BeautyHacker

PS Recovery - Fun or Productive Things to Do While Hiding Out

I'll be having eyelid revision surgery in a couple of weeks. I'll probably be fairly mobile (and able to see :cool:) the next day. Since the first few days post-op are always the worst, I'm pretty sure I'll want to hide out for at least a little while (or longer depending on the results).

I'm wondering how most people who've had PS spent their time in recovery (aside from the continuous ice packs), and if anything made your recovery a bit more fun or bearable. I'll actually be in Seoul for the surgery and a week post-op, but whether I'm hiding out in a hotel or at home would be fairly similar.

I'm definitely downloading some ebooks and adding more music to my playlist. Would love specific recommendations! I'm also thinking of K-dramas and movies/TV shows. If I were home, I'd probably reorganize my closets. So satisfying! :P

Okay, so how did you spend your time? Looking for some new ideas!

You mean something like this? :lolots:

But I always thought laughter was the best medicine. I'd think some light-hearted amusement after surgery would be just what the doctor ordered. I know I'd want some cheering up.

What about if I just did this? :giggles:

Love these emoticons! :biggrin:

I think kain meant this :woot:

Kidding aside, that would depend on what surgery you'll have. Since you'll only be having revision for your eyelids, I think that this should definitely be avoided. :wtf: and this :graucho: ha ha ha this is really getting fun.

I'd just sit in a hot tub, sleep all day, and eat while watching dvds.

That is so hilarious.

Here's what I'm anticipating. After surgery :pokey: , I expect I'll be tired. :sleepy:

Once I'm awake, I'm sure I'll run to a mirror and inspect the handiwork.

Unlike my recovering jaw-contouring friends :ninja: , I won't be covered in bandage but definitely will be pretty swollen. :Push:

So, I'll flip through some light reading :reading:

maybe do a Game of Thrones marathon :couch:

and probably a lot of :snack:

Pretty soon, I'll venture out and explore the city. :coolio:

Not for the hideous lol. The first few days; I'd be a hermit. After that, I'll be hitting the street and yes bargain shopping, sightseeing, and stuffing my face. :P

There are many places to go shopping in Korea. You can check out the scenery without over stressing your body. The best thing to do is just kicking it back for the first few days with a few movies. I remember the day after my first eyelid surgery it was the worst amount of pain. After that it was a breeze. Make sure to bring Tylenol pain or something so you dont have to get it in Korea.

Bugaksan looks like a good place to walk around for nature lovers. Isn't walking supposed to help with recovery since it promotes healing? Plus, we won't be scarring kids like some people here make fun of. But it would be nice to go to Lotte world and walk around the haunted house or house of mirrors if they have one. lol!

Agree. But in the meantime, you can always remake those out into something better if your hotel room has its own kitchen. Like making risotto out of their rice porridge. Or saute a mirepoix (carrots, celery, and onions) in some olive oil until it gets all mushy and add it to your regular pumkin soup. My mom and I make our own precut mixed veggie bag and just toss it in at low flame and add it to whatever we're cooking. Works like a charm. <thanks giada>

I realized the other day that I'll probably do a lot of shopping while I'm in Seoul. Would love some tips on the best places to shop for clothes and bags. (Hello, this is the Purse Forum.) I'm thinking it might be practical to bring a mostly empty luggage bag with me. :idea:

Also, would love recommendations on good hair salons. I'm tempted to get a perm. I have atypical Asian hair in that it's not thick and coarse, but more fine and smooth. Most salons usually keep in the chemicals too long for my hair type. :afrocool:

On second thought, maybe I'll just stick with a haircut.