BeautyHacker

Has anybody tried Pitangui?

She got everything done at Wonjin. I really like her after pictures.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grr my notifications aren't working.

I know!! She did everything at Wonjin. I asked her on Naver. Do you have an account there? Let me go look for her username on there.

The site is in Korean and Google translate doesn't help any much. :sad: Unless you know someone who speaks Korean to translate it for you.

Really? On Naver? So she does not have an account here? I have no intentions of offending you and I definitely appreciate the photos you have posted, but wouldn't that be an invasion of privacy? I mean, she sent you those pictures via your messages and you posted it here on a completely different forum. Unless of course, those photos were used by Wonjin on their website.

Speaking of Naver, I am assuming that she is Korean. Does she know how to speak English? Can you ask her if we could exchange messages as well?

Thanks

She posted a blog on Naver, which is public. She messaged me where she got the surgeries privately.

I see. That's good then. Does she speak english? Maybe you can paste her address here as well since most of us can't read Korean. Thanks!

Some people asked about my price quote. Yes, I didn't look up the currency calculator, but the total treatment would be nearly 10K!! All the other clinics quoted 3.5-5K, with JW being the second highest at 6K.

I will copy and paste exactly what they wrote:

[FONT=gulim, sans-serif]Nasal bone reduction[/FONT]
[FONT=gulim, sans-serif]If you are interested in nasal bone reduction, wide nasal bone will be narrowed by bone fracture. Each side of nasal bone will be fractured and gathered together in the center so that the nose bridge will look slimmer. The downtime for this procedure is 7-10 days as bone fracture is occured. The approximate price is from 2,500,000 KRW (2,400 USD) to 3,100,000 KRW (3000 USD). This surgery will be under general anesthesia as bone fracture is involved.[/FONT]

[FONT=gulim, sans-serif]Nose Bridge Augmentation + Nose tiplasty[/FONT]
[FONT=gulim, sans-serif]
We use a silicone implant to place on top of the nasal bridge. The incision will be made inside of one of the nostrils so that there is no visible scar on the face. The open incision is made right under columella so there will be a scar on the face. Therefore, we prefer the close incision for aesthetic purpose. Usually, nose tiplasty is performed along with the nasal bridge augmentation. Due to the close incision, we will harvest some of ear cartilage and place it on top of nose bridge for defining purposes. For a more natural and perfect nose shape, nasal bridge augmentation and nose tiplasty should be performed together. The downtime for these two procedures is 7 days and the approximate price is from 2,500,000 KRW (2,300 USD) to 3,000,000 KRW (2,800 USD).
Bulbous nose tip correction
There are three options for nose tiplasty. The below procedures are usually performed under sedative anesthesia and the approximate price is from 1,200,000 KRW (1,100 USD) to 1,800,000 KRW (1,700 USD).
(1) Trimming on the nasal tip cartilage: It is suitable for a big nasal tip cartilage. The surgery is performed by making cuts in the upper area.
(2) Gathering of nasal tip cartilage (pinching): It is suitable for a big nasal tip which has a big gap between the cartilages.
(3) Removal of the nasal tip subcutaneous fat: It is suitable for a thick skin nasal tip. Skin and fat will be removed.

Alar base reduction
Alar base reduction is for big nostrils and a wide nasal bone. The surgeon makes wedge-cuts in the sides of the alar. Then, the surgeon sutures them and makes the nostrils and the nasal bone narrow. The sutures (stitches) will be removed on the 7th day after the surgery. The approximate price is from 1,200,000 KRW (1,100 USD) to 1,800,000 KRW (1,700 USD).

[/FONT]

can i see those pics? if u dont mind can u email them to me? because i cant open the pics? thank you.. I'm also interested in wonjin

Sure, PM me your email.

• 2 weeks later...
I went to Pitangui, initially thought to have the surgery , because I didn't know well the other clinics and had not had a good dialogue with them, but then I changed my mind after consulting.

Can you tell us what went wrong? Or why you changed your mind?

I do not know exactly the reason that pushed me to discard them, it was a feeling...have been many feelings felt talking with them...
They pushed me to decide to have the surgery right away, but I insisted on having more time to think.
Pitangui tried to make me place my deposit right after the consultation
Their translator was veeeeery pressing.

If you tell me so, now I'm more relaxed! :amuse:
I also remember that she lowered the price continuously and quickly, at first she said a price, then another one immediately, as a descending auction!
"I can do this price...then a discount...and then a discount..." :cray:
Okay, thank you, I like discounts, but maybe the price was too high at the beginning? :thinking:

They sent me an email a few hours after the consultation to tell me the same thing too! Their translator mentioned they can talk to the doctor and get a better price if I want. If I placed a deposit right after the consultation, it would have been such a waste. They did not budge nor lower the price at all during the consultation itself. So here is a note to forumers who would like to have things done at Pitangui, don't make your deposit straight away. Tell them you would consider again and leave, and try bargaining again by the end of the day through e-mails or phone calls.