BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

hmm i too... was thinking of other alternatives before intending to do zygoma n v-line... i like my jawline actually but its jus that the lower cheek around that area is abit chubby...

i was thinking if buccal fat removal will be sufficient instead... but then, thou i like my jawline, i wish to have a sharper and jus abit smaller face so maybe i may jus end up with zygoma n v-line... but based on the stiumulation pix i had, it seem chubby still so i may/may not add in a buccal fat removal but this will be decided upon face to face consultation which is maybe a few yr down the road after i had saved enuf...

do share your experience with the clinic u decided to do your procedures at, at a later date:P

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow....that's fast! I will probably leave on 17 Dec and return back on 27 or 28 Dec. How long will you be staying there? I am not sure if my duration in Seoul is long enough though cos I intend to consult 3 clinics before I make my decision. So far, I am leaning towards Regen and Teium, cos I heard that they are good with eyes. Banobagi is good too but I want more dramatic eyes and Zoe recommended Regen or Teium. My hubby said eye surgery very impt cos if my nose surgery goes wrong, not too obvious but if my eye surgery is a failure, then it is going to be very obvious.

I'm also scared and nervous. Let me know how's things there when u reach Seoul. Are u travelling alone?

Wow... the transformation is amazing! She really looks like a Korean star now!! Seems like View is good too. Any idea if they are gd with nose and eye surgery?

Congrats on ur nose surgery! Which clinic did u go to?

Thanks so much in advance!!! Your list will be definitely helpful for those who are not so sure which clinics to visit. At least we can read (of course some feedback must take with a pitch of salt) and make a more informed decision cos it is our faces!!!:biggrin:

What is View's website address? Can pm me? I can't seem to find it using google. Thanks in advance!

Any idea how long a duration to stay in Seoul? If I reach seoul and have consultation on 18 Dec, do surgery on 19 Dec, do I remove the stitches on 24 Dec or 25 Dec? Do the clinic work on Xmas eve or Xmas? This is again confusing. Can anyone advise me? Thanks!

2days to go to Seoul, Very nervous..., i'm only have 1 day to do plastic surgery shopping. I am going to visit BK, id, and grand. I only stay for 10 days, not long enough for cheekbone reduction n rhinoplasty. I hope i can decide the right surgeon, and the result will be great. finger cross. :smile: pray for me guys

wowi am so tempted to go to view clinic! So glad that they can speak mandarin.I think there r many popular clinics in korea and that some of these clinics we think r popular in this thread are actually due to marketers who r trying to lure us for their own profits. thats why I am so blessed by the post on this new thread!

ive been follwing for the past year but its only recently i feel that ive been enlightened due to the amazing research done by mirir. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

oh ya does anyone know if Late Jan is considered a peak period to do ps??? dont wish to go there only to find that i have to wait a few days before i can do my surgery. planning to visit a few clincs before I make my choice!

also what is the surery needed for droopy eyelds? pls help, appreciate lots!

Tried all different kind of words to search the view clinic... Finally found it ... It's

viewclinic.com

Checked out the website...the English version is limited.. only one page. Chinese version more comprehensive. Seems like their jaw surgery is good but I'm not impressed with their eye and nose surgery.

I have received ID's email. Seems like most docs recommend putting implants for nose but ID didn't state hw much the cost is and also, ID doesn't want to do my eyes but recommend chin plasty instead... lolx. I nv consider that before though. I am hoping to use my own tissue to construct my nose, rather than implant but ID doc said, if I do that, then I won't achieve Angelababy type of nose. I may drop ID out of my list.

Now I am waiting for Teium, Cinderella and ITEM to revert back. Sigh... dn't know when i can hear from them. Shld I just book my ticket to Seoul first?

Hey Snowstream - may i ask why ID does not want to do your eyes? Is it because of skillset or does the doc think your eyes are beautiful the way it is?
How long does ID usually take to reply? When are you going?

Hihi,

I said in my email that my eyes are a bit uneven and sent a photo but he said my eyes are ok..does not need surgery. Dr Prk from Oz also said he rather not touch my eyes as he thinks they are beautiful and trying to make it perfect may worsen it. I greedy lah... I want big dolly eyes. Regen also said my eyes are ok but can discuss on how to improve it. so I am leaning towards Regen now. ID takes about 3 days to reply me.

I am thinking of flying on 17 or 18 Dec. How abt u? But if I do surgery on 18 or 19 Dec, when I need to remove the stitches, it will be either Xmas eve or Xmas. I am wondering if clinics are open. Any idea?

Hi everyone, this is probably the first time I have posted here.. but I have been silently stalking for months! This will be a very long post.. so please skip if you don't need other's stories..Must apologize first, as I will be typing along as I think, might not make sense sometimes, I will not be editing it.

So I am here to share my story and hopefully it might help some of you..:smile:

I contacted Zoe a few months back and flew here on the 11th, booked in with consultations with Regen, ID and Banobagi for Zygoma, V Line and Rhinoplasty.

I stayed at Young Dong hotel, which is really convenient because they have a patient menu with porridge if you want to stay in. There is also convenience store just 2 minutes away, and I found a Chinese restaurant behind the hotel, which was great! Black Bean noodle.. YUM!

A little about me, I have never been uncomfortable with my looks, There wasn't much that I REALLY needed to change if you know what I mean... I had fillers before in my nose and I liked the effect, and I think my face is too round.. But there isn't one specific thing that I think is wrong with myself that I hate.

I would like a little pointy nose and a higher bridge though.. Just something a little more than what I have.

Anyways, so Zoe as you know is super wonderful and nice, we went to Banobagi first. The Doctor was nice and spoke English. He said the ratio of my eyes and face is fine, and if I reduce the size of my face it will make my eyes look too big. But he thinks I have a mouth protruding problem.. (gummy smile) So he recommened:
1. Move Chin forward 4.5mil KW so, mouth is still protruding but chin will hide it.
2. Rhinoplasty 5.5mil
He said my bridge was ok from the side but wide on the front, so he was going to push them towards the middle, so it looks higher.

Took many X Ray, CT Scans etc..

Then we went to ID. I was told I had to pay 50K KW for scans, which I was okay with. Took all the Xrays, photos etc. Then we waited, and waited and waited. Waited for 2.5 hours and didn't even see the consultant.

This was eating into my last appointment so I decided to skip ID.

Met with consultant really quickly after all the Scans and Photos, she was a little pushy and told me my face was not symmetrical and I need this and that, made me a little mad actually. Then I met with Doctor Lee (the guy that sits in the middle for all Regen photos) for V Line, I told him I thought my face was too big, but then I also noticed my protruding mouth problem. He said he agreed with the mouth problem, so he only recommended in moving the chin forward and forget the Zygoma and V line.

While he spoke, he made reference to my photos and X rays, so I understood him quite well.

Then I met with the Nose Doctor, which was also quite good.

Moving the chin forward is Mini V Line.

On wards to the consultant, price bargaining. She gave me the following prices:
1. rhinoplasty - 5mil
2. Zygoma - 5 mil
3 Mini V Line - 9mil
4. Mini Lift (in case of saggy skin) 4.5mil

So all up I can buy a car.

I insisted with Mini V Line and nose, and she kept pushing me to do zygoma and mini v line instead, got a bit annoying.

So after I was determined with nose and chin, the bargaining began. Remember everyone who goes to Seoul for surgery, at least bargin 2-3 mil off the price they give you and be very stubborn about it!!!! Offer lower than what you want to pay, and slowly bring it up. Use I will make decision straight away as a bargaining chip!

Final price she gave me was 13mil. Zoe and I bargained it down to 10mil.

Big difference right! This was already 8pm and straight away did tests and blood tests and more X rays. Booked in for surgery for the next day.

Had more Xrays in the morning.
I checked in my room, and met with both Doctors to confirm what I wanted done, changed into the right clothes. Then I was on the surgery table. I got really nervous, and was thinking why in the world am I here!? Regretting it already.. dear oh dear...

I was out quite soon, the nurses were real nice and the translator stayed until I fell asleep. It was so hard to fight the drip! 5 seconds after i was told go to sleep, I am gone.

Then I remember been woken, they shook me and shook me, and I didn't want to wake up. I couldn't stand up straight, my surgery was at 11am and it was 7pm when I woke up. The put me into a wheel chair and wheeled me into my room. I remember someone asking me if I want to stay the night and I said Yes.

I was sooo sleepy couldn't even walk! After i was put in bed, Zoe came again and squeezed me hands and told me I did great, everything is fine. Thank God for Zoe.. .. I strongly, strongly recommend her.

The 6 hours after surgery was absolute the worst, I was regretting every single second. I was in pure agony. I thought I was going to die. YES! It was that bad. It was because I was so dehydrated from not eating and drinking the night before, and not allowed water for 6 hours after surgery. My throat was really really painful because of the breathing tube they stuck there during surgery.

Every time I tried to swallow spit, it was pain X 100. I was counting every single second that passed until I was allowed water. My nose didn't hurt, but my face was aching with a dull pain. Zoe stayed until 9.30pm when a translating nurse came to work. I was in and out of sleep during that time. It was the time between 9.30 -11pm when I was allowed water... pure pure agony. I will seriously never go through this again.

So if you want to do multiple surgeries, do it once so you only suffer once!

When I was finally given water, it won't go down because my body was not used to it. It made me cough, cough cough which was a lot of pain for my face.

Then when I swallowed the water, my throat was in so much pain again. I know you probably think I shouldn't complain about my throat, but that really is the most painful part of the surgery!

My nose was fully packed with cotton, and I couldn't breathe at all with my nose. the thought of myself suffocating in the hotel because I couldn't breathe through my mouth crossed my mind.

I couldn't sleep during the first night, my cold packs were changed hourly by the nurse. The next day my face was so swollen I couldn't even open my eyes. I also had blood in the white part of my eye. The packing in my nose was really uncomfortable.

I checked out at 11am with Zoe, and was told the packing in my nose needs to stay another night. bought a bucket load of pumpkin juice which helps to deswell and went back to the hotel. My chin was wrapped in bandage and so was my nose. My nose was in a plaster. My face was really, really swollen. I bought a hoodie and a face mask immediately after. My head felt really heavy and I couldn't walk probably.

Upon discharge, I was given gargle water and medication for the next 7 days.
For the next 5 days, I went back to Regen daily for shots and checkups and cleaning of my nose. Zoe was there every time. We had dinner a few times.. :smile:

Day 1
Because I only had Mini V Line, meaning the jaw bone is not cut, I can chew with the back of my teeth. For the first few days, Zoe went to the convenience store and stocked up on porridge, banana and milk and juice for. Didn't really felt like eating anyways.
I stayed at hotel and watched DVDS ( I brought Asian dramas with me). I really didn't feel like getting out and walking. Sleeping was a nightmare because I can't breathe with my nose, and my mouth and throat was really dry from breathing through the mouth.

Day 2,
Swelling is still as bad, and I walked the 25 min to Regen and back for my checkup. They finally removed the packing. That was a little uncomfortable. Couldn't see very well as my eyes are still super swollen. I pulled up the hoodie and covered my face with the face mask and looked like a bank robber. I was takings meds three times a day after meals. I forced myself to eat something always. Even a banana. Meds on an empty stomach is bad for you. Gargled like there is no tomorrow. Iced non stop with ice packs and iced pumpkin juice.

Cleaning of the wounds hurt a little, but definitely tolerable.

Day 3.
Still swollen, but the pink around the eyes and face has turned darker into a purple. I can open my eyes a little now, and can finally see. I walked back and to again. Sleeping is not that bad. I ignore the propped up pillows and just slept as normal. Did continue to ice. I have had bleeding/runny nose since the first day, but now nose discharge is turning clear.

Day 4,
All bruises appeared, I have two huge black eyes. Like BLACK PURPLE eyes, but at least I can now wear my contact lenses. They removed the chin bandage and gave me a head compression band to wear. My chin is numb. I can feel my lips and face, but chin, numb. I stopped taking the painkiller for sleeping. I wasn't in that much pain. Only swollen, the feeling of skin stretched.

Day 5
A little better today, I started to use heat packs on my eyes and face. Which is just a towel drenched in hot water, wring dry and put on my eyes and face, over and over again. I did this for 30 min. This was heavenly and reduced the swelling a lot! I have started to walk around the area and found the Chinese Restaurant behind Young Dong. I also bough Viet noodles from across the street. Non Stop drama watching. Headband is uncomfortable to wear, but I still liked wearing it. it made me feel more snug.

Day 6
Today they removed the CAST on my nose! YAY! They also removed the visible stitches, this also hurt a little. My face is still swollen, but my eyes are better. Still black and blue. I met with both Doctors, and they checked on my results and told me the dos and donts. The nurse made a mold of my nose as a protector to wear at night time. Making the mold was quite painful as it required pushing into the nose. To be honest I think I look like the blue people in Avatar. My nose is higher but my eyes are still swollen and pushed together. I could hardly recognize myself with the nose cast off. But I am starting to look human.

People, before your surgery remember to take photos! Otherwise you will forget what you used to look like...:P

I think it will be at least one more week until the bruises start to fade away. I will be going to my last appointment with Regen tomorrow. Final checkup and needle shot. And flying away on Sunday.

Not much happened after Day 2.. It was basically just waiting everyday and lying in hotel and walking to my checkups. But everyday, there is a little improvement.

I am supposed to now massage my nose so it has better shape and wear the protector for one month.

Problems I am having now. My nose is still runny, there is still congestion. My nose drips if I walk. So I really hope this goes away in another week or so.

Oh yeah possible bad things that may happen, I have received emergency meds just in case an infection come up. If for some reason the meds do not work, then 1 out of 100-200 people may need to get the implant removed. I asked if they would do it for free. And yes they will.

As for Chin, there really isn't much that could go wrong. Sorry, it's 2am in the morning and this is it for now. I will let everyone know of my drippy nose and avatar face in a week.
Hopefully I will look more normal.

One final funny thing, Regen issued me with a certificate to say I had surgery just incase immigration won't let me pass on Sunday. :biggrin: