BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Hi Sporty,

I did my jaw surgery in Korea 2 weeks back. There are still good doctors and clinics in Seoul. With regards to Id, I originally short listed until I hear and read more about them. No doubt there are successful surgeries in id. However, if there is just 1 bad one, we don't want to be that one. So, I would only suggest going to id for consultation to hear the doctor out but don't commit. I do suggest considering those clinics that the locals go.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going by myself for right now. I'm hoping to meet up with some of the PF members and gain some mental support as well as to have some companion to go shopping etc. I think since you are planning to go around Dec then you should definitely book the ticket soon.

I'm still debating about what material to used for my rhino. I know silicon is widely used in Korea because it's relatively easy to use compare to having to harvest cartilage from the body. I think the ideal material would be autogenous rib graft but that requires a separate surgery itself and possible complications, infection, warping etc.

Hi ibenlim,thanks for your reply! But can I know where have you done your surgery?

Hey there! I'm also going again in June 2015 to visit relatives, perhaps we can meet up. Btw I think you mean 'mm' not cm :smile:

Hi Sporty,

I went to EverM. They emphasize on dental thus they are the experts in jaw surgeries. However, You'll need a translator during consultation. Their patients are mostly locals.

I also intend to go in year 2015 but maybe around april or so!

Hi lovevol
I also interested to do endo- forehead lift + lip lift at Aone. Mind to share what is they charges ? Thanks in advance Happy healing :smile:

Hi ibelim,

I want to do the brace and mini implant. Can you please tell me EverM English email address? I could not find it, only Korean language only which I do not understand.

Hi,

Here's the email address [email protected]. You can write in English via email.

Good luck!

Thanks plasticbunn and crazywawa for replying!! I'm so sorry! I meant mm lol stupid me. Anyways that would be great if we can meet up! I will be graduating mid may and will be racing to Korea right after. I am Chinese so my entire family is going to china that summer but I will be going to Korea for ps first. I would really like a buddy otherwise I would be so lost after the airport. xD
I'm still not sure which clinic is best for DE and Epi. I know it would be dr kwon from teuimp but I personally don't like his b a pics. Lol sorry guys!

Eyelid surgery experience!
So I am leaving Seoul tomorrow after being here for 6 days. I am very satisfied with my trip. I did double eyelid surgery specifically non-incisional, ptosis correction, & fat removal. I went to JW Plastic Surgery. They are located in the same street of Teuim and Apgujeong station in sinsa-dong area.
Please don't ask me for B&A pictures as I don't want to share my photo.

I hired Anita's services even though I knew JW has their in-house translator. I chose Anita over Zoe because for Anita's cheaper price ($130) she also provides airport pickup. And Zoe's emails seemed like an automated response probably because she has a lot of people asking for her services. And I heard because Zoe's so busy that her assistant is usually with you so I wanted someone who would have more time for me.
So here's a breakdown if my trip!

Day 1:
Arrived around 6pm. After getting my luggage I got out the nearest gate and I see Yoon holding a board with my name on it! Got driven to my hotel (Hotel Riviera Seoul) by Jason the driver who only speaks Chinese and English. Both Yoon and Jason look around 30 yrs old to me and I think they are husband and wife as another forumer told me. This was the only time i saw Yoon. My hotel is on the east side of Gangnam and is a 10 minutes drive to sinsa-dong. I chose this hotel because I wanted to stay in a nice hotel to increase my mood of being alone and for my recovery =( hahah, And I got some discounts which made it around $100/night. A cab ride from sinsa-dong to my hotel would be 2400won($2) which is also the starting price. Ordered room service that night.

Day 2:
Consultation - Jason drove me to JW. My decision was set on JW so I had an appointment with them at 10am for consultation and surgery with Dr Anh (or Ahn??). Dr Anh is an amazing doctor, he told me straight up what he doesn't recommend me to do. Jacob, JW's in-house translator was in the room with us but Dr Anh speaks some English as well. I originally wanted parallel eyelid with incisional method with lateral and maybe epi as well. I am in my early twenties and I originally have small double eyelid folds but the inner part of my eyes look monolid. Then he told me because I am young and have folds he suggested non-incisional. He didnt suggest lateral and epi because he said the ratio of the whites and my iris look good. Instead if I wanted bigger eyes he would do ptosis correction to make my eyelid raise higher, showing more of my eye when I open them. Also fat removal because I said my eyes look puffy when I put makeup on.

Pricing - after consultation with Dr Anh, Jacob brought Jason and I to the manager's office to discuss the price. She gave me 2,500,000 won then discounted to 2,300,000won. Jacob then brought us the Shinhan bank because I haven't exchanged my money yet. When we went into the bank he got a ticket from the machine even though there was no1 in there lol then a staff handed us pineapple popsicles!! I wasn't allowed to eat but Jacob said I can have 1 bite. So I took a giant bite and he threw it away =/. I love the banks here! Then because I had gel medi and pedi on Jacob brought me to a salon to have then removed which I didnt know I was not allowed to have. But JW has nail polish remover for normal nail polish.

Surgery:
After 2 hours of getting all that crap done it was around 12pm. I was brought to the 5th floor where recovery rooms and surgery rooms are located. I then was instructed to take all my clothes off except for my underwear and change into these big gowns. I put my purse and clothes in a locker beside my bed. Jason was waiting in the seating area outside my room. The nurse then guided me to wash my face, then to Dr Anh's office to draw the surgery lines then i went into the surgery room. All the nurses speak minimal English. After I lied down, Jacob sat beside me and the nurses proceeded to restrain my wrists, legs, hips, and forehead to the surgery bed. Jacob told me they would tie me up but i thought he was joking, anyways it seemed normal now. The thing I was most afraid of was the local anaesthetic shot to my eyelids which I read on forums was the worst and most painful part of the surgery. So when I asked Jacob if it would hurt he didnt seem to get what I was talking about and kept saying I will never feel any pain. So then they inserted a needle into my forearm that I thought was an IV which I found was the sedation. It didn't feel painful with all these restraints going on and what seemed like layers & layers of blankets on top of me. After like 15 or 30 minutes I kept wondering when they were going to administer the local anaesthetic shot. Dr Anh then came in and starting drawing on my eyelids with a marker again which felt cold and I thought he was already cutting me! He told me to take a deep breath, I started to feel light and then BAM, I fell asleep. After I dont know how long, I started to hear voices and the nurse shaking my shoulder for me to wake up. Dr Anh told me to open my eyes and I realized he was in the middle of doing my right eye. Then he said I will feel massaging on my eye. I think that part was him pushing the fat out?? I'm not sure. I felt some slight tugging. Every time he told me to open my eyes, he would cover the light or turn off some of the bright lights so it wouldn't sting my eyes. I found that very considerate as I read from other people's experiences that the light was the worst part to stare at when the Dr told you to open your eyes! After he was done with right eye, the same thing happened on the left eye. This whole time I felt very light and dreamy and might have mumbled some things I don't remember saying =S LOL. After he pushed the fat out of my left eye, Dr Anh put the fat on his finger and showed it to me, I was like "woooww!". After surgery was done I was guided back to my recovery room and the nurse put a cold eye pack on my eyes. She turned off the lights and told me to rest for 30 minutes. After that Jacob and Jason came in and Jacob explained the medication to me. The medication was in little separate packets for each time I had to take them. They also gave me to two gel cold packs for me to bring home! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1377525496.707421.jpg
I looked in the mirror for the first time and it didnt look too bruised, slight swelling. Nurse told me to ice my eyes from time to time and practice opening my eyes big so it will turn out nice.

After surgery I asked Jason if there were any grocery stores around and he drive me to a place near Highland hotel. Highland hotel seems to be a good choice for people. I saw the price board with three prices. Standard room, Deluxe room and superior room. The three prices range from 60,000 to 99,000won a night! The lobby is super small though but I think this hotel gets the job done. Jason also said the lady at the front desks is very genuine and good-hearted.
So I bought some fruits, juices, granola cereal, soy milk, and instant soup. I have a lot of fruit and soup left over!

Day 3:
Eyes were abit more swollen and bruised.
The next day I had a 10am appointment. Had LED de-swelling treatment which is just where you lie on the bed and they shine this bright orange light on your face as shown on their website. But I never got any facials like shown on the website, maybe it's for bigger surgeries I don't know. Went to see Dr Anh for checkup, he said everything was good. Jacob said I could go for the LED treatment everyday if I wanted to. I just need to tell Jason and he arranges all the appointments and drives me back and forth from hotel every time.

Day 4: Eyes still swollen and bruised.

(more on next post...)

(Continue from previous post)

Day 5: Swelling decreased and bruising decreased. Went to visit the famous skin clinic Maylin with Jason and another one of his client who is also in the August kakaotalk group! If I had brought enough cash I would probably do one treatment but sadly I didn't. They are expensive though but they have a very good reputation. They suggested a medical grade facial which was 400,000 per session. And 1,000,000 per laser treatment to treat my redness which the Doc said was severe. My face gets red from emotional cues like being embarrassed, spicy food, and weather conditions like very cold or very hot. I was with Jason's two other clients and even with the three of us there were no group discounts and there were no package discounts. Prices were already set per session. They have a Korean-Chinese translator.
Then went off in my own to go to Juno Hair. Had perm, hair care treatment, & coloured my long hair. They are also very pricy. Stylist spike minimal English, so google translate did most of the communicating!

Day 6: (Today) post-op day 4!
Swelling decreased and bruising dramatically decreased.
Went to get a facial near my hotel at Whoo Palace Spa for 110,000. I went there previously to make a reservation because they don't take walk ins. A very very nice spa place and very good! Their website doesn't have English but if you visit them, their brochure menu has English on it. They have a little desk area where a consultant will discuss if your chosen treatment is suitable for you. They do facials and several different kinds of massages and body pampering!
Then Jason came to my hotel to pick me up to go back to JW for LED treatment. Went to buy some facial masks nearby. Saw some street food that sold BBQ chicken kebabs! Wanted to try it and Jason bought me one! It was yummy!

Tomorrow: will go back to JW for my last LED treatment and see Dr Anh for a final time.
Changed my flight to leave 2 days earlier as I don't have stitches to pull out. So will be leaving tomorrow night

I didnt get any SIM card or rent a wifi egg. Other people in my kakaotalk group said there's wifi everywhere which is true. Free wifi is most cafeteria and there are cafes everywhere! Food is very cheap compared to America. A McDonald meal is $5!
It is definitely ideal to join the kakaotalk group atleast a month before your visit. For me I decided to start a group for people going in August and the group just expanded a lot! It made me feel so good to have other people who are going through the same thing with me =)
I highly recommend Anita/Jason and Yoon!

Also, have google translate ready and the Korean Keyboard on your phone. It is surprisingly easy to type Korea as you just type in the different parts of the words and it makes the word out. So you can translate words on a menu or something. Google translate was my main tool for communicating as almost everyone do not speak adequate English.

Please don't ask me for B&A pictures.
Pm me for any questions =)

Hi,
I'm considering zygoma reduction, sliding genioplasty and possibly v-line. I've narrowed down my choice to Pitangui, EverM, Banobagi and Regen.
Which clinic is best suited for me?