BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Hi Everyone,

I am 20 days post-op from mandible reduction (and a bit of chin shaving) at View clinic. Before leaving for Korea, I stopped reading the thread and was only back a couple of days ago. The thread is moving so fast that I had around 60-70 pages to catch up. Just would like to share some experience as I see a few of you are considering View.

The clinic: I spent 2 days visiting different clinics including ID, Small Face, Banobagi, Cinderella, Regen (didn’t get to meet the doctors as they were too busy) and View. I liked Banobagi and View but I chose View because I felt more comfortable with them. View is not a very big clinic like ID, Regen or Banobagi but it is not a small one either. They have all the necessary equipment for facial contouring surgeries including CT & Xray machines. In general, what I experienced at View was quite similar to what karime already described and I don’t want to repeat again how nice everyone at View is and how professional they are.

My surgery: I initially considered V-line to make my lower face smoother, smaller and less square. I didn’t have a massive face to begin with and I didn’t look for a drastic change. What I hated about my face was it was a bit square and I wanted to have an oval face shape. I personally don’t like a V-shaped face with a pointy chin and was really worried that I would end up with that kind of face shape after surgery. My ideal face shape was an oval face with a round chin like Yoona’s or Miss Korea 2012’s (thanks fantasyface for enlightening me with all the Korean and Chinese celebrities!). Before the consultation, I prepared a list of questions that I wanted to ask and pictures of what I liked (oval face with a round chin), disliked (V-shaped face with a pointy chin but still looks good) and hated (V-shaped face with a pointy chin and looks fake like what you usually find in the after pictures of a lot of Korean plastic surgery clinics websites). Reading the thread before going to Korea gave me an impression that View usually likes to provide a drastic change but this is not always the case. When I told Dr. Lee that I didn’t like a small and pointy chin and I had to make sure that he would not give me a pointy chin like most of the girls in View’s after pictures, he agreed with me that a pointy chin would not look good on me, which made me feel really relieved that the doctor had the same aesthetic view with me. He suggested a T-cut but I didn’t want it as I didn’t feel comfortable with the thought of having screws and plates in any part of my body. However, I still wanted to achieve the face shape that I like. Dr. Lee then suggested cutting along my mandible and shaving the square parts of my chin to make it round and that sounded perfect to me. He told me that my surgery would be around 1 hour. At that time, the clinic had already been fully booked for the next few days so they had to schedule my surgery at 6 pm 2 days after the consultation so that I could have stitches removed before I left Korea. They told me that they usually don’t schedule a bone surgery that late and my surgery was an extra work on that day for them. On my surgery day, I arrived at the clinic at 2pm then went to a nearby clinic for chest Xray and ECG, brought the results back to View, got changed, met with Dr.Lee the last time and went into the operation room at around 7 pm. The female anaesthesiologist who also speaks English put me to sleep soon after. They woke me up at 8.50 pm and told me the surgery was over. They asked me how I felt and if I felt any pain. I remember telling them that I didn’t feel any pain at all but I was really sleepy and just wanted to sleep. Ms.Kim said I would feel better after half an hour. She was there with me until around 10pm when I didn’t feel sleepy anymore. My night at the clinic went smoothly, no pain, no dizziness, no nausea. I didn’t need to use the bathroom the whole night so I didn’t have to bother the nurse. The blood draining tubes were removed the next morning, which hurt a bit. The stitching after that hurt even more, but it was very quick. The female doctor who did the stitching also speaks English. After that, I was discharged and my recovery went smoothly from there. Before leaving the clinic, I asked Ms.Kim to order pumpkin soup for me, which was enough for 4 days just in case I didn’t want to go out to buy food but I was so sick of pumpkin soup that I started eating noodles and soft food from my third day.

Side effects: Apart from the tightness along the areas that were cut due to scars, I don’t have any side effects, which I am extremely thankful for. As of right now I feel completely normal, no numbness on any parts of my lip, chin or mouth and I can eat whatever I like to including steak, nuts and dried squid. I love seafood and brought back from Korea a lot of dried fish and squid, thinking that I would only be able to eat them after at least 2 months. However, I can now eat them all without any discomfort. I can also comfortably insert 4 fingers into my mouth and if I try to force it then 4.5 fingers (before surgery I could comfortably insert 4.5 fingers). One of my biggest fears that held me back for years from having mandible reduction is nerve damage as I knew that I was not willing and ready to compromise my health for beauty. I still remember the first thing I did after waking up from general anaesthesia is touching my lower lip and chin to see whether they were numb and was so relieved that they felt completely normal. Before the surgery, Dr. Lee did warn me though that numbness was possible but it would resolve after a year. I told him I was ok with that as long as it’s not permanent. However, Dr. Oh from Banobagi said that if the surgeon cut too closely to the nerve, the numbness could be permanent, which is so scary.

Result: I think it is too early to comment about the outcome. Right now, I look uglier, my face is more square and bigger than before surgery. However, I see the squareness subsides day by day so I hope that one day it will disappear completely. I complaint this to Dr.Lee on my last day in Korea and he told me not to judge the result until 3 months after surgery. I know I just need to be patient ….

Translators: You don’t really need a translator as most of the clinics have in-house English translators and most doctors can speak or at least understand English. It would help a lot though if you have a good translator who helps you book appointments, navigate Seoul, ensure that the doctor gets your message correctly or simply would be there for you as a friend. However, if you want to hire a translator, be careful and make sure that you get a reliable one because a bad translator may provide you with misleading information or even worse, they can mess you up at the last minute. Nicole is great, she is such a nice, amazing young lady but I could only have her for 4 hours on my surgery day before I went into the operation room as she wasn’t available on the other days. I used another translator for my consultations and didn’t have good experience with her. Another translator that I didn’t use but was in contact with also tried to say very bad about the accommodation I booked (which turned out to be very nice, I believe fantasyface and ana.dancer would agree with me) and talked me into booking her place which was more expensive.

Last but not least, I just would like to say thank you to everyone for posting research info, for leaving reviews of different clinics and for sharing their experience, which helped me a lot in making my decision. Especially, I felt very lucky to meet the amazing forumers in Seoul, ana.dancer, fantasyface, karime (and briefly with adora and snowstream). Their company, supportiveness, helpfulness and encouragements made my experience extra memorable and my recovery process much less stressful. Hope you all are happy with your results.
Also, good luck to those who are going to have surgery soon.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Thanks for posting this. I also have a heavier lower face and after a lot of thought, think that I can be happy with just a chin reduction instead of a V-line which is too serious of an operation for me. Hopefully you'll see the results soon! Hope you don't mind if I ask but how has the pain been so far in your recovery?? And how many CTs and X-rays did they do on you?? Thanks again for posting this, this is really informative and helpful! Best of luck!

glad everything went well !
I am sure once all the swelling goes down after 3-months your face will be fine ^_^

Just wondering though, which translator did you use that you said wasn't that good?

@omiart: I never experienced any pain even right after post-op so I opted out of all the pain meds. However, before the stitches was removed, the incision sites felt a bit sore if I talked too much or opened my mouth too wide but after stitches removed, I felt instantly better.
They did 5 CTs and Xrays before surgery and the same number after surgery. They gave me all the copies and Dr.Lee also explained how much bone he removed from my mandible and chin by comparing the B&A CTs and Xrays.

@sesamekiss: I don't think I will post the translator's name openly on the forum. However, if you really want to know I can PM you.

hi winterntht,
I just PMed you. Can you PM me the name of the translator?

And may I ask how much was your surgery at view?

Thank you :smile:

hi everyone! I'm here beginner! help me please....I don't understand korean language and also, how i can go to the contact with interested to me clinics...I want this year do v-line surgery and maybe cheek reduction! I interested in:
1. FaceLine clinic
2. View clinic
Do you know an approximate cost of this two operations in this clinics?! And how you think, where is better the result? I'll be very grateful :smile:

Any good??! i should prob try and do consults in Oz just for reference...hmm
Should we do a groupemail for the Aussie peeps that are heading there around that time? seems easier to communicate and organize in that way :smile:

Hey Winterntht

Thanks SO much for letting us know about your experiences :smile: guess you were one of the lucky ones who didn't end up suffering *too* much after. I am the type to recover fast from surgery too, so I'm hoping if I buy some pills from makemeheal.com, my healing process will speed up even more.

I'm glad you had a really positive experience with View, right now I'm probably 85-90% sure I'll do my V line there. I'm still going to visit Migo, Cinderella and JW too. Just because I heard about Cinderella from Korean friends back in high school, when they were getting things done when they were like 15-17 lol. Quite a few did their eyes and nose :huh:).

Hope you manage to heal fast in the coming couple of weeks, and hope you end up loving your results!

Can you briefly explain why you didn't choose ID, Regen or Cinderella? And how much did your surgery cost?

hello :smile: do you mind sharing with me which translators you would not recommend? thanks heaps!

hi katy.spb,
im quite a newbie at this as well, but perhaps start by emailing the clinics? most of them have email addresses in their 'contact us' page. i tried a few myself and whilst not all will reply, but some do :smile: good luck!

Hi ^_^ I've been emailing Dr.Jung of Shimmian clinic, and here is the response I got today regarding one of my questions.

Translation: "Thank you for replying! If I do V-line first at a different clinic, can I get rhinoplasty at Shimmian right after?"

TRANSLATION (rough): After V-line, you can choose to do nose surgery at Shimmian.
However, ~stuff I can't really understand/translate..~ if you are too swollen, it may not be possible to do nose surgery.
Which facial bone surgery in hospital? Tell us and if facial bone surgery nose surgery is possible, I'll let you know.

Thank you.
Shimmian

-

For now, I'm leaning greatly towards TeuimPS for eye-lid revision and magic epicanthoplasty as well as outer corner cut. His results are amazing! He also does buccal fat removal...

I really want to get my nose revised by Dr.Jung at Shimmian.

However, I can't possibly go to THREE different clinics for different things in such a short amount of time (2-3months)..

I'm torn between getting my nose revised+eyes revised, or getting nose revised+cheekbones reduced, or any combo of either eye or nose revision & cheekbones.....

Oh, and has anyone looked into NJH Clinic?? Their before-afters are pretty amazing.
You can see their before-afters, but there's the annoying "log in" box, but you can still see the results and stuff by scrolling and looking around it.
http:// realstory.njhclinic .co.kr/psdiary/156 (remove the spaces)

Checked out the site... A little high, no? - http://m.topps.co.kr/m/gallery/gallery9_read.php?page=1&field=&keyword=&b_code=2240

Wow you're not yet 18 and you're planning to do revision and more surgery? Is that really necessary =/? You're soo young. Is your mum cool with it?

I've recently turned 23, and I'm saving up. I'm not planning to tell my parents until probably two weeks before I leave. I think they'd freak lol.

Hey just wondering why you're doing eyelid and nose revision. I thought you liked your results from Designer?