BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Okay ^^ thank you for the reply, that makes me feel a little better... :smile:

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's my concern too :sad: I heard he was only sick though?? Where did you hear he quit? Teium is also one of my top choices.. But so is Banobagi and they seem pretty good for natural results too. Are you in korea now? Update us when you make a decision! :smile:

Interesting from the EverM website and from a few that posted on this board, EverM seems to produce very noticible results.

Where did you hear this? My notes say nothing about this~ only that the clinic's websites are under construction and that they're also constructing an English website in a different address (right now they just own the domain but there's nothing there except "website under construction") So if they're putting up a new English website it doesn't seem like they're quitting? Correct me if I'm wrong though :smile:

Ps. calliejung I don't know if you read my earlier post but the website says "this website is being revamped, if you want to reach us in the mean time please call this number: ... and this for reservations/consultation:

(the normal numbers for Teium)

I saw people mention it on a thread and also on Teiums facebook page. I really do hope the website is up sooon. I want to see it!! They're too good to close down haha. Fingers crossedd!

Yeah I read the word 'renewal' in hangul so I got hopeful haha but I wonder how long it will take to get the website back up

Oh that's sad :o I hope not... But oh well! It's not like it's the only place for eye surgery so I'm not too worried. Still! Rather have the old clinics around and know exactly what you get with them than have a bunch of new ones pop up and have no idea if they're any good... By the way my notes have really helped me but they also complicate things! :biggrin: I was pretty set on one clinic for a certain surgery but now I found a clinic that's old and known but not really to foreigners and they're b&a looked great and totally not photoshopped and now i'm thinking of looking into that... so annoying! I was already feeling certain about my choice and now I'm like... "nah, I'll check this clinic out first" xD But hey maybe that's a good thing, maybe they'll end up being better... you never know! ^^ has this happened to you yet?

ps. write the off-topic here... :biggrin:

Ooh do you mind sharing the name of that clinic? And yeah it's happened to me heaps! haha I keep changing my mind. I was so set on OzClinic at the start but the more research I do and the more choices I discover, the less decided I am on a certain clinic and now OzClinic isn't even in my top choices. But I feel Teium is sitting steady on my list now unlike the rest where I am uncertain of at some point. Maybe because there's so much information on the doctor himself and he's had so much experience on just eyes alone. Seems I'd be in safe hands if I went with him so I really do hope he'll be working when i go to Korea!

P.S. No, I can't do visitor messages either ahaha. i think I will be able to in a couple of days time. I think you only get PM privileges after 5 days after your join date. I'll PM you then ^^

Haha ok so about Grand, have you heard any bad experiences from them? I want to know your opinion on the clinic in general, not the adhesion method since you said they're money grubbing haha xD (though that was a valid point too!) So do you think they're fine as a place to go to for DES if you get the other methods? I was worried cos I thought they had botched up eyelid surgeries and stuff haha :x

From what I've heard, you shouldn't trust them with complicated surgeries like bone shaving, high chance that they'll be botched but that's the same with all the big "multispecialty" clinics, it's not profitable to hire "the best of the best" in every area, that's why clinics usually specialize in one or two things ^^ And no one surgeon can be an expert in all areas and if such a super human existed s/he wouldn't be working for any clinic... I think s/he'd have their own practice and do whatever they wanted haha xD and leave the rest of the mortal surgeons to his/her shadow~

Post-op days for my rhinoplasty and fat grafting done at Regen 4 days ago.

Day 1: My nose felt really stuffy and congested and my throat was constantly dry from breathing through it. Whenever I drank water or ate or even swallowed, I had to alternate between those activities and breathing. I could wear my contacts again in the morning. My thighs ached. At times, I could feel some liquid running out of my nose (sometimes blood, sometimes clear) but there was gauze taped under my nostrils to catch all of that 'dripping' so it wasn't a big problem. I removed that gauze sometime in the afternoon so I could start applying the prescribed ointment on the stitches outside my nose. Although the whole nose was taped down with a splint and everything, you could lift up a bit of the tape between the nostrils to apply the ointment with a cotton bud. I also took the opportunity to clean out some of the dried blood I could see at the entrance of the nostrils with cotton buds and saline solution. I took my medicine 3 times a day, always after eating something solid, drank the pumpkin juice (it's quite nice, a little bit sweet) every morning and night. I couldn't open my mouth as wide as I could before - there is some discomfort because of the fat grafting in the chin and near the nose, nor could I move my forehead (e.g. raise my eyebrows). There wasn't any pain, just a bit of tightness and resistance. There was a little bit of swelling around my nose and under my eyes but it wasn't too bad, I used an icepack for about 10min before I went to bed. Slept with my head propped up again.

Day 2: My face felt heavier than it did the day before. When I looked in the mirror, my eyes were quite puffy and red, and continued to swell during the day. I used an icepack every few hours for 10-20min (until they weren't cold anymore) and the swelling would go down, but swell up again a few hours later. There was some light bruising under my eyes and on my eyelids. I could chew a bit better today, opened my mouth a little more, sometimes still tight and uncomfortable (e.g. opening mouth to brush my teeth) but no pain. However, the dull pain in my thighs was more persistant - every time I moved them (e.g. standing up, sitting down, bending, crossing my legs etc) there was some aching all along the thigh but not unbearable. It just feels like someone pressing on a fresh bruise, which is what it was, since on both thighs there were massive bruises along the outer side of the thigh (~20cm in length). There weren't very dark - more light brown/reddish with splotches of grey but because of the size, it seemed quite prominent (esp. on fairer skin).

I also went in to visit Regen for a check up to remove the sponges/gauzes packed into my nose and to dress the stitches on my thighs and met my translator there. Firstly, the nurse had to remove the gauze tape on my forehead from fat grafting. It kinda feels like waxing (which I'm used to) so it wasn't that painful for me, but more slowly.. instead of just ripping it all off in one go, you could feel it coming off little by little and I did feel some of my hair along the temples of my forehead being pulled off too lol. When they remove all the cotton inside your nose, it's similar to the feeling of eating a wad of wasabi. It's not exactly 'painful' but your eyes get watery and your nose feels VERY sensitive and tingly. She then cleaned inside my nose with some liquid (disinfectant, presumably) which once again, made me nose feel quite sensitive, and said that there wasn't any bleeding so that was a good sign. Being able to breathe through my nose again felt sooooooooo incredibly good! She also gave me an antibiotic shot in my arm and said that sometimes patients may feel a bit nauseated or have an upset stomach after the shot but that was perfectly normal. She proceeded to unwrap the bandages on my thighs and dressed the stitches and applied waterproof tape over them so that I could shower (cannot bathe or submerge yourself in water until the stitches come out). I asked her about the bruising on my thigh and she said it was all okay and normal. After that, I was all done and she said that my nose may still be runny sometimes and that if I bend over, blood may come out but it shouldn't be too serious. If blood rushes out nonstop, I would have to call them immediately. By this time, my stomach did feel a little bit queasy from the antibiotic shot but I didn't feel like throwing up or anything. The nurse wrote the next appointment for me, which was for the 1 week mark to have all my stitches removed and told me I was good to go.

I asked my translator if I could go to the 3rd floor (lobby) to get a free drink and he said sure. Upon arriving, I saw my consultant from before and she saw me and made these sympathetic noises and laughed while giving me a (very awkward) one armed hug, patting my back, and my translator told me that the consultant thought I looked cute with all the swelling and puffy eyes. She told me to just keep using the ice packs and walking and the swelling will only be there for the first 3-5days max. After having my drink, my translator and I parted ways and I went back to my hotel.

Cont. next post

Day 3: When I woke up, my swelling had gone down a lot. Day 2 was the worst day for me with all the swelling and making my eyes feel like slits. Today was so much better - my eyelids were more red and bruised looking but I could see my double folds again and I didn't have any trouble putting on my contact lenses. There only swelling that I could see was along my jaw and lower cheeks. I did some icepacking and I felt pretty good. My thighs still hurt when I put pressure on the bruises but I guess I've grown used to that so it didn't really bother me. The bruises were darker and more purpley-grey (a good sign) but they didn't seem to 'spread' anymore. I felt like I could do everything that I did pre-op except wash my face.

I had my hair washed at one of the local hairdressers near my hotel. My translator had written me a note along the lines of telling them to be careful not to get my face wet and to be gentle which I showed to the hairdresser and she nodded. It costed 10,000won to get my hair washed and dried (not styling, just blow drying) which was perfect. I asked around several hair salons and they quoted me 20,000-25,000won just for a hair wash. When I mentioned this to my translator before, she said that most places only charged around 10,000-15,000, unless it was a fancy high-end/middle class place (e.g. in Gangnam). Where I was residing, it shouldn't cost that much so I kept walking and asking around until I found that salon which did it for 10,000won. It wasn't a really nice or fancy place, her children were actually running around and screaming for a bit while she was washing my hair, but she got the job done and while she wasn't as gentle as I'd hope, she did get all the gel out of my hair from the day of the surgery (since I had bangs and a few flyaways, they gelled it all away from my face) and my hair felt super soft and clean afterwards. I plan to go back to that salon in a couple of days to get my hair washed again (since I can't wash it myself given the risk of wetting my nose).

By nightfall, my eyes had pretty much returned to normal (albeit reddish and bruised) and I only applied icepacks along my jaw. I didn't even cover my face with a mask when I went out like post-op Day 1&2, I wanted to keep breathing through my nose without any of that stuffy feeling.

Day 4: Like Day 3, I feel right as rain. I didn't feel tired or weak and my nose hasn't even been running/bleeding since the nurse removed the gauzes out of my nose. I was a bit sniffly at first but nothing came out. I do get somewhat restless if I sat down for too long without standing or moving (2hrs+), there is a slight numbing feeling on my thighs, but when I stand and shake it off, there isn't any problems. Once again, there's the bruising feeling but I'm used to it. I've pretty much stopped icepacking altogether and prefer to go out for walks. The bruising under my eyes have faded to a pale yellow but there is still some light red/purple bruising on my eyelid (can only really tell from up close though).

Results so far: I quite like my fat grafting. There is a definite improvement on the length of my chin in the profile view but it's not sharp or pointy (I didn't want that, so I'm happy with this result). My cheeks are naturally quite squishy so in terms of the fat injected in that area between my nose and cheeks, I can't really say for sure. My forehead, on the other hand, looks quite full and ... bouncy? I do believe they over-injected the fat to counter some of the reabsorption so once that settles down, I think overall no one will be able to tell I did anything on my face but atm it does still look a bit full and squishy (and there's still residual swelling along my jaw). For my nose, I can tell that they did indeed raise the bridge and from the bottom view, my nose does look a bit taller and more 'pointy' but from the front view with the splint and the tape, I can't really tell. I will provide another review once they remove the splint and the stitches at the 1 week mark when I can see my whole face :smile:. Overall, I have no complaints thus far.

Thanks for sharing! ^_^ a few questions (I forgot if I read anything about your nosejob before so bear with me~ ) 1) was this your first rhino? 2) is/was your (original) nose asian, caucasian, or something in between? 3) what exactly did you have done (implant apparently since you didn't mention cartilage, did they also shave your bone?) and 4) how much did it end up costing you @ regen? ^^

1. Yes, it was my very first surgery ever (cosmetic or medical).

2. My original nose was a typical flat asian nose but I also had a slight hump along the bridge in the profile view.

3. Rhinoplasty - shaved hump, implant on top, septal cartilage to build a tip.
Fat grafting - fat harvested from thighs, injected into chin, area between the cheeks and the nose and the forehead.

4. 6,600,000 won

I did mention all of this in my posts before but I know it's a bit daunting reading through all of it xD

Oh your very first surgery of any kind ever? wow ^^ I'm really glad it went well! ^_^ and yeah I've been reading so many posts from so many people and like... 50+ pages of this thread so really can't remember everything xD
and hm, the price doesn't sound too bad especially considering it's Regen! :smile: I haven't heard any bad experiences with noses from Regen so far... I still don't know where to get my nose done. I might even consider Regen for that ^^ Reading experiences like that doesn't make it seem like a bad choice~ though I'll keep my eyes open!

Quick question: How much fat do they take? XD Do you get to see it? Just wondering because what if a really skinny person wants to do a fat graft.. and there's not enough to use :huh:"