BeautyHacker

Be ware of Korean translator or Korean who wants to introduce you to some clinics

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can u send me all the clinic's email addr? i realise that not all clinics hav an email.
(they wrote back in complete Korean so I'm pretty sure they though I was Korean so that shouldn't make a difference ^^ ) <<<<< LOL i should try this one day~ the translation (fr google translate) is weird and sometimes i dont really understand .

you need to do a lot of research... there is no easy answer ^^ if you want to know if you're being overquoted you have to know Korean prices... you have to know Korean culture, you have to know the price differences between clinics (for Koreans too) and what is the usual price for the clinic that is quoting you because they all have different prices... there is a bunch of clinics that have almost the exact same prices and then there are clinics that charge a lot higher (for Koreans too) but they get away with it because they get money and publicity from doing celebrities... so there really is no easy way... ^^

smallface has a naver email, it's small_face1 but they have done many botched surgeries so be careful... by the way, their Korean wasn't strange, they just used slang for some words (new words combined from two standard words) so I thought that was strange haha but i guess it's not ^^ (but they wrote in formal Korean) if you write to them you have to understand that google translate can't translate slang words... let me know if you need help with the reply you get ^^ but you can write to them in Chinese and they reply in Chinese I think... so that might be easier. I haven't tried it but lots of Chinese people go there...

smallface is very similar to cinderella clinic . but smallface is cheaper ?

&#50616;&#45768; &#52649;&#44256;&#54644;&#49324; &#44256;&#47560;&#50892;&#50836;&#12613;&#12613; &#54616;&#51648;&#47564; &#54620;&#44397;&#50640; &#44040;&#46412;&#50640; &#53685;&#50669;&#51008; &#54596;&#50836;&#50630;&#45716;&#45936; &#12596; &#12596;&#54620;&#44397;&#50620;&#54616;&#44192;&#45796;&#50836; &#12619;&#12619; &#12613; &#12613;~

• 4 months later...

bella thank you very much 4 your post i havent been long on this forum and am sitting today and reading more , the more i read the more angry i get.

be4 going on this forum i didnt know and went on loads of medical tourism sites, agency ( i.e.: seoul touchup, novasan, placidway ....etc )and asked them to send me info about places (ofcourse i gave them info about me , thinking it was needed for the dr. but i didnt give them my pic.)......... but i also went on the actual websites of the places i thought were good and emailed them for a price quote .

now i dont even know if the price stated are from the clinic alone or with the commission from the agency :cry:
now if i go at any time they will say they referred me and demand that price ........... how do i get out of this ( since i actually found the clinics on my own be4 the agency referred them to me ) ??
urggggg so frustrating

i have bumped this post so ppl can see it in-conjunction with ChanelAddicted2 post on
Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting

when you arrive at the clinic and fill out the form, there will be a section on "how did you hear about us". Do not site any external services from the clinic. Just state that you did a search on google etc.

When speaking to the consultant, make sure you are clear that no third party was in involved in arranging your consultation.

Problem Solved!

1st off than you for answering my 3 posts :smile:
but as i read they go behind your back and say we referred her since they have some info. and thus i wont if the clinic puts their commission on the surgery price or not, as stated by members here.
also one clinic quoted me a ridiculous price and they wont even budge, now i cant even find out what the actual price is ?
and because not alot of ppl go for lap band i cant find any price ranges + easier to know who i am i think even without knowing my name.

As long as you state that you were never referred they shouldn't be able to add on the commission. A clinic will always avoid having to pay out commission if they can. Thus, if your statement is in direct conflict with the entities that claimed they procured you as a client for the clinic, they will simply confirm it with you.

If a clinic won't budge then they won't budge. Just move on. There's thousands of surgical practitioners in Seoul. What you do is when you find yourself another suitable clinic/surgeon, before they begin to discuss surgical costs, mention that you moved on from another clinic because you felt the price was ridiculous and way out of your budget. You should do this when you speak to the consultant first before seeing the surgeon.The process is generally like this:

1) Check into the front desk and fill out form which asks you what medical conditions you have, what surgeries you have had (if any) and what procedures you are looking to get AND who referred you.

2) Speak to the consultant who will recommend you procedures. Upon which you should bring up why you moved on from that expensive clinic you mentioned. And then request to speak to the surgeon. Apparently some ppl on this forum actually went to Seoul and they were not allowed to meet the surgeons. Which is ridiculous. It never happened to me tho, maybe because it depends on the clinic and/or i not only made an appointment a month in advance I also right off the bat mentioned that I must consult with the surgeon right there and then.

3) you meet the surgeon and discuss your concerns

4) you go back to the consultant to discuss price

Last year iat the end of Oct i visited 5 different clinics and all of them used this same procedure for handling potential clients.

This procedure pretty much applies to practically everything you want to haggle over in Korea. I'm Korean but American born since my mother moved here in her 30s and this process is just how it goes. You have the money, make them work for it. :smile:

Last year iat the end of Oct i visited 5 different clinics and all of them used this same procedure for handling potential clients.[/QUOTE]

yah at this point am not going to do anything ........ i dont have the money to pay all those prices and i dont like being ripped off ...... just cause we r foreigners doesnt mean we are loaded looooool
but your a wealth of wisdom and info that this forum needs and a lot of other members here 2 are great help for us virgins to ps :graucho: heheheheeee

(I think one of the forumers asked this question in a previous post. I'm mentioning again as a) no one answered her and b) I am curious about the answer, too.)

If a foreigner (ie, me) is accompanied by a native Korean during the consults. Would this mean I would quoted the Korean (read: cheaper) price? The reason I am asking is that I don't wish to be ripped off, but have no way of posing as a Korean and would like to know a way around this quagmire.

thanks in advance.

Thank you for posting this on multiple threads. A few days ago a user offered to spend time with forumers and give "translation services." She just so happened to fit the description of the person who tried to make commission off of you.
We need to report these users! They're putting our bodies and our pockets at risk.

Hi Bella,

I agree with you. Your information and warning is really touching and is true. We also had to earn money hard to do surgeries and we have to be careful not to be over charge so much. Anyway, $300 for non-incisional is true, one of a Korean Lady i knew also got her double eyelid surgery around that price but it was 6 years ago. Anyway, you using NAVER is awesome (daebak) ... It is hard and you must so much effort on it...

I was intially going to go with a translator as her charges were very reasonable. However, now learning that they get a commission IN ADDITION to the money we pay them....... I am seriously thinking twice about using their service. Besides, it appears that many of the clinics have English translators.

Can someone confirm this information? Most clinics ALSO have Mandarin translators?? (if that is the case, I would definately NOT hire a translator as I am bilingual in English and Mandarin.)