BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

the translators i have are all mandarin translators... i find english translators market to be too small and not enough competition.... chinese translators seem to have more clinic names to give out.

When i asked her which hospital is the best for facial contouring..she told me"There is no best hospital for facial contouring" then followed by "if you wanna be conservative you can go to big hospitals like Bk, propose, faceline, regen..."

Very profound reply. what clinics should i go if i dun wanna be conservative? lol....

The rest of the translators just told me " ID is good, faceline, Jewelry , smallface is not bad too"

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all of the translators told me they heard of TLPS but didn't comment on the skills of the doctors. I guess they don't have clients going to TLPS for surgeries...

Maybe there is no marketing for international patients... i might still keep tlps..

U also like TLPS too? I like it as well just that I hv no way to consult them before I leave Seoul cos I dnt have their email address.

i heard from mrair ...haha. she is like a walking encyclopedia ... but somebody mentioned tlps was intially from The Line ... and the doctors left and branched out its own practice. My guess is the good,famous ,popular doctors will leave and start their own practice.. leaving the lousy ones behind. lol... so tlps should be worth a visit

wow! your translator sounds really good. i like her honesty.can i know her name pleasee? =D

and yes, you should really think about it. what you really want and would you be able to accept the changes.

you might not wanna hear this but i thought i was ready, but surgery made me realize i cant accept drastic changes. i went for revision cause of tiny flaws..and now im seeking for another revision-.- every morning i wished that i havent done surgeries.

so if you are very sure and ready for changes, go for it =)

I have the exact same Feeling as u, u send me a message about emailing you again, I already emailed u when u asked me to the first time but you didn't reply

really?! i must have missed your email as i would definitely reply. i'll go and check again now. sorry=)

add: is your email same as ur PF username? i cant seem to find it

Omg can you PM me the contact details of your translator? Is she doing mando translations or an English based one? And pleaseee tell me the name of the clinic too, tHanks so much hun :smile:.
Talk about scary... I don't want to be operated on by some nobody. ITS OUR FACES THEY'RE DEALING WITH. EEEK

Can you pls tell us which clinic it is? Actually you can post its name here. I'm sure everyone will appreciate it.

- Double eyelid in Korea
Hey girls! I want to do double eyelid surgery including widening my inner eyes and outer eyes. But I'm not sure which clinic and which doctor to go...
Mind giving me some advices?
In deciding between JW clinic, BK clinic and ITEM clinic.

I think the famous clinic among locals was the old The Line clinic. And if you pay attention more, TLPS are initials for The Line Plastic Surgery.

I went to both TL and TheLine. TLPS is actually a small clinic with 3 floors in a building, 1 floor for consultation, 1 for aftercare, 1 for surgery. Maybe more than 3 floors coz I saw a staff went down to B1. And outside the building, there was an ad saying TL - TheLine.

The new TheLine clinic is bigger, 1 ground floor of a whole building for reception, 1 floor for consultation, 1 for surgery, 1 for aftercare. I talked with a korean girl here, and she said that she also read it on the korean community that TheLine is very good, thus the reason she came.

I had good impression with both the 2 clinics since I had surgeries at both. They treated me super nice, maybe nicer than the others coz I knew about both TL and TheLine (think there is competition between those 2?)

They both have English translators. They both gave me their emails and kakao just in case there d b anything wrong with my surgery.

Half the doctors stay, Half move. Even the nurses and staffs do. The consultants who worked for the old The Line clinic are promoted to managers of the new clinics. So i had the impression they just split to 2 different new clinic.

For the consultation, they were not pushy unlike the other clinics. Because they already knew that I had full knowledge of risks and complication, I did research before coming, I stand firm with my decision.

That was the reason why, when I randomly asked whether I needed acculift or vline to have a smaller face. The consultants at both clinics honestly advised I absolutely shouldnt touch it.

But I was a little turned off by TLPS because the price was higher than TheLine even though they knew that they cant fool me. Maybe because the manager who gave me the price at TLPS was new and didnt know me, but the manager at TheLine did and she even check the record how much I paid the last time at the old clinic.

You dnt believe me if you knew how much I paid at TheLine (new) and The Line (old) :smile:) The staffs even had to admit that I got the same price as the locals.

Half stays half moves so I dnt think that the doctors branch out their own practice :cool: but rather than the old clinic split to 2 new

I was Zoe's former patient. I'm just stating facts here.
When I approached her with my list of clinics, I told her 3 clinics.
Banobagi, Smallface, and one more for facial contouring.
I asked for her suggestion, I told her specifically I didn't want ID so she recommended Dream. Later on, I talked to another forumer and for her, Zoe recommended other clinics, ID and Regen for face contouring.
So I was like, "what is this Regen clinic?" I googled them and I found their pics. So I just added another clinic to become 4, Zoe took me to all of them. No complaints from her in adding another clinic to my list.

My point is, Zoe (at least in my case and my friend's case) didn't actually recommend the same clinics to us. Actually I felt quite weird that Zoe didn't recommend Regen (such a good clinic) to me, but she did to this other girl.

If you look in the old thread (the one that's too long and has been closed) there were forumers who used Zoe's service and they made comparisons (especially HKPhooey) who said she actually got cheaper quotes from ID by bringing Zoe along, vs another girl who didn't use translator.....this is just a reminder in case new forumers didn't see those posts.

Oh, remember when Shane77 was getting a two-jaw from ID? ID gave him by mistake, a quote of 26M won. When Zoe heard it, she was surprised and inquired further causing the quote to drop to just 18M won. And Shane77 wasn't even Zoe's client. Shane77 never disputed this fact that Zoe helped her, even though Shane77 wasn't on best terms with Zoe....so I took it as a true incident.

Also, no offense to you all, but if Zoe from your emails sense you are "high-maintenance" she'd rather do business with someone else. If I were in her shoes, I'd be happy to offer "extra" services such as post-op care, buying foods, etc for the patient, BUT only if I have time to do it and if I like the patient....see what I mean? I would not commit myself to do these "Extra" things upfront for my clients, because then, my clients will have HIGH expectations of me and when I don't deliver, they get upset/mad.
But if me, as Zoe, meets a client and finds my client to be very likable and I happen to have extra time, I'll do extra stuffs for her without being asked. And since the client isn't expecting great post-op care from her, the client will be pleasantly surprised when Zoe goes the extra mile for them.

Personally, I'd like myself to be known as a translator rather than a caretaker or nurse (excuse my language). If Zoe starts doing just the caretaker part, more and more clients will ask her for the same...she'll be just known as Caretaker, not a translator anymore...so it's understandable if she doesn't want it.

For me, Zoe's post-op care also delivered. I can't say what it is, if I say it, then everyone who hires Zoe will expect her to do the same thing. But she went above and beyond what was expected. My aunt asked me, "dear Lord, how much are you paying her now that she's done all these things for you?"

Having said all these, there was one thing I wished she could have been done better...so I'll give her 85 points out of 100.