BeautyHacker

Post prices of Korean clinics here!

At least 30% would be nice. I'm doing v-line, cheekbone reduction, 2-3 rhinoplasty procedures, ptosis correction, full face fat grafting and perhaps a forehead implant. :smile:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're doing about as many procedures as I am. I plan on getting zygoma reduction, sliding genioplasty, v-line, full face fat graft and a possible rhinoplasty so I plan on bargaining down at least 30%.

Oh no.... I'd love to look at their reviews! Haha thank you!! If I do have anything I'd like to see I'll message you!

But do you think they'll honor the event price?

No they usually don't, but you can try and use that to bargain maybe haha
I'll try asking again, I don't think it's gonna change though

My bf was born in SK and moved to the states when he was young. He has family in SK but both of us are very Americanized now. I'm not Korean but he will accompany me to the consultations and be my korean translator. Is it possible to get locals prices? We have some friends in SK as well who went to school with us. Can I tell them I'm teaching English there therefore I'm kind of a local? :P

Only if you can convince them you're Korean, unfortunately. All foreigners will get a non-local price (including foreigners who live in SK. You need to look ethnically Korean). It's even worse when you're Chinese. Most foreigners will be quoted 1.5~2 times the local amount, while Chinese get quoted 3 times the local amount in some clinics.

It's understandable that we don't get a local price, as they may need to provide extra service for foreigners. Just make sure you pay less than 2 times the local amount. Otherwise it's a complete ripoff.

Also, tell them that your budget is lower than your actual budget. For example, if you get quoted 15M KRW, tell them your budget is 12~13M KRW (even if your budget is higher) Most of them get desperate and accept the price.

You can also tell them that they can use your before and after pictures in exchange for a discount. (If you're okay with that)

If you have a blog, instagram or YouTube channel with a decent amount of followers you can also tell them you will make a blog/video about your experience. That can also give you a discount.

You probably won't be able to get a local price, but you can always use negotiation. :smile:

Oh man, well people have always thought I looked Korean. Every Korean store I go to, they always talk to me in Korean at first. I'm from the US, but would they still judge me based on my ethnicity? Should I pretend to be Vietnamese or Malaysian (not trying to offend anyone)?

How do I know what the locals price is? I thought about getting a friend in Korea to send them pics of me and call about prices that way. Then in person, I can have more negotiation power. Esp with all these clinics just quoting different prices to each person, I don't even know what the standard should be. Really appreciate your answer though. Just the thought of being charged 2-3x the locals price is absurd. We're saving some money by staying with bf's family but still. Maybe his aunt should just take me and say she's my mom.

I think it would be best to pretend as if you're ethnically Korean and that you've grown up in the US and that's why you're not fluent in Korean. It would be nice if his aunt could help you out.

But it's a little risky, so be careful.
You might just wanna give up on getting the local price. It's really tough.

From what I've heard and told, tax refund has been extended till Dec 2017.

I live in the US. I'm looking into going in September. This is what Banobagi quoted me. You think that's over priced? You think I can bargain with them? Anyone else gone to Banobagi and had these procedures done? What was your total price and your experience?

The average price for face contour(Cheekbone, square jaw reduction, genioplasty) is 17,000,000 KRW ~18,000,000 KRW = $14,374 USD~$15,220 USD

The average price for Rhinoplasty costs 4,950,000 KRW = $4,185 USD

Alar reduction =1,320,000 krw = $1,117 USD

The average price for non-incision method double eyelid surgery with ptosis correction costs 3,520,000 KRW ~ 4,290,000 KRW = $2,976 USD ~ $3627 USD

The average cost for epicanthplasty/lateralcanthoplasty costs 1,100,000 KRW ~ 1,650,000 KRW each = $930 USD ~ $1,395 USD each.

Forehead implant 4,400,000 krw =$3722 USD

Price estimate: $28,374 ~$30,000 USD

Sorry I'm new to all this so I'm not really good at bargaining? Who here can give me some advice on how to without offending the clinic lol??
Also when you schedule the face to face consultation, how soon after do they usually schedule the surgery? I'm assuming it depends on how busy they are and when they can squeeze you into their schedule?

That's the price banobagi quoted me for eyes and nose. I asked if it could be cheaper, she asked me to go down to their clinic and "may" give me some discount. >_<

If you want to have surgery on the same consultation day/the next day, you have to put deposit first. That's what banobagi consultant told me.

O
Ok thanks! I'm wondering how good their discounts are. Isn't the deposit like a $1,000 usd?