BeautyHacker

How old were you..

I'm 18 and I will get an orthognathic surgery (not sure which one yet) in August. I think I will try those V-line pads things before deciding whether I should mess with my jawline or a simpler buccal fat pad removal would be good.

alicelin1990, is that you in the avatar? You look so pretty!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
I just had my septoplasty 10 days ago with a little extra work to get more symmetry. I'm 25.

If you don't mind me asking, what condition do you have that requires ortho surgery? I am seeing an orthodontist and periodontist who want me to have a procedure done that sounds terrible. I'm not sure if I want to do it yet.

The FDA approved Restylane for use in patients 21 years of age or older. Injection in younger patients would be considered an off label use. Some physicians adhere to the guidelines more stringently than others. I would recommend that you see at least two dermatologists/plastic surgeons in consultation to determine whether this treatment is right for you.

28 (last year), eyelid surgery and rhinoplasty/septoplasty. I did the eyelid for fat removal, though, not really double eyelid surgery (I still don't have visible double eyelids). My eyes were fugly at the time; thick, puffy droopy and hooded as if I were 78 instead of 28. Unfortunately I may have to get a revision soon because I gained a lot of weight last winter and my entire face is fat again. I may get liposuction under my chin this time as well.

18. Non-incisional double eyelid and rhinoplasty (nose bridge augmentation with I-shaped silicone, tip-plasty and alar reduction)

Never really thought about having plastic surgery until 2 years ago and I still can't believe I really did it.. Great decision though! My nose was short and flat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
15 -had my ears pinned. This might sound young to americans i think, but where im from (the netherlands), you can get a note from your family doctor and he/she will redirect you to the hospital to get it fixed, its all covered by insurance.