BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Hi all!
I was wondering if anyone is interested in going to KR possibly next year (still long I know but I'm planning ahead)
I did my share of research and it seems like Teium is good for eyes and TLPS for rhino. But View is pretty good too? (But I have no idea how to contact them)

I have asked ID hospital for a virtual plastic surgery to look like a model just for the fun of it, hoping they will reply soon!

I will be doing my double eyelids and rhino so I would prefer if I could do it at the same clinic.

So the main point- is anyone keen on these few clinics as well? Looking to go around next year march to avoid peak period and most importantly a companian! :graucho::biggrin: will probably stay around 10days?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, didn't know how to edit, therefore i quoted it. ahah

Yes I am also planning to go next year, but most likely around end of March (20ish) I am planning to have full-face make over (cheekbone reduction, chin implant, fat graft) I am doing my eyelid surgery this year at June back home in Vietnam as I'll have holiday there.

On my list right now is Pitangui and Banobagi. Grand is long blacklisted bc there are so many negative reviews of them on here. I've contacted TL but they suggested me procedures that I dont think is suitable for my face so it's out.

I did consider OZ but from the lack of B&A pictures of their complicated procedures I cant be sure. Since it's a one-man clinic I am also not sure if they have good anaesthetists in house.

Pre-Cautions to people who is considering complicated procedures that requires general anaesthesia

Having a good and well-equipped anaesthetist team is very important to me because most deaths from PS is anaesthesia-related. People think death from PS is due to the doctor's fault, no it is usually because the anaesthetist team didnt react well or fast enough to patient's anaesthesia shock, or if they dont have a separate team of anaesthetists at all. I have many discussion with my doctor friends who advised me to go to big PS with adequate anaesthesia team for that reason. ( I know what you might think - the "It's not gonna be me" thought! The number of deaths where general anaesthesia was the direct cause have been quoted in the range from 1:10,000 operations to 1:1700 One in about 2000 ops - that's pretty damn serious! Source http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/important-complications-of-anaesthesia)

If you sometimes have breathing problems, chest pains, quickly running out of breath when you do physical activities or sometimes uncomfortable feeling of the heart area then do a health check before undertaking PS, because any breathing problems or heart diseases increase ur chance of anaesthesia shocks by hundreds of time, that is a very serious precaution from many qualified doctor friends I talked to. I was shocked to know that in most PS although they do a preliminary health check on you but it doesnt cover heart Xray and complicated procedures to identify these diseases. Also you will sign a form before undertaking PS claiming that you have no history of heart diseases/breathing problems complication etc so even if there is anaesthesia shocks happening and that death happens during ops, the hospital is not liable for damages etc. So please protect yourself by doing a general health check before PS and make sure you dont have any *slight* heart or breathing complications, if yes raise the issue with the doctor and see what they advise.

It took me by surprise on how many people, on this forum and in general, thinks the surgery is so easy and that you can fix stuffs without taking risks. Speaking to many of my doctor friends give me many cautions, they were honest with me that many times patients had anaesthesia shocks and luckily they managed to react to it quickly with defibrillator (the electric machines to impose shocks to the heart) so the patient revived from near-death when their heart stopped. They say-even that happens, when the patient is awake they wont generally tell the patient that it happened, they only tell them: the ops were successful, congratulations. So many patients thought it was so easy like a good sleep,didnt know she was marginally dead. You just never know if anaesthesia shock will happen on you, please check! There are a patient of my friends who have a few slight heart complications and the risks for her to undertake PS is too much because of anaesthesia shocks that she has to give that PS plan up.

stitch_madness: eyelid surgery only need local anaesthesia (you'll be awake, just dont feel anything) so it should be a safe and fairly simple, however nose jobs generally require general anaesthesias.

i think I'm still interested to Banobagi. I dont know why, but i really trust them.. but i'm waiting my friend to recommend me 1 more clinic (as he promised to find the best 3 plastic surgery clinics, through his medical family background..).

I'm planning to visit korea 8-18 May 2014.. My Boyfriend will accompany me through this. but i hope I could find some friend(s) to share the pain of recovery. For Line, whatsapp, or Kakakotalk ID, please PM me

yupp, because of my education background, i really concern about the anesthesia that are going to be performed. I still remember how painful if the anesthesia is not working properly or how dangerous it is if it's overdose.

Beside of the result, please be cautious about the anesthesia. It's often overlooked by a lot of people.

I'll be in Korea on May 9. Maybe we can meet up or consult some clinics. Lol after you mentioned Banobagi yesterday I've been going through all their pictures and really like their more natural looking results. Feel free to message me, and what ops are you thinking of doing?

Hey! Michelle. I'm actually also considering Pitangui, DAPRS, View and Teium for double eyelid surgery. The DAPRS before and after pictures look very good for eyes. I saw a lot of good before and after pictures for View too on Naver. Pitangui has a pretty good reputation and Teium is pretty good too but has a more natural result. I got a quote from Teium for incisional and ptosis for around 3.5mil, for Pitangui I got quoted 1.2-1.5mil for incision and .5 to .7mil for ptosis, and for DAPRS I was quoted about 2.5 to 3.5mil for incisional and ptosis correction. I'm also going to Seoul in May to June, from May 25th to June 8th! Have you made any consultation appointments yet?

Personally I don't think Pitangui is a great choice. I've heard bad experiences from people who went there. I used to think it was a good clinic before. If you want to be impressed before your surgery, go there. If you want to be impressed after your surgery, go to a different clinic. Has anyone even seen "wow" results from real people who went to Pitangui?

I agree with shinyglittery -- not because I've seen actual results and didn't like them, but because when I emailed the contact person (don't wanna name names...) who many posters suggested from this forum, she was very dishonest and quoted me like 4x as much as every other clinic (and much more than other people here stated). Several people asked me if I misread her email. I did not. She specifically outlined each part of the rhinoplasty and added it up. She tried to charge me like $2000 USD PER PART of the rhinoplasty (2K for alarplasty, 2K for blunt tip correction, 2K for bridge work, 2K for width reduction!). I was like ummm I do not think a non-rib nose job costs 8K in Korea...