BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

November 2012
Via (20th Nov - 6th Dec)-
Faithhope01 (Nov.26 - Dec.10)-
Oceanbelle (29 Nov - 9 Dec)

December 2012
cjchen (16th - 25th)
fantasyface (17dec to 10 Jan): Vline,zygoma reduction
loverrrly (surgery date dec 8)-
karime

January 2013
sWalloW (6th - 19th)
shockingpinkz (7th - 23rd)
Cher87 (9th-30th)
miso soup (7th - 20th)
JQ132006 (11th - 26th)
momo2013 (12th Jan - 7th Feb)
TP11957980 (15th Jan - 2nd Feb)
pppmmm (jan1 - jan 16)

February 2013
apples. ( Jan 30th - Feb 17th)
sesamekiss (27th Feb - 12th Mar)

March 2013
spartakooks (7th-16th)- R3Gg13 (22nd Mar - 4th Apr)
bella147 (26 march - 6 April)

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey fantasyface, thank you so much for sharing what your translator advised. Do you mind sharing their information with me in a PM? I really like how honest they were with you. Thank you! ^^ Anyway, I don't know much about zygoma surgery, so I had to look it up online and this is what I got from multiple websites:

Dr. Park from OZ: "Many people are afraid of skin sagging after zygoma reduction. But if the patients are young and doctor dissect minimally, skin sagging will not happen."

Fushun Ma: "Most methods of the zygoma and zygomatic arch reduction surgery will not cause any facial sagging. However some reduction methods such as the Front End or the Front and Rear End Osteotomy Zygoma Reduction tend to have sagging complications. This is why facial sagging has caught a lot of attention... Why do the two surgical methods mentioned above tend to have facial sagging? When using these two methods the front end or both the front and rear end of the zygomatic arch will be severed from their attachment base and then an inward push of the mobilized bone is done to make the face narrower. In these processes the structure of the strong front end of the zygomatic complex is damaged and the inward pushing will also move the bone and its attaching muscle and deep tissue downward. Thus the facial sagging happens. On the other hand as the most prominent zygoma point is pushed inward and downward the attaching muscle and deep tissues also following this movement cause the facial sagging... [facial sagging can also be] caused by over undermining and over severance of tendons. In this instance, facial sagging (if any) is due to the miss reattachment of the muscle and tendons. The displaced lower attachment of the muscle and other soft tissues contributes to the facial sagging."

Some doctor: "A lot of patients undergoing I shaped osteotomy have complained of soft tissue sagging postoperatively, thus to avoid this sagging the overlying muscle attachment and the periosteum should kept intact as far as possible... the osteotomy is not carried out from the external surface of the zygomatic complex but from the internal surface as this helps to avoid the unnecessary stripping of the muscle and the periosteum and ultimately prevent postoperative sagging. Moreover, after the osteotomy, the segments should be fixed with screws. The fixation should be strong enough to resist the pull on posterior cut segment during mastication, which is another key point to prevent the sagging of soft tissues. As the zygomatic arch is a bony arch like structure, even if it is cut at both ends, arched shape does not change...
C shaped osteotomy: As the posterior bony segment is well supported by the anterior bone there is no inferior displacement of the cut bone segment after the osteotomy thus preventing soft tissue sagging in the zygomatic area. However, this procedure demands a high degree of surgical skill; only if the two cuts are parallel to each other then only the segments can be moved up and/or pushed medially. Thus a novice surgeon who does not resect the bone completely or parallel to each other, can hardly achieve the desired result."

AO Foundation Surgery Reference: "In order not to injure the connective tissue septations suspending the fat pad and to prevent inferior sagging, the dissection should be kept on the lateral surface."

I was reading some doctors' thoughts on the sagging subject, then compared with a non-biased surgical reference website... and they definitely point out that sagging is possible. So your translator is very correct, and she's probably seen the sagging or heard the complaints from former clients herself.

But as those doctors and reference website provided, I do believe that a person can get zygoma reduction without having to worry about sagging in the future, so long as they have the correct zygomatic reduction procedure done by a skilled doctor. My guess is that your translator's clients all had similar procedures done? Namely Front End, Front and Rear End Osteotomy Zygoma Reduction or I shaped osteotomy, which all seem to have high incidences of sagging post operation.

Would you happen to know if these procedures are the common approaches from doctors in Korea?

ha ha..we are not racist bebe .. let me know after u finalise the date .. I hope i can join too.

OMG....... That's so unprofessional..... :pout:
When will you flying to Seoul? Have you try another translotor "N"? Did she fully booked?
If you know chinese, there is another forumer who have chinese translator contacts..
no worry winterntht.. everything will be fine :biggrin:

Not sure about mid march.. will check on schedule. I'm planning on moving after surgery haha so sooner I have it the better. Worst case is you might see me already bandaged up then you can decide if it'll be worth it hehe.

TurningPoint what surgeries are you considering?

i wonder if the other girl was me. haha
anyway please email me so we can further discuss cherryzz67 @ g mail.com

Eyes and nose.. :cool: How about u ?

yes, i heard walking ard after PS helps a lot for De-swelling n preventing blood clots. but provided our bodies allows.. let me know which dates in mar u're looking at when u have finalized.

as long i can correct my face with jaw surgery without braces, may go ahead.

Grand PS for 2-jaw is ard 2million won. but the teeth/braces op care is ard 5m won.. the prices is pretty exp.. and the downtime n after op is so long... sigh...

Just FYI. I'm planning to go in may. (beginning may) I'm bilingual in english and Korean and would be willing to help translate for a day if you happen to be there at the same time and want to go to the same clinics. I put down a deposit at grand so i will go there again to consult one more time but before that I wanted to do a consultation at tieum and one mor place that specializes in either eye or nose. Still deciding. Will keep researching till I go.

I asked Regen about doing braces back in my country and they said it would be okay. That might be what I'll do but I'm waiting on consultation for more specifics.

Okay when I have my schedule down I'll definitely let you know :biggrin:

btw, juz to ask, do the clinics accept credit cards payments for the surgeries on that day or we hv to pay cash?
in cash, means we got to exchange and fly with tons of money to Korea...

if need deposit, do they accept PayPal?

Grand did say abt braces in SG and if i stay in korea, i need to stay there for a long time which M not willing to.
I asked if i do jaw surgery without braces , but they didnt reply. their jaw-surgery prices so far its the cheapest. but I hope their skills is as gd.

i cant put braces again when i hv already done my teeth..