BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Hey congratulations! Must be great that it is finally over with and now you can just enjoy! Wishing you the best with recovery and outcome :smile:
In re: to how much you should walk, I never had a nj, but when I had mini tummy tuck they told me to get up and walk at least 10 min for every hour. From what I read from other forumers, they walked 2-4 hours a day.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks! But all this recovering iss much harder than I expected, my face is still super swollen and i am constantly getting super emotional which probaby isnt good for the swelling either :sad:(( ugh this is tough!!!

Hi hi,

Mine is on the 7th March to 16th March. Yu bought your tix already?

I'm going on 7th march to 16th march. What about u?

When you get lonely and emotional, just know, you have us here cheering you on! We are all over the world, so post questions/comments, someone in the right time zone will answer u :smile: it'll feel like you have friends there with you.
Stay positive. Take this time to relax and nurse yourself back to health.

Hi Everyone,

I've been a silent reader for the past month on this thread & asian rhino. I'm very grateful for everyone on their contributions, it has helped me a lot on my decision making for when I go to korea.

I also would like to contribute my experience and research, to help others like myself who plan to head to korea for PS. I've read probably well over 300 pages, on this forum & cozy cot and so far I've narrowed down some choices for PS centers. (BTW im planning for rhinoplasty, base reduction, osteo, nasal tip, and hopefully not, silicone implant. I don't want silicone if I don't need it.)

I believe my nose is a bit more complex as I have a low bridge, wide nasal bone, large nostrils and wide tip. Therefore my research has been for experience on my similar nose case. I hope this can help others in a similar situation as me.

The most important factors for choosing a PS center for me is:
1. Experience with my nose type, and the end result
2. Credibility of the doctor and clinic, safety
3. Price, I can't rule that out since I am not a baller lol

I do not care whether or not they provide great aftercare, service, etc. The most important for me is they understand what I want, are professional at the procedure with great craftmanship & they do it safely.

I think i've gone all over the map with choosing clinics, if you combine Purseforum & cozycot there is a lot of information to take in, some are repetitive but there are some that are not.

Here is my top 3 I plan to visit:

JW - Really liked website, photos and I their work on noses looks really well done.
Pros: Experience with my nose, medium size clinic, lots of locals
Cons: I heard a some-what negative review on purseforum, forgot who it was from but they did a good job with the nose job and service, but there was a bump on the nose and it required revision.

ID
Pros: One of the top hospitals, highly reputable
Cons: Lots of nose jobs on similar noses like mine, but the style and craftsmanship isn't to my taste. They seem very conservative with the changes, minimal even.

Regen
Pros: Popular among locals, 90% local 10% foreigners (heard somewhere on this forum)
Cons: Expensive 6-9mill for nose.

I'm still looking into popular korean local plastic surgery centers:
TLPS (aka The Beauty Line Plastic Surgery)
Also Viewclinic.com but it's too hard to navigate on the korean website. The english website is 1 page only, very minimum info.

Some other's i've crossed off:

ITEM:
Pros: Experience doctor from BK hospital
Cons: Heard negative feedback somewhere on this forum, website o-k

Jewelry - They were my top pick, I liked how they sent me a before & after picture of a nose similar like mine when I sent them an email for a price request. They took the time to search through their database & help me see options before I even asked for it.
Pros: I see my type of nose, priced between 2.5 mill - 6 mill
Cons: I heard they stole photos from other websites, cozycot forum had their B&A photo same as another clinic. That turned me off. Damn!

Grand
Pros: Cheaper 3.3 mill - 3.6 mill krw
Cons: Not much feedback

Shimmian
Pros: They specialize in noses, on all types
Cons: The B&A pictures are not very good.. maybe its because they have botched nose job revisions but anyways, its not convincing.

Banobagi
Pros: Good feedback on forums, no negative reviews yet. 50k per night accomodation in their guesthouse.
Cons: Don't see my type of nose

VIP:
Pros: Very popular with locals & foreigners. Probably one of the best clinics in korea, great aftercare service and feedback. Heard nothing negative at all on this clinic.
Cons: They want to charge me $11000 for a rib nose job! Or $6000 for silicone implant (and they say is not good?! Then why even mention it to me?!). They do dramatic nose jobs, which looks really good but I'm looking for more subtle changes.

BK
Pros: Heard the doctor is a psychopath but really good at nose jobs. Good reviews from other forumers here. Offer 3-5 days stay in guest house.
Cons: One of the top ten sued clinics, My aunt got a botched up eye job here. (too much fat was taken away on one eye lid and therefore one eye looks pulled up). Very bad aftercare service.

I'm also wondering if anyone has tips on bargaining. I plan to go with my mom in february sometime and I know you can bargain at least 500,000 - 2 million krw off the price. Some tips i've read are:
1. Your not local, you cannot come back for checkups etc.
2. Cash payment in USD
3. Instant payment right then and there
4. If your receiving more than 1 surgery, you can bargain for multiple surgery discount.

I've heard somewhere (I know thats not helpful, sorry) on this forum they charge international clients 20% on top of the surgery price for locals. ALSO they provide a referral percentage to your referrers. Therefore it's in your best knowledge to know that you CAN bargain it down considering you know they charge less to locals AND they provide referral fees.

Any other bargaining methods anyone?

Anways, hope I wasn't repetitive in my research. Just thought I'd like to contribute my findings!;)

Make your first choice your last choice so you can use that as a bargaining power. Start lower than you would pay. I would aim for a 15%-20% off.

Low balling is kinda part of the game, then you would work your way up to close the deal according to what your budget is.

I would pay in Korean Wons, find where u can get the best exchange rate.

Good luck!

I totally agree! Shop around and go to your first choice clinic, last. Then you've got information to bargain with.

Pay in korean won? I thought they'd prefer US for some reason lol, thanks for the tip. I'll look into finding the best exchange rate. :smile:

Hi everyone !

Thanks for posting your experiences, it helped me a lot to get informations but I have a question...

I'd like to know if I can get plastic surgery by one of these clinics in Korea even if I'm not asian-type... ? I'd like to get a jaw reduction (V-line)

(sorry for my mistakes I'm a non-native speaker)

It is oh so comforting to hear you say that, thank you. I have been checking in on the forum but it hasnt been as busy as usual :/ anyhoo a little update on my progress, the swelling on the eye that were almost completely shut yesterday has finally opened thank goodness! Not fully but soon enough! Still have bruising around the eyes and hoping for much more swelling progress tomorrow, its just not going down fast enough it seems :sad: especially around the eyes, face feels like a million bricks!!

Yeah I noticed the sight has been quiet too, but I guess there are a lot of us going in november/december. 1/2 are probably doing consults and recoving, the others are busy buying things they need. Me, I have been home, sick with the flu all week, so I come on and check cuz I am bored :/

Well sounds like you are healing correctly since the swelling is going down :smile: just think every day it will get better!! O n don't forget to nurse the rib too. Those of u who did nose surgeries using your ribs are just crazy tough :smile: I give u tons of credit!
Are you planning on seeing the sights? Are you alone? Have you met other forumers? I have never been to asia, so I am really psyched to go out and see the sights. After reading peoples updates though, i too might be bummed about my face and not want to go out. Luckily I have snowstream to do this with, so that'll be my motivator to get up and out.
Well keep posting if you are bored or need moral support :smile: someone will answer!

I email-ed them and it was not Joanne who replied me but a guy named wong. Do they have a e-mail where I can directly talk to the doctors?

The first time i emailed them i had wong too but then when i emailed back again i had joanne... So idk?

I find wong really bad, he can't even write english well and he is completely clueless. How can they put people like him in charge when he can't even properly speak English.

I'm sure you can. I think v-line would be the same for all ethnicities :smile:
Good luck :smile: