BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Hello-
I wanted to share my experience with all of you because I have found this blog to be quite helpful in my own research.

I am post-op day 5 on rhinoplasty, bridge augmentation, osteotomy for septal deviation, and tiplasty with septal cartilage. I am a male and this was my first surgery. I did my surgery with Dr. Hwang at Hyundai Medical Aesthetic clinic.

1. Hyundai: very nice and clean clinic. Same building as Pitangui. The consultant spoke some English, but I had my own translator. I hired Anita's service and my translators, Yoon and Jason, have been the best people to work with. Dr. Hwang was very professional and patient. He immediately made me feel comfortable and asked me what I wanted. He also touched my face and nose (some doctors did not do this). The consultant and staff also made me feel very welcomed. They asked about me, my goals for surgery, and assured me that Dr. Hwang was the best in the business. My translator also said that Dr. Hwang was one of the best for rhinoplasty. He used to work at ID, Regen, and BK before opening up his own clinic. There are 3 other doctors in the clinic as well. Dr. Hwang has lots of experience with male rhino, which was an important aspect for me as male and female noses are different aesthetics. *there was a famous Thai actor getting surgery done the same day I was there :smile:

2. Rex: this was my second choice clinic. Dr. Chung spoke English very well. We didn't even need the interpreters. He was a nice man and said he would deliver what I wanted. I did not like the consultant though. She kept trying to upsell me on other procedures and even told me that I looked old for my age! LOL. Rex is a small clinic with only one doctor.

3. JW: this clinic was quite busy. The staff were all running around looking flustered. There were a lot of people in the waiting room as well. The staff looked very pretty and natural. This is the aethestic of JW, "natural beauty". I consulted with Dr. Sung Hoon. Very nice man. He spoke English. He told me I didn't need osteotomy for my septal deviation, which he was the only one to say so. Even doctors I've consulted in America said I needed osteotomy. Dr. Hoon also mentioned that he would make my nose look "natural". I wanted a high bridge and he said no. I was also unsure of his experience with male noses as most of his pictures were of female noses. This was the only clinic that took photos of my nose.

4. Pitangui: this was a very fancy clinic. There was a white grand piano in the lobby! The consultant spoke English, but the doctor did not. I consulted with Dr. Cho. Maybe he was tired, but he did not seem interested in what I had to say. He told me what he would do for me and that was it. He never even touched my face. The consultant said that he was very good at noses, but I just didn't get a good feeling from him. The clinic is very pretty though and the staff were really nice.

5. Jewelry: I did not choose this clinic. My translator thought that I should check them out because they were supposedly good with noses. Upon entering, I immediately noticed that all the staff looked alike: big eyes, big foreheads, slim noses, v-line faces, and super skinny. It was like they came out of a factory. They also seem to not be able to smile. I thought that was pretty funny. The consultant made me wait almost 40mins after my appointment time before I could speak with the doctor. Apparently he was "busy". I consulted with Dr. Park. He seemed very nervous throughout the interview. He was fidgety and sweating. He also wanted to use ear cartilage and not septal. Even after I told him that I did not want to do ear cartilage, he said that he only uses ear cartilage. After that I decided to cross Jewelry off my list. However, if you like the "Gangnam" style look, then Jewelry is the place for you. Even though they looked alike, the staff were very pretty.

So far I'm pretty happy with my surgery. I'm still a bit swollen and bruised around the eyes and cheeks, but it's getting better. The prices for my type of rhino ranged from 4mil to 7mil. I paid with credit card so my costs were 10% higher than normal as well. I prefer to pay in credit card because I get mileage points for using it. (so i get more than 10% back in airfare anyway)

My advice would be to come to Seoul and visit the clinics and doctors. Do your research, know what you want, and take the advice from other forumers with a grain of salt. Everyone has their own needs and wants and not every clinic will appeal to you in the same way. I hope this helps some of you in your surgery journeys. Good luck!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I'm in seoul now and I just had epi done at Regen.

Im staying at a hotel now but it's quite exxy and I am thinking of moving to a hostel or guesthouse in the next few days. Have any of you guys stayed at a hostel or guesthouse?

If anyone else is in seoul over the next week please let me know. I'm by myself and getting a bit sick of my hotel room!

Hi milyway,

Yes, they do. I had revision rhino there. I'm 9 days post operation and I seriously love my results. The 7th day when Dr. Chung took off the splint and tape, I was still very swollen, my cheeks and my nose mainly. The 8th day, my nose was more define, and today even more so. The only thing still swollen is the tip. No one can tell but my husband and I can. I've been debating and hesitant about posting up my picture, I'm a pretty private person and dont like putting myself out there. But I'm really satisfied with my procedure. I can't imagine it could get better than it already is. I did take pictures of REX's before and after pics to post for people, but the glare makes the picture not clear... anyway, didnt mean to get carried away lol.

Oh I failed to mention Dr. chung did great on my eyes as well. I plan on coming back with my friend who will have her eyes done there and I plan on getting augmentations with him as well.

Hello there!!!
I'm interested in going to regen too.
How is Regen like in your opinion?
Do you think that the rhinoplasty there is good? Are there lots of locals? Heard regen is popular with a lot of celebrities.
Let me know if you are going to regen!

Hey!

Wow may I know why u picked regen?
I am interested in having my rhinoplasty done at regen. :smile: What do you think of the noses there? And how's the overall experience for you at regen?

Wishing you all the best for your recovery!!

Hey,

I picked Regen because its very clean, professional and I have heard good things about it. They are a full service and seemed quite good in providing advice. I was going to get double eyelid surgery but the consultant said that I didn't need it and said that epi should be enough - I have a double eyelid already but I wanted it to be a bit bigger and more deep set at first.

I'm recovering quite well actually, just a little bit of swelling but it's not that noticeable to be honest.

The English translator was ultra sweet but the doctor seemed very pressed for time and wasn't as thorough as what I had liked but I think I'm happy with the results. He understood that I wanted it to look natural yet bigger.

They give you a goody bag with pumpkin juice and eyegel packs. I'm seeing them for a check up and then getting stitches removed later in the week.

If you're getting your nose done too you might want to check who is the best at it and what type they tend to do. Each doctor seems to have a 'type' they do - like my doctor tends to do eyes into a certain shape well and I'm guessing that may apply to surgeons who do nose jobs.

Also, the girls who were waiting for check ups etc who have had stuff done looked pretty good which also influenced my decision. If you're in a waiting area and you see girls with bad nose jobs, it might be a bad sign.

Hope you're going well with researching! It took me ages to read through all the forums and have the guts to settle on which clinics to see - especially given that my first choice tieum is now shut :sad:

Hi littlebadbaby

As I mentioned Regen is famous for their skin treatment, so I don't think I will go there for any plastic surgery procedure.... But again it is your own choice if you wanna go there, do check the qualification and experience of the doctor you consult. Good luck ^^

For aptos thread lift I know price is from 2.5million won to 4.5million won, but also have seen advertisement as low as 1.5million for 12 threads. Anything more then that I think is crazy.

thanks for d reply!
btw what skin treatment did u do? :smile:
Are u a korean?

Anyway, it is normal that clinic give out free facial treatment if you did your plastic surgery there, so maybe you can demand some free treatment when you go back for after care, and also all proper plastic surgery clinic be it big or small will provide free after care, example like vitamin drip, de swell injection, so do check it out before you commit.

Hi Twinnie, Im looking to get my eyes done(cantho+double eyelid) in Korea this oct. I just joined this forum so I don't think you can PM me. Is it possible for you to email me more info on ur clinic and dr? Thank you so much. my email is: [email protected]