BeautyHacker

Has anybody tried Pitangui?

sometimes i really wonder why BK, Grand, ID, Item, Teium and the rest are always mentioned here. i think we know why.haha! anyways, i wanna look for those clinics which are well-known among local koreans or clinics with good surgeons. i heard ChungDam U is pretty well known among local koreans but i'm not sure.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhuh. That's why word of mouth isn't as reliable. There are hundreds of clinics in Korea and I'd say that they are all "popular." We just need to choose among those who we feel can do the best job.

Had my consultation yesterday and while it was good, Nicole's behaviour was a little off-putting. She assumed my boyfriend is an interpreter/translator who I hired and disregarded him throughout our visit. Later on, she led me to the doctor without my bf and explicitly told him to stay in the other room with a consultant. She quietly asked me afterwards if he is an interpreter I hired in a hushed tone. I was pretty put off by that strange behaviour. My bf wasn't happy about it either. Because I was take aback at the abrupt change, consultation with Dr Yoo only lasted 5 minutes. I was expecting my bf to be there to explain everything in Korean to the doctor. Definitely gave me a bad impression and made me felt uncomfortable/insecure.

I'll give them the benefit of doubt and attribute it to miscommunication and misunderstanding. However, that behaviour is still unprofessional.

Besides that, consultant is a very nice lady and not pushy. Dr Yoo was kind but didn't really touch my facial features, which was pretty strange. The place looks great and the price is good. 5million won for double eyelid, epicantho, rhinoplasty, tip-plasty and alar reduction.

I believe maybe they have to pay translator commission so maybe when you book the consultation she thought that you are a "direct" customer.... She seems really nice in the email corresponding. Unbelievable that she will behave this way just because she thought your bf is a translator. Is the doc well spoken in English?

JW emailed me telling me that all slots for Dr Suh are taken up (even my slot that I have repeatedly confirmed with her for 22nd apr)!!!! She asked me to consult with a newly joined Dr called Dr Kang. Do you guys think I should just go for the consultation with Dr Kang or just forget about JW? Quite upset about the packed schedule they have

That's strange. I can't speak on her behalf because my consultation was great and my mom was with me all the way. Did you tell them that he was your boyfriend?

Translator commission vs direct client? I've read this in the main thread but there really isn't any way to confirm if such practice does exist, unless the translator you hire is honest enough to tell you that.

Dr. Yoo does know how to speak english but Nicole is better. I think that's why she does the translations to make it easier for them. I think he knows Portugese as well since he trained in Brazil.

I think both ID and Teuim don't have "Pages" account on FB, unlike BK, Pitangui, Grand, etc. But I found Dr. Park and Dr. Kwon individual FB accounts, representing ID Hospital and Teuim, respectively.

http://www.facebook.com/idhospital
http://www.facebook.com/teuim.drkwon

Personally, I'm interested in ID (for 2 jaw surgery) and Teuim (for magic epi). Pitangui also seems a good option for its Dental Care and Skin Care Center, but not sure about its Plastic Center.

Since there are so many clinics in Seoul (very confusing, sigh...), I need to do more and more research to find out the best ones for me. Hopefully I'll be able to go there within next year.

Sorry I just found out ID's FB page. It's in Korean so I can't read the content. It seems they're quite popular among locals, have more likes than Pitangui.

I've added the url to your list below.

Item, Regen and VIP don't have FB page.
Teuim has Dr. Kwon personal acc. only.

Thanks for your info. I noticed the last post was in Jan 2013, so I think it's not yet abandoned. Teuim is relatively small, unlike BK, Grand, ID, Banobagi, Pitangui, etc., so it might not have a dedicated staff to manage social media account.

Theoretically, a general plastic surgeon can do all kind of plastic surgeries. But to achieve best result (with minimum risk for sure), we need to go to a highly specialized surgeon who specifically does eye surgeries (for example) and nothing else. The same applies for rhinoplasty, maxillofacial surgery, craniofacial surgery and so on.

I personally have never done all these procedures yet, but in my opinion, I'll choose ID for two-jaw surgery; definitely not for nose jobs or epi. Teuim should be great for eyes, not for other procedures. As for nose jobs, I'm interested in Fresh Rhinoplasty & ENT clinic. Btw, have you ever heard about this Fresh clinic?

According to Teuim, their magic epi technique would leave no scar on the inner corner of the eyes, unlike conventional epi. I think there are some differences from the B/A pics of magic epi, but not so dramatic due to Dr. Kwon's natural eye approach.

Added url of Teuim page on FB. Thanks to ms.rochelle for the info.

That really is upsetting, but they may not have read your message in time since they do take a while to respond.

If you ask me, I think that I'll still pursue with the consultation to see how they operate from the inside because online consultants can just be working at home, from what I hear, and may not even be physically connected with the clinic at all. Plus, even if he's a new doctor, he'll still be representing the clinic as a whole and would definitely have a some standard protocol to follow.

My friend has had jaw surgery with them and I think that there are a few here who have had consultations with them like kianpark, but I don't think that they have had their surgeries yet.

This is great! If anyone else has information about clinics and/or their respective doctors, please do tell.

Yes, some translators do ask commissions from clinics whenever a deal is made. That's why most translators have inside contacts with numerous clinics to make sure that they can quickly suggest another clinic if the first one doesn't push through.