BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me guess DAPRS,JW,Faceline ? Thats what was offered to me. These are also very close to the residence. I'll be there on the 11th.

I think more clinics than we think we can get away with English.

Week 3 post op

- So I saw my doctor yesterday and was informed that the swelling inside my mouth is so bad that whenever I try to chew on my left side(which is where he told me I need to chew on for awhile),i'm literally eating off pieces of my cheeks.That is bad news because if I continue to do that I can get an infection and might need to extract my wisdom tooth/teeth idk.

- I was informed to chew on my left side because my teeth on the left side of my jaws are misaligned so the only way to align them is to chew on my left side.So he pretty much has me stick my pinky finger inside my mouth in order to push my cheek out of the way so I can chew.
- At week 3 I was given the go ahead to stop eating tofu and anything soft and start eating crunchier,chewier things.This should be great news but I completely and utterly hate it because it hurts soo bad whenever i try to chew.it's just not the same as it was before I underwent surgery.
- It took me an hour to eat yesterday because I had to first cut my food up into little bite size pieces,but even doing that doesn't help because,like I said before,i'm chewing off a little piece of my left cheek and I have to think about trying to avoid an infection.So at this point I upgraded to Listerine,because it is the strongest mouthwash I know
- There is still visible swelling in my face,even after 3 weeks. Only,it is now on my cheeks and also my chin and lips. So the upper perimeter of my face has no swelling,it's just the lower part
- Im kind of frustrated because I have to go back to work a couple of Mondays from now and I still cannot eat in public.I guess this is what i signed up for when I said I wanted jaw surgery
- I realized that if you get an infection,it doesn't necessarily mean that it is the doctors fault.it doesn't even have to be your fault.It's just a possibility with any surgery because complications like the one i'm going through now can be a factor.
- I decided to cave so im gonna stock up on pumpkin juice on Tuesday and see if I can get the swelling issue inside my mouth dealt with because it can turn into a very serious problem
- I forgot to mention that the doc took the screws out that were put in during surgery yesterday.Okay,so yu now how people freak out when they have to get their stitches out,getting the screws ou is kind of the same.My mouth was bleeding when he took them out and I felt a deep pressure when he was unscrewing it but I just pictured a beach in my mind to take my mind off of it(If you decide to get jaw surgery,take painkillers before getting your screws taken out). It only hurts for the moment but after it is over,you will be relieved.
- My jaw still spasms but lie I mentioned before,that doesn't bother me but what does bother me is my teeth were perfectly aligned post op but now they seems to want to move back to tehir od positions so they are trying to spread apart again.This only means that I have to get braces when I get back to the states.Doc says six months of braces is enough.
- At this point,i'm happy i did the surgeries and the v line and cheekbones reduction doesn't bother me at all but the 2 jaw still keeps me up at night.I didn't sleep last night,nor am I sleeping tonight because my left cheek is tender and I really do not want to take the painkillers because I do not want to rely on it for everything.All I know is I cannot wait for this to be over but the thing is,I do not know when it will be over but i'm still here with a smile on my face hoping for the best

Unfortunately I leave the morning of the 10th so you'll arrive after I leave but good luck and im sure youll enjoy korea

Makeover: February 4th - March 10th

ThuyTrang: February 4th - February 12th

pinkjade316: February 10 - 23 Kakao: pinkjade316 (trip confirmed)

CocoApple: February 13-20 Kakao: kirika88 (trip confirmed)

Mizubunnie: February 17 - ?

Elena07: February 18-25 Kakao: PG7273408 (trip confirmed)

AnnaCrush2506: February 27 - 9 March Kakao: AnnaC2506 (trip confirmed)

ChanelAddicted2: 8th - 15th March (trip confirmed)

Seoul KR : 13 - 27 March (trip confirmed)

April - May 2014

chicbunbun: April 21 - May 15 Kakao: chicbunbunt

hoebee May 11 - 25

cinch87 May 15 - 25

seoulparisienne: April 9-20, (trip confirmed) PM me for my Kakao!

Cinnamon_rol: April 4-16 kakao: cinnamonrol

Mindy89: April 5-16 kakao:MYQ8909 (trip confirmed)

Quick2014- may6- may20

Icy C: April 6-18 (trip confirmed) kakao: IcyC

kplove: May 15-?

I kinda figured they get commission because I read on here,someone posted that Koreans tend to take care of their own,so if they want to give them commission for translating I figure what the heck.Here are my reasons why I'm not bothered by it

- Earlier I mentioned my host mom booked appointments for me shortly after I reached and that was because prior to my arrival I told her I as doing plastic surgery and I mentioned the clinics I wanted to go to.It's a damn good thing the appointments were made in advance as opposed to me walking in because clinics charge you for walk ins.Now i don't now about you but i'm not gonna pay for a consultation with a clinic that I may or may not book
- I feel really bad for posting her information on here in the first place because now all I see is her name blasted all over the place but whats done is done and the reason I did it was because I was soo excited and I wasn't really thinking.Also she did an impeccable job translating for me but I wasn't reliant on that only.I had my list of questions for the doc along with a million pictures(literally lol) of what I wanted and did not want.
- At first I was really excited about getting a translator until I actually talked to them over email.I realized how deceitful they can be. I'm not saying all are the same but ive read this forum from to back and people talk about Zoe and Anita and how great they are,so I had high expectations when I emailed them
-So Zoe was a sweetheart,she answered all my questions and gave me her rate ($300 flat fee,excluding her commission). She was pretty straight forward and I liked that but she ditched me last minute when I told her I wanted to ay $15,000 usd.She was usually prompt with her messages back to me but after she kindly said she couldn't translate for me I asked her if she could recommend me someone but she left me high and dry.
- Now Anita just pissed me off because she gave me a ($150 flat fee,excluding commission) plus free airport pickup service. Everything was ready and set and stupid me decided to tell her my budget a week or so before I was ready to come. So out of the blue she says as of January 2014 her rate is $150 a day.So I was like wtf,because just last week(after 2014) we were all set.Then she hits me with another wtf.Her office was closed the day I arrive and 3 days after so her driver will have to pick me up and translate for me and I have to pay him $30 to translate for each clinic and that doesn't include the after care service,which was still probably $150 a day.At this point fireworks were going off in my head and I was furious,so I pretty much came here alone and I just felt betrayed but luckily things turned out ok. I'm sure there are some good translators out there but they just shouldn't treat people the way they treated me. So yeah,that's what happened to me.That's how I ended up here and I'm so glad things happened the way they did because I wouldn't have it any other way.A the end of the day I ended up saving more money instead of being duped.
- Also it's funny you mention host moms only do it for the money because as soon as I read that my mind went back to my pre-blender days when I would walk for 3-4 hours at a time without drinking anything and would stumble into the building looking like one of those zombies from the walking dead. My host mom pretty much said listen you need to eat and stop with this bs else you will pass out and she would literally cook for me and say here eat this (she probably thought I was anorexic at first but truth is I just didn't know how to handle things).So she pretty much brought me back to reality.
- Like I said it's my fault for foolishly posting too much info on the forum,I mean people shes not a translator.She runs a hotel, thats all but she helps people out sometimes,people like me.Which is cool and all but I hope I didn't overwhelm her.Anyway,I said what needed to be said because I honestly feel like not all translators are trustworthy so be careful

Hang in there Anna,you're gonna look great

Aww, Anna thanks for still thinking of us at this time. You are one brave girl! Things are going to get better everyday from here so hang in there, we are all here to pray and cheer you on. Be strong and think about the result in a few weeks!