BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

In this years April group there were 14 of us, some used translators but most did not. A lot go the girls went to JW, two with translators (Nicole and Jessica) and at least 4 without translators. All 6 girls had consultations independent to each other as most people travel alone. The price did NOT increase for the 2girls who hired translators, this is why I am not convinced foreigners pay a higher price for this reason. I am still not 100% sure if they do get a commission, if they do then it doesn't seem like its coming from the patients pockets.

I have always said nice things about Zoe because if it wasn't for her I would never had gone to Korea on my own, I'm not that brave. Of course people on a tight budget shouldn't hire one but there are people who want to take some of the stress off this life changing decision to go under the knife. Also quite a few in our April group were wealthy women who preferred to be looked after, it's a matter of choice rather than necessity, having said that there was a girl who didn't get the result she wanted due to miscommunication with her consultant who spoke broken English and the doctor spoke no English.

I am not in cahoot with anyone it made me chuckle, please read my old posts where I have also recommended Nicole and told others to steer clear of Jessica. I'm not here for any other reason than to give back to this forum that has helped me so much.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I know what's the confusion here... one of u used the professional medical tourism translation service and one used a private translator zoe nicole etc.. the medical tourism service can be found anywhere in airport and seoul station if not mistaken..

the medical tourism service offers everything from pick up to accommodation arrangements and taking u to the clinics they r associated with.. this is targeted towards the chinese community mainly so u definitely have to pay for that service which explains the higher surgical costs.. whereas the private translators u paid for their service privately already anyway so whther they take commissions I do not know..

Thanks for sharing your xrays! This really helps me out on what I wanted. Do you mind if you can send me frontal before and after pictures? And you had vline but i can only see the difference in the chin area, did you also shave down your jawline?

[FONT=&quot]Your welcome. I love your nose it's beautiful it's perfect. I did my nose in the states but I believe it's more cookie cutter . I was looking at ID for forehead augmentation but their pictures look photoshop.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I was also considering Romian because I saw the pictures on their actual forums[/FONT]
Does any one know about Romian

Dear all,

I was in Korea for 3 weeks for rhinoplasty, double eyelid surgery, and skin care. I hired the best translator ever, Anita. :smile:

I just got back home a few days ago so I wanted to fill you all in on my experience. I didn't visit that many clinics. I stayed away from the big ones cuz of personal preference. I didn't want to feel like I was going to a factory to get surgery done. I know a lot of people like the big names but I feel like it's a hit or miss. Just my personal opinion after talking to others. . I knew I wanted a small clinic where I could talk to the doctor and know exactly who is doing my surgery. I'm not here to bash or promote any ps clinics. I'm not even going to write a review about mine. I'm still waiting for results. In a few months, I will post a review. I'm here solely to share my overall experience.

Regarding the whole translator business, I cannot say whether or not my translator got a commission. No idea but what I do know is this: her postcare is great!!!! Anita will always make sure that you are okay, money aside. I was picked up from airport, taken out to dinner, and was able to meet a ps postop patient the day I arrived. I'm not sure if it gets better than that. Anita is very responsive and will do her very best to ensure that you are okay even if it means taking you to the hospital because you accidentally bumped your nose after surgery (with the cast still on). Ouch!!! I really have to say that Anita and people who work for her went out of their way to accommodate my needs. They even took me shopping! !! Who does that?! It was like having a guide and nurse at the same time!! Believe me, if you are alone, you need someone like Anita. After surgery, you will not want to move. Having someone get you meds and everything else you need takes the worry and exhaustion away. You really don't want to have to worry about anything right after surgery. Believe me. The anesthesia sucks the life out of you.

If it wasn't for Anita, I would have never met my love in Seoul. By my "love," I mean my Skin Care clinic: Maylin! !! I LOVE this place. Hands down, the best skin care clinic in Seoul. :biggrin: I would go back Seoul just to go to Maylin. That's how good they are. 5 stars...doctor speaks English and is super sweet, honest, and professional. Everyone at the clinic is awesome! !! From the moment you enter, you are treated like a celebrity. :cool: If you want more info, PM me. I know this thread is for ps only but I can't help but write something about my favorite place in Seoul. If you're looking for a place to treat your skin and you want not only results but phenomenal service, Maylin is the place for you. :smile:

If you're looking for someone to pick you up, take you places, and help you search for ps clinics, Anita is your woman. She is very reasonable and the only translator I know who offers airport pickup without charging you an additional fee. I contacted Zoe and she asked for an additional fee for airport pickup on top of her already hefty price of $150. Anita charges $130 (including airport pickup). Plus she took me to skin clinics and anybps clinics I wanted.But, to me, the post care was of utmost importance. If not for Anita and a few good forum friends (tephteph), I wouldn't have survived.

Here's my advice to all of you embarking on this journey: don't be fooled by the big clinics. Look for a reputable doctor. Talk to real people who've had surgery. Ask as many questions as you want. Make sure the doctor knows exactly what you want before going into surgery. Remember they see many patients. Write things down. Be prepared for some pain, a whole lota bruises and swelling. :P Look for friends because you're going to need them to survive.

I'm back home now and Anita is still responding to my emails. She's really one heck of a translator. :smile: And visit Maylin and you'll see what I mean. You might even see a celeb or 2 while you're there. All locals go there. I don't think they have an English website unfortunately. They really don't need to market. The place is never empty.

Good luck to you all!!! Remember, no pain, no gain. :biggrin: The price we pay for beauty.

I'll post my review of the clinic I chose in a few months. :smile:

I wanted to do plastic surgery next years february 3 2014.i was told i have to stay 5 weeks ad i am lost.. i cannot tell my family yet and i need guidance..how can i get in touch with a good translator and what would i need to prep for surgery?
im going to have

2 jaw
vline
cheekbone reduction
chin augmentation

I am still on my early research. I know for sure I am doing my forehead. All my surgeries have been

done in steps . I personally wouldn't do a chin augmentation and 2 jaw, vline at the same time.

It would be best to get jaw surgery first assess the final results then if necessary get the chin
augmentation..

Hi Ecofriendly, Is the $130 Anita charged you for the length of your stay or is it a daily rate? I may need one for my surgeries in December. Can't wait for your update.

Hi Maria V, I'm from Australia.
Still so nervous about going by myself therefore have not booked my flight yet. I read this forum daily to help strengthen my resolve and hopefully i will have enough courage to buy my tickets. I think people here contact each other in Seoul by Kakaotalk so maybe you should install it on your phone.

Hi Misskr, please let us know after your consult how much you were quoted for things and how you feel about the clinic.

Lexethan, how did your surgeries go? Do you like the results so far and who did them for you? I am thinking of doing the same procedures as you, maybe when you're comfortable would you mind letting me have a look at your B/A? Thankyou.

Hi ecofriendly, I can't pm now so can we use email to talk to each other :xxx. I also hire Anita as my translator and she is super sweet and nice. Feel more confidence in her now tho your post.

So here is my email: [email protected]

Please share with me your experience in Maylin. Thanks so much :xxx