BeautyHacker

anybody here have done ACCULIFT with good results?????

sorry for my ignorant gals, but I'm very very new to plastic surgery and I am doing all I can to research, read and understand more, especially about those procedures, there are so many!!!

i hope I get to know more friends here and learn and share about ps. Ive been a lurker, so I've read some thread and found some gals are so knowledgable about this hot topic... amazing..

So my doubt is a few, and scatter here and there, kindda random..

What is the different between Acculift and V face?

What do you think of using a middleman like Seoul Touchup?

Also, which one should we do first, plastic surgery like double eyelid, nose, small face etc first or Scar treatment for the face? If i didn't remember wrongly, someone did said NOT to do both at the same time.. I mean treating the scar and going for plastic surgery for eg, nose job

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely not use a middleman, the price for the surgery will be higher and most likely they will recommend clinics that give them a bigger commission rather than clinics with best results/reputation. Most clinics have english translators so booking the consultations yourself would be easy and getting from one consultation to the other should not be that complicated since most of the clinics are in the same area.

Hello!
I'm also new to plastic surgery and just joined this forum to get some info regarding getting surgery done in korea. I've been trying to do my research but just seems really overwhelming at all the different clinics and reviews. So I was actually thinking about signing up with seoultouch up as well to help me with this process. But since u said it'll be more expensive now I'm thinking it's not a good idea. For people that have chosen on a clinic for surgery..how were u guys able to narrow down the ones that you wanted to visit? And are guesthouses cheaper than hotels?

• 4 weeks later...
I have read on american forum realself that acculift gives good results BUT after 2 years skin start to be old very fast. So after my doublejaw surgery I need to reduce fat and skin on my jaw... Its very strange that so many people made operations in Seoul and almost nobody didnt do acculift. Its difficult to find pictures with results in internet. Can anybody help me?

The success of acculift depends on your current situation and goals. It works relatively well along the jaw, obviously if fat is your problem to begin with (as opposed to muscle, skin or bone excess).

I had it in my mid-face - not a very common procedure. I had mixed feeling about the results as it reduced some of the excess there but it also deflated the cheeks (so I had another procedure to correct this). Remember the problem with any liposuction in the midface is that the tissue that remains has less support - skin especially. I know they advertise it in a way that it supposedly 'lifts' the skin/soft tissue, but in reality it doesn't.

The other thing you need to understand is that the face has many different fat compartments- 9 were identified in a research study. Some of them are superficial, some are deep. Acculift can target only the superficial layers.

My conclusion is that it can give some improvement for the right candidate, especially in the lower face (chin/neck/jawline), but not so much in the mid-face unless you are prepared to undergo another procedure to lift the remaining tissue back where it belongs.

• 3 weeks later...
In terms of actual fat removal - can Acculift remove a lot of the fat from your face? I'm looking for a procedure that can make my face look chisled and boney - is this possible with Acculift, including the mid face area?

For those of you who have had Acculift, can you see the puncture mark / is there still a scar where the needle was inserted? Or is there literally no scar at all?

(I had fat drawn from my belly button for a fat graft before and unfortunately the scar is still there. I'd like to consider getting Acculift under my chin, but I'm concerned about a potential scar under my chin, since I scar easily... and a scar under the chin is more visible than one in the belly button!)

Any anecdotes here on scarring from acculift in the chin, face, etc. would be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch! :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm also curious about the results of acculift vs traditional buccal fat pad removal. I have lower chipmunk cheeks and would very much like to get rid of them to achieve the coveted oval face shape!

my only concern is whether or not the buccal fat pad will thin out as I age, I wouldn't want a deeply gaunt look when I'm in my early thirties!

Has anyone had acculift to removal buccal fat pads around the lower cheek area? Any input would be appreciated!

• 7 months later...
Did you go for a thread lift afterwards? a few clinics advised me to do acculift + thread lift to avoid skin sagging.

I am wondering if the thread lift afterwards is necessary though (I am 24) as it cost just as much as the acculift itself.

Miss thang save your money. Thread lift don't last long. I did it before lasted under 6 months then threads resorp. Totally unnecessary. What you want is at LEAST semi permanency which threadlift is not.

The trick with acculift is to not remove too much. Same goes with any form of facial lipolysis. You need to retain a degree of your natural collagen as that aids in elasticity. Removing too much will result in a loss and thus you sag girl.

Thank you very much for the advice!! That's so nice of you to take the time to do that!

Do you feel the operation was worth it for you despite the sagging? The thing is that I do need to get a lot of fat out according to several surgeons (fat due to genetics, nothing a diet could fix) so I am wondering how visible is the sagging if there is not much to do to correct it?

i never sagged from acculift. Mine was used for facial asymmetry correction. There is no way i can tell you about visible sagging if you get alot of fat out from your face. Because it also depends on your skin elasticity, condition of your tissues and strength of your facial muscles. Only the surgeon who examines you will be able to give you a rough idea. But like I said, you really do not want to remove too much.

Hey K Couture,

Would you mind sharing the name of the surgeon who did your acculift (clinic)? Your information is always precious!
Also do you have thick and resilient skin?

I'm interested in getting acculift but my skin is very very thin and not particurlarily elastic even though I'm young (I'm caucassian btw) so I'm working into taking various supplements before going for the procedures to minimize sagging possibilities. Do you think I would be a bad candidate for this procedure?

Thanks a ton :smile: