BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TwiNnie if You are not Asian are You not hesitant ( I am ) doing Your eyse in Korea, becouse Asian eyes are diffrent than for example Caucasian ? Can I also aske what is Your plan now, have You considered any other doctor for Your eyes surgery?

Yeah, I can tell when I was getting some stares it was more about curiosity than anything else. It still feels kinda awkward to get stares... I was expecting it but still feels kinda funny at first but now I'm used to it. I even caught myself staring at a foreigner couple... they were black and I couldn't help but to notice them of course. They looked back at me too with a surprised but pleasant look... almost like they were really happy to see me lol

Hey! That's so cool that you're Somalian! I have a good friend from East Africa and she's Ethiopian. Definitely nothing to worry about at all! If you are nice, respectful, and have a good attitude, the locals will be very cool with you.

Off topic but I noticed your username... I guess you're a Taeyang/BigBang fan? I'm a fan too but I'm more of a T.O.P. girl :biggrin: Going Kpop shopping over the weekend up in Myeongdong... there's an awesome Kpop store there! Hope to stock up on some goodies! If you're interested in checking it out when you come to town, let me know and I'll pm you the link

Hello. I'm sorry if I did not answer immediately your message. :smile:
The reason why I decided to have the surgery in Korea (although I find it hard to choose a clinic, because many of them have written to me that they can do surgery on my eyes) is that I think that they are more experienced in eye surgery, also if for different reasons.
I have ptosis (which I have discovered to have only consulting doctors in Korea) , and the line of the eye is very marked (I would reduce it), plus I'd like to know if it is possible to lengthen the eye with lateral canthoplasty or if can be done only on asian eyes.
Regarding the rest of the face, I would reduce the masseter (without touching the jaw and/or chin) and do midface lipo, but that's another story...
despite the fact that almost all the clinics I contacted claim to be able to operate my eyes, the only clinic that describes (in general terms) the surgery on western eyes is Banobagi. This makes me think...

Until now, I've contacted:
Banobagi
ID
Regen
JW
BIO (Bando Eyes)
Teuim

Possibly relevant to people who are gonna be travelling soon and don't have an iphone/ipad or android device but kakao will be releasing a beta of its kakaotalk app for the PC soon. The announcement is on the 24th, i assume the beta is out sameday. But hopefully this move will make it a lot easier to communicate between people who would normally have to rely on this thread or emails.

Free? I don't know what you're talking about. The person I was referring to is Nicole Jung. We sent messages over the clinic's email, [email protected] which I got from their site. I learned of the other Nicole here on the forum. She's a commonly mentioned translator here but I think that Zoe is more popular.

Thanks for clarifying that ritch. She's actually their online consultant. That's what's listed in her email's signature. But she says that she does all of the translations for foreign clients. So yeah, I guess you could say that she's an in-house translator as well.

Hey Ritch, just wondered if you have your dates of travel yet?

Hi HKP!

Sorry just saw your pm and have replied you. Haha, I guess your last sentence works on me to an extent too.. Realized that I'm not coming here as often as I did since I've finished my PS.

The zoo was interesting! And it's huge! GREAT for us who need plenty of walking to help with the swelling. I went in sub zero temperature so not all animals were there (about 90%). They have a dolphin performance too! (few timings a day. I went for 130pm). I'm sure if you head over there in APril, it will be so much more enjoyable!

If you go there, they sell tickets by 1) zoo entry only - 2000 won 2) zoo entry, 1 skylift, and 1 tram ride - about 8000 won if I remember correctly.

Do take the second package if you are not afraid of heights cuz the skylift was AWESOMEEEee! AND DO TAKE THE SKYLIFT FIRST to the zoo, and only take the tram back to the main entrance after you finished visiting the zoo as ur ticket allows only 1 use of each ride. (I did the other way and found it a hassle)

Also I did go to lotte world, but I didn't go inside as I don't think it's for a guy like me. I just shopped around the area as it's like a big shopping mall (with duty free shopping at the 9th-10th floor as well)

When I was there, it was the school holiday period, so there were more families, students and hildren, which made my overall trip more enjoyable as I love being around people and the hype etc..
When you guys go there, school should have started so I don't think there will be many kids so don't worry about scaring them. Even if there are, I think they will be delighted to see you all, thinking you guys are mascots or something.

I really love times square too if you guys haven't visited that area. One of the biggest mall. Watched Jack and the giant slayer there. I remember seeing a movie that I wanted to watch, but it won't be out till APril (can't remember the movie title) so probably you guys can plan a movie outing too。Hope you won't be bored during your 3 weeks stay there!

And I totally agree with you, I'm amazed that many people responded in my times of distress.. and those people who have constantly kakao me even today. HAH, Who needs friends when I have purseforum? (just jokingggggg~)

Really hope more people will continue to tell us more about their post-op result too, like 3 mths, and 6 mths onwards.

Bump

March 2013
spartakooks (7th-16th)
NYC Angel (12th-27th) - confirmed
kianpark 17 (15-22) - confirmed consultation
bella147 (15 march - 2 April) **confirmed :smile:
AEREE (Feb 15th - April 4th) **I'm Here**
kisskissbang + mom (18 March - 31 March) Confirmed
itsumobaby (19th - 24 March)
Fishbone (20th Mar - 3rd Apr)
R3Gg13 (22nd Mar - 4th Apr)
Cherryzz around 24th
san ard mar.
angiebellex (28 March- 7 April)
daa_vaa (March 23rd)
xsh (27 March-9 April)

April 2013
Unk ( 1 April - 21 April )
Reneesyd (3 April - 18 April)
HongKongPhooey & friend 9th to 30th April, flights booked
SeekingBeauty (April 6th - 17th)
Snowcup (April 2-17)
Kimmmy78 ( April 6 to 21)

May 2013
Go2Kr (May 8th - May 25th)

June 2013
Lexethan MALE (June 15th - June 28th). Confirmed and Ticket Booked!
Soong sister (June 18th - July 5th). Bought air ticket.
Janersmaners (towards the end of June)
Plasticbuns (1 month)
Crystallinesnow (end of June)

July 2013
turningpoint (14July-28July)

I was browsing old posts that I haven't read and noticed this.

I know that Teium is known for eye surgeries and it was pretty busy when my mom and I peeked in. But really?! Surgeries no matter how minor it may seem is still surgery and the risks of infection are everywhere. This is important because how would we heal properly if we had an infection? ORs are cold because a humid environment is the perfect breeding ground for bacteria. Scrubs or no scrubs, how come they let non-personnel in?! I wouldn't want people walking in on me when I'm most vulnerable.

Anyway, I remember going because we got lost at the station when we commuted the other day. ha ha ha If you get off at the sinsa station, head to the 1st exit. We used Pitangui as a marker since it was close the exit if we ever got lost again. Just head east (i think) and turn left at the first intersection going to apgujeong station. It's one of the first from the MAAANY centers lined up there.

Hello!! I'm freezing my pretty little touche here! It's cold even with the sun out. But then again, it depends on where you're coming from. I've gotten accustomed to the tropical climate in the Philippines that anything beyond that would be cold for me. We even had to buy thicker sweaters because we didn't think it would be this cold. I'm not so sure of the actual temperature but i think it's less than 10 degrees here.

I don't think it's fair to generalize Korean doctors and say that they do a bad job. There are hundreds of plastic surgery clinics in Korea and half of them aren't certified. I guess your friend might have gone to one of those that weren't certified and didn't know what he was doing.

***I hate insomnia :nuts: