BeautyHacker

Where is the Best Clinics in Korea for our ''Revision Asian Eyelid Surgery''?

Everyone should go for non incisional if you can help it, unless it is absolutely not possible for you to get it. Non incisional is so much easier to revise and scarring is like non existent.

That was one of my main regrets..not going for non incisional eyelid surgery then I wouldn't be in as much of a mess that I am in right now.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, a lot of people can't do that if they have too much fat in their eyes. I lost my crease even with incisional!

Scarring can be prevented by using tiny, tight stitching. My primary surgery scarred badly with thick, hypertrophic scars because my American doctor looped the stitches around like he was hemming a piece of clothing. I used everything he told me to: Vaseline, scar cream, ointments, etc. Didn't do a thing.

I'm not super-happy with my revisional surgery either (long story... I've posted in other threads) but the one thing the doctor did right was to do ridiculously tight stitching to prevent scars. She not only removed my old scars but prevented new ones for forming. I did use scar cream for a few months but then stopped when I realized I wasn't going to scar.

I had partial incisional surgery a couple years ago. I scar very easily and surprisingly didn't scar at all after the procedure. I religiously used Kiehl's Avocado Eye Cream and my incisions healed extremely fast. I also ate a whole papaya everyday, so that could've helped as well.

Now my problem is my right crease is a little higher than my left. I don't know if this makes sense, but I think the partial incisions were made too short and they make my eyes look smaller and rounder because the corners of my eyes droop down when I smile. It doesn't really seem like I had double eyelid surgery because my fatty eyelids droop over the crease almost entirely. So now I'll be getting a revision.

A few docs have suggested lateral for me, which I hesitate to consider. It is becoming increasingly difficult to select the right doctor to do it, as I would also like to do primary rhino. If anyone has any suggestions on a clinic that masterfully does both revisional eyelid and rhino, please let me know!

I know, I was saying that if they can help it then go for incisional. I understand that there are anatomic limitations.

How did you lose your crease? Did it just come undone?

Don't go for lateral canthoplasty. It compromises the structure of the eyelids which can lead to premature aging. In addition, there is little change if any. You are lucky if you don't have a change to your original eyes and you are unlucky if you suffer disfigured eyes. The only "elongation" you will see is red conjunctiva, meaning there is no elongation..just unsightly red tissue at the corners of the eyes. Trust me, you will have better results just extending your eyeliner.

It's unbelievable how many surgeons suggest lateral canthoplasty nowadays. You can usually point out who the greedy doctors are just by that.

I've read somewhere on this forum that lateral should only be done with a very skilled surgeon. I also read that it's very painful. What you said is so validating. I figured that the doctors who had suggested it to me are just trying to make more money while not thinking about risks and their reputation.

Teuim recommended revisional double eyelid incisional method with ptosis correction and epicanthoplasty. They were one of the two clinics that did not suggest lateral for me. What are your thoughts on epi and ptosis correction?

Nope, just too much fat, I guess. The crease started looking more and more shallow and then there was no crease at all. I have a chubby face even though my body is pretty average.

milktoki is absolutely right. that procedure has a high complication rate. Its like the L shaped implant of nose jobs for eye surgery. Alot of good surgeons refuse to perform this procedure for that very reason.

Epi is fine; the only thing that can really go wrong is if it is overdone. You need to specify you want a natural result and under no circumstances should the surgeon completely remove the Mongolian fold. That results in a strange unnatural appearance with too much red showing at the inner corners.

I would be careful with ptosis. Ptosis correction was originally developed to help people with actual functional problems (i.e. their eyelid is covering most of their eye so they have serious vision problems), not cosmetic. Nowadays in Korea, it is too often suggested as a cosmetic procedure to just help "brighten" the eyes when the eyes open just fine. You don't want to mess with your levator muscle because if damaged, it can result in a sleepy dull look in one eye or both so you will have to keep getting levator advancements in a neverending cycle. In addition, symmetry is incredibly difficult with ptosis, internal adhesions/scarring is greater, and eyelid retractions can occur. For example, you can end up with one extremely wide surprised looking eye and the other a sleepy dull look. This is actually what happened to me. My eyes used to be perfectly symmetrical but not anymore.

Great info, milktoki. I'll be adding this to my research. My eyes were not completely symmetrical to begin with and after I had double eyelid surgery, it seemed to have gotten worse. I think I have slight ptosis as one eyelid feels heavier than the other. I'm going to have to be more cut throat in search for the right doctor and also extensively research more.

what if you don't have functional problems but if you "open up" your eyes you can see the shadow covering the upper part of your vision lift up, even if it's not a huge portion and your eyes are already symmetrical because one is more droopy than the other? and you clearly have too much skin on your eyelids. then it's better to get a ptosis correction for cosmetic reasons if you're already unhappy with your eyes and already think they make you look bad/tired/angry/whatever...
i don't buy the whole "this is only for functional problems" argument. if you're not pretty enough and don't get the job/boyfriend you want isn't that a functional problem? if people think you're sleepy/angry when you're not isn't that a functional problem? or even if it's not that bad and nobody ever comments on it (except maybe people who hate you/are jealous) then isn't it a functional problem if you can't "function" (live) without thinking about getting a ptosis correction because you think your eyes are too droopy... most people think everything about PS is unnecessary. i think the same could be said about any medicine. do you NEED to be healthy? do you NEED to be pretty? i think you do so i think it's all necessary. i think everything we do in life is a function so everything is a functional problem... haha. the only thing i really think should not be done just for cosmetic reasons is 2-jaw. but ptosis correction can't kill you or anything.

I'm just speaking from first hand experience. I was just presenting the real risks of ptosis surgery. If I was a prospective patient, I would want to know as much as I can. I feel as if this surgery is not taken seriously enough. It's an incredibly delicate operation where the doctor is manipulating the very muscle that opens and closes your eyes. Just one mm makes all the difference in asymmetry and a successful surgery. One mm can tip the balance from sleepy eyed to a surprised look all the time. It becomes even more challenging on naturally asymmetrical eyes and internal scarring makes the final outcome even more unpredictable. The possibility of permanently damaging the levator muscle in the process is also real too.

You can justify getting ptosis correction for yourself if you want. Just be sure you are getting it with someone who has vast anatomical knowledge of the eyes, such as an oculoplastic surgeon.

okay. well i had no idea that it was that much of a gamble! but what if the ptosis is just because of extra skin? (i don't know because i'm not a doctor but to me it feels like it is or at least a lot more because of the extra skin than because of the muscle. if there was something wrong with the muscle then i wouldn't be able to open up the eyes more by moving the muscle would i?) then isn't it enough to remove the skin and sew it shut without touching the muscle?? that's what i always thought the cosmetic ptosis correction is anyway. anyway, if you just remove several mm of skin from your eyes then they will open up more right? so there can't be ptosis because there isn't enough skin to be droopy. unless the muscle is damaged. but can it be done without touching the muscle?

Sounds to me like you have hooded eyes i.e redundant skin. Skin can be excised then; it doesn't seem like you have a levator muscle issue. Then again I'm not a doctor, and I'm just going by your description. Any competent oculoplastic surgeon knows not to excise too much skin preventing full eyelid closure, but just in case, you need to remind them.

okay thank you. i'm not a doctor either so i think i might have had the wrong idea about what ptosis is. or that what i have is also called ptosis. actually i just thought that if the eyes are "droopy" and don't have a perfect curve but the top of the curve is depressed and also if the eye lids are a some amount on top of the iris then that's called ptosis and it doesn't matter what causes it. i read what you wrote about your case and it's so sad and scary. i'll be sure to tell the dr not to remove too much skin. i'll also ask him what what i have is called anyway haha. it's not bad like those ptosis pictures you see when you search for ptosis online but it's enough to really really bother me. so i want it fixed. i tried to look for "hooded eyes" but i didn't really get anything that would help me tell the difference. but based on the name i think it sounds correct. the part closest to the eye is a perfect curve and it doesn't cover an abnormal amount of iris but the skin above it kind of droops on top of it. maybe this helps: if i put my finger on my eyebrows and pull the skin up without moving my eyes at all it corrects the issue perfectly.