BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesss!!! PLEASE EAT all the spicy food and the Korean BBQ before your surgery!!! I made the mistake of not having Korean BBQ initially, and I didnt make it to eat it after the surgery. Good thing I did have some spice ;)

I think you summed it up really really well :smile:
I've done surgery by myself in the States, but in another country, there is no way i would do without one. Like you said, eyes and nose might be fine, but definitely not for facial contouring.
When I had my chin aug, neck liposuction and mini tummy tuck done a couple of summers ago, I was so worried when I saw my chin looking crooked and long. I immediately called the doctor and he took me in for a visit. The difference between here and the big clinics in Korea is doctors in the States normally schedule days when they do nothing but consults and post up check ups, and days where they do only surgeries.
In Korea, the doctors seem to make their rounds doing consults, post op visits, and operations. It makes sense that the consults would feel rushed and that the post ops seem minimal especially during peak season. At least with a translator you can ask them if they think what you are experiencing is normal or if you should go get it looked at by the doctor. They will be able to explain the post up procedures/what to expect better. Also, if there is an emergency, you can ask them if they can make you an appt to see the doctor without a language barrier with the phone operator.
And like monalisa77 said, if you think you can do the initial consults by yourself, hire a translator for the aftercare :smile:

Zygoma n jaw reduction(not vline) for 11m is pretty expensive to me.i would expect to pay only 8 to 9 m for zygoma n jaw :P

My translator is a chinese translator, she allows me to book consultation at any clinics but i asked her which clinics are good, she told me jewelryps...smallface and faceline. She strongly recommended jewelryps which i think it's a bit weird. I think if we are gonna hire translator we should be well prepared and not influence by them:graucho:

Totally agreed with what you said.

I am still trying to comprehend how difficult it is for facial contouring. Everyone is telling us how horrible it is and not to go through it alone... But how difficult is it aside from the fact you will be super swollen and your throat will be painful...

Local koreans most went through facial contouring alone and hide in their room till they recovered without any help.:P

I just wanna prepare myself for the worst. When i'm reading people experience they all sound so happy and their swelling all seems to mellow down a lot after just 7 days and most look fantastic after 1 month

You did vline and zygoma right? Were you satisfied with the result? On a scale of 1 to 10, how happy are you with the result? Around how many days post-op then you started to like the result?

Sorry for the many questions

I will take CT-San when i'm there but what i understand from the translator is locals never pay 25k for consultation at id:cool:

Hmm, good to know.

Thank you. I'm thinking that I'm trying to stay stronge. Honestly i have no choice to still go to Thailand that will allow more time. I have place to stay already. I really don't want to spend anymore money on this.

I will be in Phuket till the 17th of December. I don't truly know by then. Friends are a definite no. I can't see them. Only because they know me well and i dont want to get laughed at. Family I'm working on that.

I'm just trying to think positive. My eye are there but the rest is not, especially
my lower jaw. I'm just holding on to my eyes. I can tell my face is really short compared to what it was.

I really appreciate it it.

PS best thing is try not to look in the mirror to much especially when your not feeling it. It makes it worst times a million times. Than there's the I don't really know phase when your swollen for me this helps. Your mind gets really twisted from this.

Hey FantasyFace - which type of facial countouring are you considering? I think the spectrum of pain and post recovery time depends on the type of surgery. For example, 2 jaw may take up to a full year to recover. Spartan Warrior at 2 months post surgery still can't insert 2 fingers into his mouth. For me, I only did eyes and mini-V. I recovered very rapidly from my mini-V. At day 4, I could start seeing the V-shape on my chin and on Day+7, many would not be able to tell I had a mini-V. However, I still felt extremely stiff and a little "plastic" now, at Day +15 and my smile has returned 70% to what it was before.

The pain for me was bearable with pain killers. Still, I had moments where I just wished it was over. It was a blunt pain, not a sharp pain. But I think you have to take the whole situation into consideration - not only just the pain.

You will be emotional (and constipated - at least for me:graucho:) due to the GA, your face is hot and swollen, you look like a mini monster, you ask yourself why did you put yourself through that willingly, your throat is going to be so SOOOOOO painful (that was the toughest part for me actually), and your lips will be very dry, your skin very tight and plastic looking and you may be bleeding / or bruised from other parts of your skin. So, taken the whole thing into perspective - it is not a very pretty sight.

For the first few days, you will remain strong because you have done enough reseearch, but if you dont get better by Day+4 or so, it may start breaking you emotionally.

A few others who have seen me like my mini-V quite a lot. It sharpens my face and balance it more. However, like I said earlier... for some reason, I sometimes think if it was really worth it. I may look better now, but I look quite different from who I was before - so, I think its the change and the emotional preparation that you have to prep yourself. Also every mm counts. I wanted my face to be more slender and a little longer - and now that I got it, I thought to myself - my old self wasnt all that shabby! lol My roommate and my translator said I looked different, but better.

I am only Day+15 now, so I will have to re-evaluate at one month post op. I think I am still recovering.....

GOod luck to you! Very exciting time indeed.

I wouldnt worry too much about this. In the grand scheme of things, 25K is not worth your worries or consideration. You are about to embark in a very exciting, extremely emotional and challenging path ahead. Most important thing is that you are comfortable with your surgeon. The 25K, treat is as just.... misc. fee. :yahoo:

Glad to hear you are doing well, Buddy!! I was getting a little worried when you havent said a word for 24 hours. I know, I am mommying you :smile: Keep us posted of your recovery.

Mia

When got your V-line how big was your chin? Cause I have roll of skin underneath mines. I look like I have double chin now. I dont know if it swelling or just the extra skin now that my jaw line is so short from being pushed in.

As long as I'm not touching my face and looking in the mirror to much I'm ok. I think. The inside of my mouth is really bothering me. It's not normal.

I have a appointment with Dr. Park on Monday I will find out more details.

Hey, your story is really inspirational.
I'm going to be getting mini v as well as rhino (yikes)
Could you recommend a translater for post op care?
That would be really helpful!

ha ha.. good advice.. you smart player.. I should do so.. //if they ask you to fill your particulars in the form (not sure they will), complete the occupation column with "full-time forumer" , Company " purseforum" :roflmfao::roflmfao:// just j/k