BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Yes, my surgeon is Dr. Kang. I didn't bring a translator with me because I'm Korean and had family with me to help translate when I didn't know what consultant/surgeon were talking about. :P

The price for two-jaw surgery is about 16 mil won, but can be brought down to around 14 mil won (depending on your bargaining skills). The orthodontics cost about 5.5 mil won.

I'm not doing vline or zygoma... so I'm not too sure.

Hi ibenlim,

I will definitely share my experience/results once I am done surgery. I hope to keep up with this forum months after to share my results. I believe two-jaw surgery costs about 16 mil won (I went to about 5 clinics for consultation and this was the starting price). I paid less than 13 mil won. Dr. Kang works closely with an orthodontist, and I believe I paid around 5.5 mil won for ceramic braces (it's much cheaper than from where I'm from). It's very expensive for two-jaw surgery because of the braces, but Dr. Kang only does two-jaw surgery with braces.

It's a bit of a process. You need to wear braces for about a month to 2 months so that your teeth can start moving. They basically mess up your current bite, align it for your new bite, do surgery, and then minimum 6 to 12 months of braces post-surgery to stabilize teeth. The orthodontist and surgeon will give you the plans to take to your orthodontist in your country to adjust the braces when needed.

I'm not sure which country you're from, but in the US and Canada, two-jaw maxillofacial surgery is a WAY longer process, which also requires braces. That's why I felt like I was being "scammed" by the other surgeons who said two-jaw surgery doesn't require braces. Most of those clinics are just plastic surgery clinics (성형외과) with just plastic surgeons. I chose Dr. Kang because he is a maxillofacial surgeon who works at Grand's Oral and Maxillofacial clinic (구강외과). From my research, I believe what he said in consultation was the correct plan for me.

I hope the best for your consultations. Definitely seek out the opinions of other clinics. Some doctors will say you don't need braces with two-jaw, some will say get braces if you want AFTER surgery, and some will say you must have braces.

8 stations seems far. Did you go alone for the surgery? And after surgery is there any problem in taking the train/cab back?
What do they provide there anyway? (wifi/laundry etc?)

woo.. you are korean and you choose Grand. so Grand must be good? Have you heard of Dr Seo from Grand? He seems to be the doctor to go to for vliine n zygoma while dr kang is for two jaw....
14 million for two jaw is quite cheap imho...:biggrin:

wish you success

Hey babyrose,

Pls do let us know what they quote your friend ok? I think it will be interesting...

Anyone know of any forum where local Koreans share their experiences about PS? Would like to go in and ask how much did they send and see if there's any gross differences.

Hey fantasyface,

Same here! I didn't seem to see much difference when people do their zygoma, and I was thinking if I should skip it since its a lot of amount for a small difference, and I have a limited budget.

Probably will just do my nose and v-line. Have to see what they say when I consult them.. Also when you visit the kroean websites, was the price they pay significantly lower than ours?

really wondering if zygoma is worth it but i have an asymmetrical face, one cheekbone is higher than the other. doesn't look obvious real life but in picture its quite obvious. i was thinking if i skip zygoma and just go ahead with vline , i will have money to do my eyes. not sure which one is more impt to create a prettier face. zygoma or eyes...lol

look at this girl from china
Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]
can you see she did zygoma? I actually can tell but she said she felt zygoma didn't make a difference to her face shape and attributed most of the changes to vline and she is extremely satisfied

babyrose mentioned she called view and view quoted her 15million for zygoma n vline while local on naver only paid 11m for both surgeries...

so ya...they quote much higher to foreigners

Fantasy face ....
Just to compare ...
Before pic

image-417534357.jpg

After pic ( I think before she does zygoma ) only jaw reduction

image-3766426591.jpg

image-1925131519.jpg

After zygoma done

image-3398802326.jpg

image-1661502680.jpg

She looks great before and after and much after later

February 2013

March 2013
- spartakooks (7th-16th)
Gonna go do 1-1 consultations with the clinics then decide.

she sure seems like she got zygoma done. this is hyuna from 4minute right? she looks much older in the before photo..she sure looks better after. you know where did she get her surgery?

her face looks unnatural to me