BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

hi everyone i just joined today but i've been reading the plastic surgery threads on pf for almost 2 years now. everyone has been very helpful and really helped make up my mind to really go for this.

i am planning to go to seoul june/july 2014 for approximately 2 weeks :smile: is anyone planning to go during this time? i want to get rhinoplasty + hair transplant/hair lowering (at the same time) and get lasek eye surgery!

clinics i have shortlisted
jewelry - http://jewelryps.kr/
view - http://viewclinic.com/
girin - http://girinlife.com/
tlps (the line) - http://www.tlps.co.kr/
rex - http://www.rexclinic.com/
belita - http://belitaclinic.co.kr/

for lasek i am looking into gangnam st mary and glory eye clinic, both offer lasek around $1000 for both eyes and i have read good reviews about these places.

i have decided on anita as my translator!

nice to meet you all~

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

Im new here. Was active in cozycot.

Im planning to go seoul next yr march or aprii. This will be my 3rd trip there, looking for travel buddy. =) Pls email me at [email protected]

Just a short review of my surgeries;

1st trip, 2011
- Zygoma reduction, mandible, fats removal, chin implant (face)
- With Dr Song clinic
* Unsatisfied with the results. Uneven manible. Chin still U-shape, no diff fr my before surgery chin. i chose him bcos of the cheap price he offered (was on budget). Did not show me the before and after x-ray as well. Clinic very small, u can hear the drilling sound while waiting outisde the receptionist area.

2nd trip, 2013
-Revision of zygoma reduction, fats removal, rhinoplasty
-With Regen
*This time round i learnt my lesson, focus on the reputation of the hospital/clinics instead of pricing. Do tons of tests pre-op, saw the x-ray, my manible is indeed uneven. I quite like my nose. Doc is very caring and friendly, ans ur q very detailed. Post-op svc good. I hired Zoe as my translator as well. =) to u guys, I dunno whether its a good thing or not, my korean colleagues actually thought that im one their pple. Im looking at drastic results, so im actually happy tat pple commented me look like korean instead of china. lol. before surgeries, i looked like fr china, flat and wide face. even after my 1st surgery, i still looked like one.

3rd trip, 2014
-Planning to go back Regen to do my eyes, cheek implant and v-line.

I'm new also, been reading thread for a few days. If I ever decide, I may go end of May 2014.
I have so much to learn and have only started researching

That's so sad about your first surgery! March or April is a bit too early for me,I'm thinking May

researching can be so tedious sometimes but the bad reviews and bad experiences always reminds me, this is a really serious decision to make and once the damage is done it is hard to recover from it (physically, emotionally and financially). over the last 2 years my choice in clinics have changed sooooo much!

at first i wanted bk, grand and oz because they were one of the most english friendly clinics and i had the mentality "oh yeah every surgeon in korea is an expert and it won't be a problem" but after discovering more and more clinics it made me make a 360 turn. now i have turned to more relatively unknown clinics that are popular among locals (using pf, naver/daum and my korean friends as references).

it's scary how much you can change your mind and make rash decisions, especially for something as serious as plastic surgery.

i wish you luck for your research :smile:

Did my double eyelid surgery 2 days ago and I'm currently recovering! I have a quick question for those that underwent DES, did you guys apply an ointment or something on the scar? My doctor just told me to use cold packs and take medicine for 3 days to help with the swelling but didn't give an ointment or anything to apply onto the scar.

May I ask you which clinic you are talking about? I also want to get my eyes done soon, I had teuimps in mind but not it is closed, I am not sure which clinic is good with eye surgery. I don't read Korean so when I researched the result are always those clinics that are popular with oversea clients

oh i heard in teuim the head doctor is really sick and the clinic is closed temporarily(?) i hope he recovers. yes, i'm not saying the bigger and english friendly clinics are bad but it's nice to keep your options open and i mean isn't it better to go where the locals go? i've noticed when people write their reviews about their consultations they note the locals/foreigners ratio and they always feel better when they see a lot of locals. if a clinic is good it doesn't even need to market to foreigners as they would have more than enough local business (personal opinion).

hmm so you are just doing eyes right? what do you plan on doing? double eyelids? non-incision, partial incision, incision? fat removal? epicanthoplasty? lateral canthoplasty? what style are going for dolly or natural? because different clinics have different styles.

i am not planning to do eyes as i have pretty big eyes already but from pf/naver/daum/korean friends, i recommend you to check out:

- view (capable of natural and dolly, popular among locals, amazing results, ilove9988 and karime both went here and both really happy with the results)
- girin (capable of subtle and dramatic, popular among locals, amazing results)
- jewlery (they make super dolly eyes (everyone looks the same), but on chinese forums they have quite a few bad reviews)
- tlps (i really like their eyes, they can do really dramatic transformation that looks really natural [see here], the only "bad" thing i've heard about them is they are more on the pricier side - it's worth it imo [see example of result])
- rex (small clinic, 1 doctor(?), popular among locals, caligirl21 went here to do eyes and nose and she absolutely loves it, i think she is even going back again to do more, i think she will email you her results and some b&a pics if you ask :smile:)
- chungdam u (some people say they are so-so, but ulzzangs go here to do their surgery)
- belita (i don't know a lot about this clinic i think only 1 person from cozycot went there (she was really happy with her results and the service), however it's won multiple prestigious awards, really popular among locals, i've actually heard they decline foreigners as they have too much local business already)
- bandoeyes (i see a lot of people on pf being really interested in this clinic)

Hi mwol,
I'm the same,too. I remember when I first got into the plastic surgery scene, I was pretty much into ID, Grand and Wonjin. After a year of research, my short list was completely change. (Oh, my list of clinic almost the same as yours. ^_^ )

i know right? i hope no one makes an impulsive decision and really research (please do not go to bk or grand everyone - they are in top 10 sued/blacklisted clinics, locals will tell you to stay clear from them, heaps of botched jobs, some members have also said their hired translators have asked them to avoid them. just because they are english friendly does not mean they are good). i would hate for people to just go to a clinic just because it's more english friendly... they are literally hundreds (maybe thousands? probably not lol) of clinics in seoul and probably only 10% have an english site.

oh cool! when are you planning to go? what are you planning to do? i am going next year june/july for about 2 weeks :smile: somewhere between june 30th - 21st july. i am pretty much set on anita as my translator ^_^ oh what are your shortlist clinics?

oh my gosh! i swear we are exactly the same. i am planning to go to small face for vline + cheek reduction too! (i am 100% on small face) haha and before i was set on shimmian for nose but after the bad reviews and experiences on purse forum i am really put off. i have also read in a chinese forum that most of the people are really unhappy and have made his clinic blacklisted.

as for the order in which you should do your surgery. the order that i was told by my korean friends, naver and daum cafes, zoe and anita (the translators) have said was always eyes - nose - facial contouring.

the woman who emails in english for small face is a bit eh i'm not sure how to put it? but she doesn't really put patients as a priority (this is the vibe i got from her, but maybe it is the language barrier...), she even recommended me to go to beautyforever instead of small face saying the doctor is better but i asked my korean friends and they were like wtf? small face is way more popular. she also said that it would be fine for me to do nose first and then go to small face on the same day (both would be under general anaesthesia) and honestly she is the only one who has recommended this. everyone else is totally against it as general anaesthesia the first time is a nightmare to get over. don't worry though on the korean cafes people always commend small face on their friendly staff and great post op care, so hopefully it is just this girl that's a bit?...

i was wondering how much they quoted you for vline + cheek reduction? i heard that locals do get cheaper *sigh* i am hoping my translator can negotiate a lower price as i am a poor uni student and i've been saving for almost 2 years...

for me i am going to do lasek eye surgery, rhinoplasty and hair transplant in the first week (probably the 1st and 2nd day i am there) and the doctors i've asked have said that it's fine to do facial contouring on the 7th day post op. i am going with 2 of my other friends but only 1 of them is doing rhinoplasty. i might extend my stay by a few days to make sure i look "normal" enough to go back home haha n__n