BeautyHacker

Fat Grafting In Korea

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys!

Hope someone can help me with these questions:

-Just wondering if anyone has tried fat grafting to nose and lips? Any feedback?

-Do they use syringes to inject the fat?? I read someone here wrote "canula" but how to inject fat using canula?

-Do they only extract fat from the lower butt? Or is it the thigh they extract from? I don't really want to lose anymore fat from my butt so I'm wondering...

-How much roughly were you guys quoted for full face fat grafting? I am interested in Regen but they didn't reply my email. :-/

-Any side effects/ risks to take note of? Like hardened lumps from the fats or something? Coz my friend did fat graft to breasts and when she pressed down, can feel a lot of hard lumps though it's normal-looking on the surface.

-Anyone done fat grafting at Teuim? I notice Dr Kwon is now doing fat grafting even though his specialty is eyes.

-Those who have gone to Regen, is the initial consultation done with consultant or with doctor? Who was your Regen doc that you liked?

Thanks! :smile:

Hi Lita,

I cannot PM you but I find you're very knowledgeable on fat graft. Do you know dr Kim Sung Min of IMI (Ipmae Ipmae?) any comments? Otherwise, can you share where have you done yours and if you are happy with it? Your experience in the procedure? Thank you.

Hi Lita Oh, oh wow, thanks so much for being helpful! I appreciate it so much! :smile:

Sorry I have more questions... heheh

-Which clinic did you go to and which doctor?

-Did it hurt during and after?

-Is it Local Anesthesia or General?

-Does the face look and feel natural or is it a bit stiff after the fat injection?

-How long ago did you do it, and how is the survival of the fat so far?

-Did you do the fat injection for face twice to touch up (if so, it is a must to do it)? Or did you go a second time to do it at different parts of the face?

Thanks once again! :smile:

think the difference between fillers and fats graft is fillers will disappear in about 6 months while some of the fats may still survive and be there permanently, hence fillers is temporary while fats graft is semi permanent, i was told about this, is this right?

hey chanelAddicted2, I am also going to seoul in 2 weeks for my full face fat graft. was debated between ID, BK, REGEN , and banobaki. REGEN from what I hear is the best but do not offer free touch up. (BK and ID does). Which one did you end up picking? when are you leaving? I'm so nervous.lol.

I have heard of IMI clinic on SE forums. They seem to speak English there though, so that might be a plus for you. I know on SE, someone was going there to get fat-grafting. It might be worth it to go in for a consultation and check it out but I don't know much info about it. The website isn't that helpful either.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

I had full facial fat graft 3 months ago. The fat have gone 80% from my face except for my forehead. Three days ago while giving myself a head massage (I also had forehead lift) because my scalp feels tight after the surgery. next thing i notice a big lump like an egg forming on my front hair line, I started to rub the lump hoping that it would go away but instead it went down to my forehead. The lump spread out not like an egg any more. I panic and email the clinic (Aone), sending them photos and asking them what is going on. They told me they never seen anything like it and for me to go to the nearest hospital. My doctor sent me away for an ultrasound and I will find out tomorrow what is causing this weird swelling, fluid or fat? I look so odd right now.

WOW that's so so scary :o I never heard of anything like that! i hope you can get it fixed soon. now i'm scared too ;-(

ChanelAddicted2 thank you for posting that warning!

Got the ultrasound result, doc said it residue fluid? What? 3 months later? My case is very unusual, no one have heard of this I don't think. My forehead now has a few big bumps, some hard some soft.
My doctor in Australia said I could get ultrasound treatment while Aone said I should get the fluid out.
The thing I dont understand is where did all this fluid come from to make these big bumps that I had to give myself a thick fringe/bang to cover them up.
I'm not happy.

motherhen,

Again, I am so sorry you have this happened to you!

I was trying to reply to you yesterday on something I found from realself web site that I think maybe applicable here, but after I typed up the whole thing, I got an error on submit. Let me try again.

I was looking for filler injection for my depressed forhead on realself web site, where one can get very good advices from many board certified plastic surgeons on various procedures. On which filler would be the best choice for the forehead and area between the brows, one surgeon's opinion caught my eyes. He said he wouldn't recommend any filler in that area simply because the area has many thin-walled veins that fillers can easily get in and block the circulation, causing fluid retention. I was wondering in your case if any small tissue bits were mixed with fat cells that got injected in your forehead, eventually caused the problem in your small veins? or somehow the fat cells are pressing on the small veins causing the fluid retention?

Just my 2 cents

i'm happy you got the ultrasound results. please don't panic. i think you should get the fluid drained first, then see if it comes back and do more tests. what ultrasound treatment? does it get rid of the fluid instantly? if not why does your doctor recommend it? Aone reply actually makes more sense. you should get the fluid out, that's what you should always do. a small puncture done by a professional will only leave a small mark which will disappear quickly. my nurse friends told me your skin should be punctured outside the area that is raised and then drained. but the doctor will know best.

MrsWang, thank you for the information, I have also considered fillers for my forehead. now i know why it may not be a good idea.