BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

DAPRS was in a high rise more modern type building and on the 7th floor, very close to Sinsa. After walking in you can see right away the girls looked like barbie dolls almost, very made up. It was obvious they had work done as they looked dramatic, especially with the eyes. The Lobby was moderately crowded with a mix of locals and some foreign.

They recently hired an English Translator girl. She spoke very good English. The vibe was very flashy and the attitude seemed to be we can make you beautiful, a very plastic surgery focus. They had a TV screen where the TV shoe Let Me In was showing. They kept playing episodes where makeovers were done by Dr Lee.

After a short wait they took some X-Rays, no photos, It was less than what EverM did. Then a consultant lady comes in. She was very attractive and very enthusiastic and start giving recommendations from looking at my face. She was suggesting different things based on what I wanted. She felt Botox would be a good option along with mandible cut and contour. After a short wait it was on to meet Dr. Lee. He was very mild mannered and laid back, it was also late in the afternoon and he just got out of surgery. I went over my concerns and he touched my face and then showed my x-ray and made recommendations. He could understand what I was saying in English and responded to the translator in Korean. At first he felt my chin was ok and that a mandible cut and contour would be good enough, but then I mentioned I wanted a much softer look and then he suggested a chin T-Cut along with Mandible cut and contour. He didn't think I needed botox or muscle reduction. He felt the mandible cut and contour will reduce the muscle effect enough. This was different than what the consultant had mentioned. He was straight forward in recommending what would help and what would not be needed. He told me he would recommend not doing any type of zyogma reduction. I asked a few questions, then he had to excuse himself. So about 10-15 minutes with the doctor. This was another situation where it would have felt more comfortable if I could talk to the doctor directly in English so that we were both on the same page as far as expectations and what can be done.

After that I went into another room and had some Q&A with the consultant and then she started to talk price. She initially gave a price on the high side of 7M for the mandible reduction and 7M for the T-Osectomy for total of 14M. My host Bock Soon mentioned we went to other places and they charged lower. Eventually I bargained a bit more and felt they gave a very competitive price. This was after some negotiating. The consultant looked at her calendar as we were trying to get the price lower. Perhaps they have quotas etc. and maybe different times of month or year they give different prices. The total quote I got came in the range of about 10M Won. This is with cash discount of course.

9M - 10M Won seems to be the competitive market rate for a V-Line Mandible and Chin cut. It seems from word around you should always pay around this market rate anywhere. If they push anymore you can always find a good clinic that charges the market rate or less.

So after some thinking, I felt that both EverM and DAPRS could do a good job for this surgery. The DAPRS consult was a bit shorter and not as detailed with x-rays and photos,
but I felt Dr Lee has a good reputation with Jaw and Chin reduction and that DAPRS is a plastic surgery clinic that is known for producing dramatic change and pretty faces. EverM before and after photos also looked good. Since I came for plastic surgery and to get a prettier look, I decided to lean towards the plastic surgery clinic and chose DAPRS. I decided not to consult elsewhere as I felt I had two good options from reputable facial contouring clinics.

It seemed that the Doctors at both places didn't have much time for a long consult as they were on the move with patients etc. So I did feel it was hard to build some rapport with the doctor before deciding. I made a choice based on before and afters, talking to people here and from this forum.

I likely go into surgery tomorrow.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@michelleee
I'm getting DE done too woohoo
I've heard good things about Pitangui and Teuim (esp for eyes). I tried to get in contact with View and Girin but I don't think they have an english representative (i got ignored on kakao by Girin lol ;_;). I'm going to Teuim, TOPPS, and JK for face-face consultations so far... might add more if I find any that interests me. Teuim &JK quote around the same.. ~4k for incisional+ptosis correction+epi
BTW, Pitangui's dr.yoo will be away a business trip during may...they told me he will be back around may 6th?
Lastly, I'll be there from april 28th to may 11th :smile:

Dallas101,

It is not a silly question at all! However I have been notified that if you are on period you should avoid surgery for safety because of the significant loss of blood and general change in level of hormone.

You can always wait until the middle of your cycle or at least when you stop bleeding. I myself take contraceptive injections so I no longer have periods, however I just think it's worth advising you this because it's very risky doing ops while it's still bleeding. Patient can easily fainted when the loss of blood over their tolerance limits and fainting on general anaesthesia is very dangerous. Some procedures that have a significant loss of blood such as liposuction the doctor strictly avoid people on period, it depends on what procedures you are doing you should also raise this issue with the doctor to see if they have any precaution.

Hi Pres,
Thanks for the update, and good for you that you got a great price! Best of luck on your surgery tomorrow. Please keep us posted!

Thanks MaiQ for respond to my question. I am plan on having a nose surgery. I will ask my doctor about this.

Anyone going to Korea from August 24-Sept 5? I haven't been visiting the site for some months and now I'm totally lost! I was planning to hire a translator but after reading so many negative about them abusing foreign patients' trust and get commission from the clinics make me so confuse and not sure what to do. ChanelAddicted2's post just confirmed my skepticism. It'll be nice to have some company during my visit for PS. Please let me know.

Thanks for the warning @ ChanelAddicted2. I was afraid stuff like that was happening. As soon as you post the date and places you're going it's so esay for someone to "claim" you as their client and get commissions; even without you knowing. It sucks because the point of the forum is to share information freely w/ one another without having to worry about that. I've been pretty careful but for those of you who have posted info such as where you're going and when and where you are staying, you might want to take some precautions.

as several people have mentioned here before, maybe you can get a "host mom" of a bnb to go w/ you. makeover and pres30, who both used host mom, but still managed to get pretty good deals at the clinic of their choice. so, even if the moms take commission , it doesn't seem like an outrageous amount, and they are translating, so it may not be such a bad trade off...

FACT
Host Mum commission = 25% to 40%
Translator commission = 35% and above

omg that is so wrong :S thank you ChanelAddicted2 for pointing it out.
now am worried about what i have written but its the only way to get info on here is to say where your going to get feedback right ?!?!?!!! now am confused