BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Vian,

The good doctors from Won Jin had left The clinic, they went to setup Unique.

Unique is setup by doctor fr magic nose n Wonjin

Hope this helps...

Pls be smart enough to understand why certain people kept on insisting there is no blacklisted list yet kept on recommending them one way or others...

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi PSP,

Thanks for your info. I will do more research again.

Hey guys,

Have any one following sg blogger Tammy Tay's sponsored $20k PS in SM Plastic Surgery? She just didit last week and I am checking out her updates on her twitters. Seems interesting to know since I am.curios how will she looklike eventually. She is already pretty but still go for PS.

Anyone has make enquiry with SM Plastic Surgery? Or anyone has did the surgery with them? Please share.

I've been reading reviews online and most of them seem to be related to double eyelid surgery more so than rhino. The thing I don't like about Wonjin is that it's too "factory"-like, which is the main reason I did not want to go to Wonjin. There's MANY surgeons there - I think it was 20+. I believe my friend had her nose done by the head doctor Dr. Park. Don't have before/after pictures as I just saw it in person, and plus, she wouldn't want me to share. For double eyelid surgery, what kind of double eyelids do you want? Natural/subtle or more drastic? How about your price range? And are you planning on doing just double eyelids or other eye procedures - ptosis correction, latheral cantho, epi, etc? A few posts back, I listed the doctors I'm planning on consulting with next week for double eyelid surgery..and even though I don't have first hand experience with those doctors, I've found them to be pretty good from reading posts on Naver cafe.

Vian,

Wow! 20m sponsored PS!!!

God's sent-present ya....

Hmm.... I know some clinics do offer promotional model special price if u don't mind to be on their website for 2 yr.

I know they will Gv hefty discount but fully sponsored PS maybe only applicable to popular blogger (just my guessing but I could be wrong too)

U can check w the consultant whether they are keen to look for promotional model then u ask for good discount fr them. The discount could be as good as 30-40% off the list price.

The hefty discount means u can't being any translator there because the clinic won't offer to u good price bcoz they hv to pay the translator commission. Remember whenever u bring the translator there, a portion of the procedure fees you paid goes to the translator therefore the clinic won't be able to gv u the best price...

Please read the forum main thread for your research. You will be able to gather lots n loads of real info (after you read thru many threads in many main forums, u will be able to detect who are the promoters n translator). There was even a translator who promoted her own good services in the thread, I found her so funny..... Maybe these days business is harder to cm by as more members are smarter to explore KR PS by themselves, so she had to promote her own services??? God bless her!

Hi HJH,

Actually I can live with my eyes though cos I afraid I ended up having an imbalance height betwen two eyes. However, if I happen to know a gd dr, I would like to make my eyes bigger n less fat on my upper eyelid. SM PS quoted me for the double eyelid with epi and laterals within minutes I sent my enquiry through email. The girl whatsapp me instantly. The service is so responsive. But I am a little scare too since the clinic was so responsive. I really wanted to knoq how Tammy Tay PS done

I definitely need a rhino as my nose is flat n short. Hmnn.... I have to choose carefully before I do.

So u going to Korea next week?

Hi PSP,

Like I mentioned just now, SM consultant just whatsapp me on pricing. They are so responsive. I felt like overwhelming by her instant consultation. She asked me if want to go in Dec since their pricing is going to increase next year. I don't like to rush myself. But if Tammy Tay surgery came out good, I might consider.

Ohhh I see. If you're just planning on checking out Wonjin for rhino, then you should go ahead and have a consultation. Wonjin is pretty well-known for noses. I think Braun PS is good for noses as well. I'm going there to consult for double eyelids but I've read several people recommend Braun for rhino as well. Are you planning on going to a local friendly clinic or one targeted for mainly foreigners? If you're looking for clinics for foreigners, check out Oz. There's some good reviews on rhino for Oz. And yup, I'm heading out next week. Kind of excited and scared at the same time since I'm planning on going to the consultations by myself. I speak enough Korean since I'm ethnically Korean but I'm pretty sure the clinics are going to know I'm from out of the country since I dress, talk, etc. differently than Koreans there. And I can do conversation Korean but I'm not too familiar with more difficult vocabulary unfortunately! :sad:

Hi Zizen,

I totally agreed with you that it is not the clinic that is important but the doctors.

However, as a foreigner, we may not be able to read and understand Korean like you. You are so blessed to work and live in Korea,

Honestly, I couldn't differentiate this Dr Lee to another Dr Lee. Or even Dr Park to another Dr Park.

Therefore, i would rather pay more for the founder of the clinic to work on me.

One of the fellow Singapore member went to EverM for 2 jaws. I believe he is a genuine patient. According to another patients, she mentioned that Dr Yoon at EverM has more than 10 years of experiences.

As for White clinic, i confessed that i only found the clinic while watching bone procedure in youtube. i welcome any review on this clinic too.

You understood that 2 jaws is dangerous and require skillful doctor, please be a good heart to share with us where you did your 2 jaws? few members are going to Korea next year for 2 jaws, your input will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again for your precious input ya :lol:

Hi everyone,
I desperately need an input regarding IMI clinic (www.imi.co.kr) before making my decision to have fat grafting there. I just had consultation with Dr.Kim from IMI today and I feel comfortable with him. However, the price is a bit shocking - he charges 6 mil for full face face grafting (without stem cell) and this is already the local price. They said that they usually charge international patients more - they pull out the price list, one for local patients and another for international patients and the price for international patients is 2mil more. However, he said because I contacted him directly and didn't come with an agent or translator so he charged me the local price. But this price is still crazy. Do you think it's stupid to pay 6 mil for face grafting whereas all other clinics only charge 2-3 mil.
If anyone had surgery at IMI by Dr. Kim or heard about this clinic or seen it on any list, especially black list, can you please let me know. Any comments from you would be very very much appreciated. I think I have to make decision as soon as possible.

Hi Winterntht,

I think most people never heard of this clinic. How did you find it? If you were referred to it by anyone, be it a "friend" or a translator, I think you are being ripped off big time. One of my friends got full face fat graft for 2k usd. Please being informed and don't got pushed into decision and taken advantage by those unscrupulous clinics.

Good luck

looks like the clinic is only 5 years old? 5 years means it's not a new clinic but it's also not very old~ at least their naver blog is... i have never heard of it and 6M is a ridiculous price, no one charges that much... they might have been trying to take advantage of you... but you said you approached the dr directly... Endymion asked the right thing, did someone tell you about the clinic? maybe they also told the dr about you...

Hi Seialeir,

I was in the same situation as you (except older!) and thinking "now or never". It's now been 3 months since my rhinoplasty and I am really glad that I had it done (actually, I wish I had mustered up the courage to do it earlier). Not only am I happy with the end result, but the entire experience - from consultation to post-operative healing - was terrific. Dr. Jae Hoon Kim at April 31 Plastic Surgery was my surgeon and I can't say enough good things about him - he listened, was kind, and clearly has excellent surgical skills. I say this based on the end result AND the fact that I had no bruising and minimal swelling (this is a big indicator of very skilled surgeon). I highly recommend going to see him for your rhinoplasty. Also, his staff was wonderful and very professional.

I actually work in healthcare so I am very critical as I know how easily (and often) things can go wrong. So ultimately, you need to find a surgeon you can trust and comes highly recommended by a former satisfied patient.....NOT by choosing a clinic because the facilities and equipment are fancy (that's good, but it shouldn't be a big deciding factor). Aside from the surgical skills which can only be assessed by speaking with the patient and seeing their before/after pics, I was looking for a surgeon who:
1. has ethics: i.e. not in it for the money so he (and his staff) do not put any pressure on me to put down a security deposit and book the surgery. I also didn't want to go to those big hospitals where you are just a statistic and don't even know if the surgeon you had the consultation with is the same one who will be performing the surgery.
2. truly cares about the patient: listens, takes the time to sufficiently answer my questions, then asks me more detailed questions to better understand what I want, etc. I was impressed that Dr. Kim asked me questions not only about what procedures I wanted done, but questions about myself, my background, why I wanted plastic surgery, and why now...This indicated that he was treating a person, not Patient #235.
3. could strike a good balance between what I wanted/expected vs. giving his professional judgment. Often patients come in with unrealistic expectations or unknowingly want something that may not result in the best outcome. I came in with a list of things I wanted done. Dr. Kim told me I didn't need most of it and made some recommendations based on the shape of my face, bone structure, and dimensions. At the end of the day, the surgeon is the expert and he should give his opinion - even if you don't like it. I don't want a "yes - man", I want someone who's going to inject their professional opinion based on his experience. There has to be mutual respect here.

So that was my experience with Dr. Kim at April 31. I hope that helps you as you make your decision. Good luck!

Hi tryptophan,

Can you share your before and after photos here? Can you provide your rhino details - whether you use implant or cartilage frm ear and ur surgery method is open or closed? Do u see have any scar? I believe now the skill is very important and the swelling is a major concern as it affects the recovery.