BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

AGREED! go for surgeon not the website, flashy marketing and the B&A pics only. i would be asking for examples of their work at consult time...and not just the ones on their site, which u would think would be their 'best' work

also, i have read bad things about grand as well - in fact didn't someone say on this forum that they were one of the most sued/complained about clinics...not sure, so please search this forum to verify. of course, i'm sure grand has also done some good work and please don't take what i say as gospel :smile:

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was basically all of Marir's research so far from the Naver cafes including b/a pictures which she previously couldn't attach to the previous word document she emailed out to people who asked for it. But yeah, seems to be not viewable anymore, and registering doesn't seem to help.

But wow, this topic has exploded with activity the past few days, all this talk about translators being the topic of conversation. My 2 cents is that people have to be pretty naive if you think they don't take a commission. You have to ask yourself, how would they make a living off their fees alone? From previous posts i was seeing $100-$200 a day for their service. How many clients would they have to take on just to make any money? Seoul is a pretty expensive place to live, i'm just sayin'.

Also, if theres a list of translators being passed around i wouldn't mind a PM! :P

for anyone that want this word doc, pls pm me...but u must be with gmail as the doc is massive (like 70MG+) so i have it on google docs and i can share it with u if you're on gmail

:biggrin:

Thats too bad, only got a hotmail. Guess i'll have to wait for Marir to fix it. :nogood:

I'm packing for Korea now! Flying tomorrow night, so can someone tell me how did they feel after their double eyelid surgery?? I don't want to stay in the hotel room. I am hoping I can walk around sif nothing has happened, and resume back to normal activities

Hello everyone!

I had my one week post-op appointment today. I got there late because of traffic, so I was there for a long time! Grand took another CT scan and gave me a deswelling warm face massage. I had to wait for the doctor for a while because he was in consultation, which was fine because I met a local there who had cheekbone reduction. She looked great. She asked me if getting two-jaw surgery hurts, and I told her ‘no’ and she became really interested in getting it done too. Uh, she clearly did not need it. When she left, the nurse told me that for most people, once you have one cosmetic surgery done, you crave for more… but that girl doesn’t realize two-jaw surgery is less about cosmetic and it’s pretty serious.

ANYWAY when the doctor came, he cleaned my mouth and taught me how to take out the plastic splint and how to put on the elastics. He was happy at how fast I’m healing and said it’s as if I’m already at 2 weeks post-op. I never had any tingly/numbness on my chin/bottom lip, which so far is a job well done. He advised me that healing for two-jaw surgery is case-by-case and there are people who bruise purple and feel numb for weeks. I’m glad I’m a fast healer. I never considered myself as one… as I normally bruise easily. I just have to remember to have over 2L of water, WALK WALK WALK, warm (not hot) compresses every day.

Still, the only thing that I HATE is the fact that I can’t eat real food! What I would give for a burger right about now…….

hi, yes i cant pm yet.
i think i will be going for consult & surgery the next day. i wanna consult JW as well as their online web is having problems and i cant email them for online consult.

M still thinking if wanna engage translators? anyone hv contact other than Z**..

sanmi - that's two things i need to pm u...when u can pm

1. N email address (translator) + i have another one...don't know her name bc i got from someone else, so don't know if she's good
2. my email address

hi, i put my email add

hi ritchallthetime

apparently u can access the doc with hotmail...this is what I randomly found when i googled it:

"You need to activate a Gdocs account on your hotmail address - then you log in using the hotmail address as the username and whatever password you like - the hotmail one for instance.

It may not be intuitive, but it does work (well I cannot vouch for hotmail, but I can for yahoo and a variety of other non-gmail addresses)"

AND this

Gill

8/26/10

"No - but they do need to open a Google docs account using the hotmail account as the login. However, there have been problems using hotmail in the past I believe."

PM me if you (or anyone else) wants to try :smile:

Hi, I can't really agree with the"how much budget or money that you want to waste on your medical trip in other country." as the word "waste" is a little harsh don't you think? :cool:

Zoe wasn't in the operation room, hence, the pat on the back AFTER I was wheeled out.. Changing the ice packs and staying with me was in the room I stayed overnight in. I was so groggy with the GA, so I had to stay a night, no blood tubes for me though...

ABout Zoe with bad reputation... A lot of forumers haven been speculating this and that and saying many things.. But that doesn't mean it's all true. I stand up for Zoe because I have used her services and only have the best things to say...I believe hiring her has made my life a lot, lot easier.

Just like, BK has horrid reviews on forums, but they are still a super busy clinic that runs in a whole building.. with patients streaming in and out.. I walked past there everyday during my stay...I believe there's always two sides to a story.

You're eyes will be really swollen. Def the first day post op I doubt you will want to be out and about but you can if you want with big sunglasses. Ppl do it all the time. I didn't leave my aunts house until I got my stitches removed. But if you're only getting eyes you'll be fine. Once again it also depends on your level of discomfort bc everyone is different. But I wouldn't worry too much eye surgery is probably the most common and less intense.