BeautyHacker

PS Recovery - Fun or Productive Things to Do While Hiding Out

Seoul is a shopping paradise :biggrin: !! I had so many shopping when i was in seoul! Must go places are Express Bus Terminal Underground Shopping Mall (KRW10,000 heaven!!), best place to find cheap and nice fashion and accessories! You should go dongdaemun too - so many fashion malls there! I had great time at Myeong-dong too! shopping district - comestic, fashion, eatery! I like Insandong too - cultural and craft shopping place. You should go see Nanta too if you haven't. But be careful, I had a rubbish bag thrown at me when i was watching the show (lucky no stitches broke !! LOL)

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, I'm a few days along in recovery mode. I'm still pretty bruised but the swelling is not so bad. ;)

Question: how do I access and watch K-dramas here in Korea? Netflix, Hulu and Dramafever don't seem to work in Korea.

Would also appreciate more suggestions about fun activities or shopping tips in Seoul. I've got a few more days left. Gamsamhamnida!

http://www.mjoon.tv/

https://mediahint.com/

Extension for firefox/chrome works

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi guys,
I will arrive in Seoul tomorrow. Scheduled several consultation already. Hopefully I will make my decision and get my surgery done in a couple of days.
I'm very excited. Will you please recommend some good places with great food in Gangnam? I will probably stay in Seoul for 20 days. Thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...
Walking definitely helps with recovery. I started to walk around since about two days ago. Began with only one hour per day, now about 3 hours. There are lots of places to visit. I'm very excited. I don't really like very crowded places that are full of tourists. I do prefer nicer places like the galleria, Hyundai and these boutiques in Apgujeong.
Recommendations for more places like that?

I've been to Itaewon, Insa-dong, Bukchon Hanok Village, Namdaemun Market, Dongdaemun market, Myeong-dong, Royal tombs, Changdeokgung palace, Jongmyo shrine, Lotte department store, around the streets, especially in the evening, I returned to the hotel on foot...:P

Looks like you had a good mix of historical sites and shopping. I visited the sites many years ago so I didn't go this time, but now wish I had. I can't really remember them, and it would have been great to see everything fresh. I've heard the Furniture Museum in Seoul is supposed to be pretty interesting. http://travel.cnn.com/seoul/visit/most-exquisite-museum-seoul-302040

Actually, walking was even suggested by the doctor. It decreases swelling, which helps to show how you're progressing for check-ups. I went for long strolls, enjoying the scenery and people watching. :whistle: It's also a good time to try out some street snacks, like fishcake-on-a-stick.

Besides, strolling about is more fun than staying in and overly focusing on the early stages of recovery. That's like watching plants grow. :girlsigh:

Don't overdo it :olympics: but walking will make you look and feel better.

Still love these emoticons. :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...