BeautyHacker

Has anybody tried Pitangui?

Oh wow! And I thought that I needed to take some crash course on programming. I have researched on blogspot and wordpress and it looks as simple as posting on facebook. Neat! Looks like I'll be having a new hobby instead of scrapbooking.:yahoo:

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally doing a write up of my experience since I'm at the two week point! To start I had incisional on both eyes and ptosis correction in one eye to correct heavy lids and uneven eyes and I am Caucasian.

Surgery Day:
Arrived early in the morning, not too nervous thankfully. Paid for the procedure and went to the surgery floor. Nicole lead me to my post-op room and had me change (for eyes you can keep your bottoms on) then to the bathroom where I washed my face and off to the operation room. Nothing too much to say about that, very clean, 3 nurses assisted in the beginning. I never felt pain! They gave me a little bit of anesthesia through my arm before they did the local which I was happy about because I've heard local can be quite painful and cause a lot of bruising if you move.

Throughout the surgery Dr. Yoo asked me to open and close my eyes maybe 10-15 times and had me sit up twice to check how they looked. If I ever moved or fluttered my eyes he would ask if I was feeling any pain (feels weird when the string runs across your face :P). After I felt completely fine, they walked me to my room where I lied down for about an hour and held a cold eye mask on for a half an hour. I was then free to go! Just popped on my sunglasses and took the subway home!

Day 2-5:
No pain! Eyes looked completely messed up but not nearly as bad as I expected. Stopped by the clinic for a cleaning and to disinfect the wounds, took about 5 minutes. Day 3 same, yellow bruising appeared by was gone by day 4. The bulk of the swelling went down on day 5, I made sure to eat very minimal amounts of salt/sleep upright/etc (might as well help it heal as quick as possible). On day 5 went to the clinic to have the stitches removed; super quick, again no pain, briefly consulted with Dr.Yoo and was told I could start washing my face the next day. Woo hoo!

Day 6-14:
Since I received ptosis correction in only one eye they looked quite uneven in the beginning but they have been evening out as the swelling goes down (still a little off but I'm not too worried, not even noticeable beyond zoomed in pictures). The ptosis correction also pulled my eyelashes up but the lash line is starting to calm down. There is a little dent when I look down because the sutures have not fully dissolved (I'll only start to worry if it's there in a another couple of weeks :biggrin:)

On to part 2------>

Part 2: Pictures!

I put together a little mix of days. Ptosis correction side is on the left obviously but most of my swelling is actually on the right eye as you can see looking down but it varies day by day. The incision line is very clean and smooth, Dr. Yoo cut into my natural double fold and removed excess skin from above.

I mentioned the eyelash and dent in part 1, again not very worried everything is evening out day by day and the dent is slowly fading away :smile:

Feel free to ask any questions. I'll post a 3 week update/make up in a week!

It seems that this clinic is really good! :smile:
I'm seriously considering the idea of ​​going there!
Unfortunately, the question remains, as with the other clinics I had a very bad communication...I wanted to know more, for example, of Regen...

They gave me tiny packs of about four or five pills to take twice a day for about 5 days. I really have no idea what type of pills they were but I think I recall the nurse mentioning they were to prevent infection. My eyes are still pretty swollen, especially in the mornings..for some reason you can't really tell they're swollen in pictures.

It's been about four weeks since I had my surgery and my friends all tell me that if I hadn't told them about the surgery, they wouldn't have noticed..so I'm taking that as a good sign! :smile:

Thanks! I would always worry that my eye would suddenly become triple so now that I've had my revision I feel a lot more relaxed:biggrin: I definitely don't regret my decision to get them redone!

Your eyes are healing really nicely and they look great!!! So jealous of your eyelashes :P

I suggest you book a consultation with the clinics you're interested in anyway. I didn't have a great communication with JW through email but walked in by chance and found out they were perfect for me. Keep your options open.

Hi, this is my first time posting although I've been following this thread for awhile.
I did non-incision double eyelid surgery 2 yrs ago, but it has become loose, so I'm planning to do a revision surgery in Korea, with ptosis correction on my left eye and epicanthoplasty (if needed).

I've written to Pitangui, Teium, Banobagi, OZ, JW, IOU and have short-listed 3 (Pitangui, Teium and JW). My (and my mum's) first choice is Pitangui, mainly because Pitangui (Nicole) has been the most informative and also their prices are pretty reasonable.

Can anyone advise if it's feasible to arrange 3 consultations + surgery within the same day? I would like to have more than one opinion for comparison, but am worried that I won't have the time to do so, taking into account travel & waiting time. Any idea how much time should I allocate for each consultation?

Thanks!

I have written to various clinics: Banobagi, JW, ID, Regen, Teuim, IOU and Pitangui.

After having some excluded for various reasons (ID and Teuim), they were 5.

-The first that I wrote was Banobagi, I was very impressed by the techniques described by them and I was determined to go in their clinic, but unfortunately the communications were unsatisfactory, and I am not come to a conclusion, although I continued to send email.

-JW was fairly quick to respond, answered all the questions, but in a very short (perhaps due to language problems).

-I would have loved to have a correspondence with Regen, I've read great things about them, but they never answered me.

-IOU was highly recommended to me for the great experience of the surgeon on western eyes.

-Pitangui was among all the fastest and most accurate answer. I explained all my doubts and they responded in a very precise way, even if I, as a profane, I still can not understand some things about surgical techniques.

The only decision that "I would have" taken, concerns the clinic where I'm supposed to have eye surgery.

Since I do not have much choice, I opted for the only one which I've heard positive opinions also for western eyes (IOU). I would not make a mistake just because in this field the choice is quite limited.

Hi Lacryssa, may I know which motel did you stay in?

I stayed at M1 motel (also goes by the name M2) for 6 days and l liked it!

Heated flooring and breakfast around 9am every morning (FOC, or included but it's still only $45 per night for standard double).

Breakfast includes 2 cups of black coffee, 2 cans of Jeju tangerine juice, 4 packs of Korean crackers/biscuits/snacks and 4 slices of toast with multiple strawberry jam packs. My boyfriend and I never managed to finish everything each time since we eat lightly in the morning.

It's a 10-minute walk from the nearest station. I booked it from Agoda. Hope this helped!

I'm from JB too! Anyway, to answer your question.. Yes, it's definitely possible to fit 3 consultations into one day. I did 4 myself and probably could have done 5 if I didn't go with the last clinic I consulted.

It would be just nice to allocate 1 and a half hours to 2 hours for each consultation, considering the travelling and waiting time.

I went for (in order):
Pitangui 10am
Oz 12noon
Grand 2pm
JW 4.30pm

Most clinics close at 7pm so you can try walking in to some other clinics after your scheduled consultations if you have the time. Since you're a foreigner, they would try to arrange for your surgery on the same day if you requested beforehand.

Either having eyelid surgery is less painful than I thought or you just have a high pain threshold. Whatever it is, to have three nurses assist you would be VIP treatment in some clinics. Every time I read something like this, I always laugh at the thought of walking away a few hours later as if nothing happened. Talk about medical advancements!

There definitely is a huge difference! But to be honest, the first thing I noticed was the color of your eyes. Gorgeous! The dent is really visible, how long did they say it will last?