the consultation with the doctors and everything first.

A few months ago when I was reading this forum and emailing some of the clinics myself, I was actually quite sold on doing it at ID Hospital. I actually even called them up on their international line and spoke to Angela? the English speaking consultant. She told me in order to book a consultation, I had to pay 1000USD to book since the doctors were very busy (it doesn't matter what time of year, it's always 'busy') and that I had to pay soon because the schedules were filling up. I was actually going to pay - I even set up an international transfer bank account and everything. In the end, I decided to contact a few translators first - I mean, if they can schedule an appointment for me WITHOUT me paying that deposit, then why would such a clinic ask for something like that? I guess I'm answering my own question, it's BECAUSE we're foreign patients and perhaps a little more gullible that such a 'transaction' exists, the deposits are non-refundable so regardless of whether you make it to your flight or not, there's nothing you can do to get the money back. But in the end, the amount you pay a translator is a fraction of that deposit and you get their services, expertise and company so... ultimately I think hiring your own translators are worth it if it's your first time in Seoul and alone and don't really have your mind set on any particular clinic.

The only other payment you might have to make during consultations is paying for x-ray/ct scans for facial contouring procedures (to look at your bone structure). Some clinics charge you for that and some don't, I think the cost is probably between 25,000-50,000 won. In the end, every bit of money counts so if you're not really that determined to get it done at that particular clinic then I'd say save your money and use it for shopping later but if you want to have a variety of consultations, then I would recommend it - you might find that that clinic is the one. However, keep in mind that having too many of those scans aren't good for you so if you do have to do it, limit yourself to maybe 3 clinics a day.. and decide soon lol.

Ultimately I'd say it's up to you, in the grand scheme of things, $100 isn't much at all if you get the results you wanted. I wanted to come to Seoul for many reasons, and while getting rhino was one of the main reasons, I think I would've came here and gone back without any surgery done with no regrets either. I apologise for the rambling, hope that helps ;)

thank you softwishes for such a detailed account!
I'm an aussie too. I'm wanting a rhinoplasty but i'm still in the very early stages, checking out these forums and reading up about all the clinics, probably won't get one done until end of next year at the earliest.

Hi Softwishes,

Thank you for sharing your journey with us! Wish you fast recovery!

I am new to this forum too so I cant PM.

I want to ask if you think Regen is a good choice in your overall experience?

I am looking to do face contouring and fat grafting. I am planning to go to Korea in March or April next year.

Thanks so much for all the information!! Haha I'm in Sydney too! You're also around my age haha though I'll be 22 next month. $100 seems too hefty a fee for me to pay when I'm uncertain whether they will do what I want. Whereas in Seoul, there's just so much information on specific clinics and specific doctors on forums and it's a lot more transparent, not to mention the solid years of experience they'd have from working on asians and PS being a lot more popular there (rather than a hit or miss approach I'd have with clinics here)

One thing that caught my eye was the taxi thing! :o Was this included in your fee when hiring the translator? Well, currently I'm really really keen on TeiumPS, Regen and Grand (which all have english translators) but if I come up with a couple of clinics that don't have english translators and I want to get more opinions, I'll definitely hire a translator. Since they're all in Gangnam, I guess they're within walking distance of each other? Did you go to Seoul on your own? I'm really scared of going on my own xD But I wonder if waiting till early 2015 is a bit too much.. ^^" Seems like people just plan ahead a couple of months.

Would you say you're happy with your results now? I guess it's way too soon to tell but are you happy with how the surgery went? Is there anything else you'd consider getting done in Seoul? Also a question I've never seen up on these threads (and is open to anyone who has had surgery that they are happy with now) is: How do you "KNOW" in your gut that the doctor was the one for you? What does that certainty feel like? I'm asking because I want to be dead certain of this feeling when I meet the right one because sometimes when I'm anxious, I make rash decisions that I end up regretting. Although that's why I'm doing as much research as I can and compiling lists/notes to bring with me.

Another question open to anyone who has done surgery: What are the questions that should be asked during consultation?
^Both obvious and not so obvious questions to ask. Aside from what they can do for you, I guess stuff like: things not to eat after surgery? How to take care of yourself post-surgery? I probably missed some stuff. What about bringing saline/cotton balls?

And I REALLY appreciate the rambling and extremely detailed responses you give, as I'm sure others will in the future! There can never be too much information and help for deciding on PS! :biggrin: you've been extremely helpful, thank you!!

Thanks for the rambling it was nice to read ^^ (anything to kill time... haha :biggrin: ) good info! ^^

I hope you don't mind me budging in again but since no one else has answered this yet...

If you do any surgery around your mouth (jaw, chin etc) you should only eat soups for the first 5-7 days, maybe longer. Apart from the mouthwash they give you which you should use regularly and never ever forget you should probably avoid spicy foods the first days, also probably anything too hot (temperature)~ I don't know but I'd imagine chilies or kimchi isn't the best idea right after a nose surgery either... :biggrin:
Questions?
1. What procedures do you recommend?
2. This is what i want, is it possible? (If the surgeon boasts to absolutely definitely be able to give you exactly that, run)
3. What if the surgery is unsuccessful? What if something happens during the surgery or the anaesthesia? (If the surgeon says he's never had anything negative happen or never made a mistake, run... far and wide)
4. Do you offer free/reduced price revisions?
5. Am I allowed to stay in the clinic overnight?
6. What is included in the aftercare?
7. What is included in the price? Hospital stay, food, lodging, aftercare, bandages, stitch removal, ice packs, medicine? For how many days?
8. How long am I expected to stay in Korea after the surgery? (if it's major surgery under GA and the surgeon says you can travel home the next day, run... as fast as you can)

There's a few for starters... ^^; I've never had any PS yet (though I've had surgeries, under GA and otherwise :biggrin: ) and these are some of the questions I'd ask so... I hope that helps at least a little ^^