BeautyHacker

Anybody got V-line surgery done or planning to do so??

Can I ask would you recommend doing v-line and another surgery at the same time? Any scarring?

Thanks so much!!

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi~

Uh V-line surgery has no scarring because the incisions are through the gums. But I've heard that it's recommended to do V-line alone to get the best result, I'm not sure why but I've read that before. However I have also heard about pple doing V-line with other surgeries and having nice results. I'd definitely recommend not doing V-line with rhinoplasty though, as I heard the recovery period can be unbearably awful.

V-line surgery alone already has a tough recovery that's very painful in the beginning. I've heard of some pple saying their V-line recovery wasn't painful, but that's usually if they didn't have T-osteotomy for the chin and they only had bone trimming. With T-osteotomy the dr must break your chin bones and reconnect them with fixation screws, so u feel a lot of pain when u wake up from anaesthesia.

• 3 months later...
hi wintergirl,

first of all, thank you so much for your many informative posts! They have been very helpful in scanning the overwhelming amount of info. After some research, I am also leaning towards JK a lot for a vline. However, I was wondering how they define their v-line? Some other places explicitly say that they will cut away bone, muscles and fat during the surgery. Does JK do the same and just did not mention it explicitly?

Also, when choosing JK, what other options did you consider? And what made you choose JK in the end?

sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for your response. It's just such a nerve-racking process :faint: . Hope you understand.

Hi dopurocki, I am actually visiting JK for possible v-line this Monday! I I leave today :upside-down: . Just to comment on a few of your questions, what I have liked about JK is on top of having good before and after pictures and reviews they seem like they have pretty reasonable prices, have responded quickly to my emails, and also quoted the doctor when recommending my surgeries. I also had talked to winter girl before on pm, and she said good things about it.

That's a good idea to ask about the muscle and fats removal as well as bone for v-line. I never thought to ask :wondering. I will definitely bring that up with JK, and plan on going to a few other clinics so I will let you know what they say :smile:. Also feel free to pm me if you want more information :smile:.

Hi Nicole,

Thanks so much for your post! I have also been in touch with JK and their response has been very fast and professional. In case it helps, I asked them about what their v-line includes and they say it will reduce both the front view and the side view of the jaw. They also said that the specific chin proceudre will depend on individual.

Regarding safety, they said they had 0 medical accidents since they were established. This sounds impressive. although I am not sure how they define 'medical accident'. They said that there is no insurance but that you will be asked to sign a consent form before the surgery that specifies what happens when different situations occur. I think you should pay close attention to those.

I did not however ask about the surgeon, may I know which surgeon you were quoted? Also, may I ask which other clinics you are considering? Thank you in advance!

In any case, wishing you the best of luck. I sincerely hope that all will be well for you :smile:

I would be very grateful if you could keep me posted on where you decide to do the surgery and how things go.

btw, for your reference, I was quoted 8500 for v-line.

Hi Elena,

may I ask how your v-line surgery at OZ clinic went? I hope all went well!!

Also, why did you choose this clinic? Were you considering other ones as well?

I plan on doing v line this summer but am having a hard time choosing a clinic. the amount of information is very overwhelming :sad: I would thus be very grateful for your help.

hi sakurabliss,

so did you went to TL to do your v line in the end? how was it? I'm planning to go too but still considering between TL & item

Kind of a weird question... but how long does it take (minimum) to have all the swelling subside and smile properly after V-line + Rhinoplasty? Asking coz I'm thinking to have my PS and wedding photoshoot all in one trip... LOL

Definitely at least a month if u want to do photoshoot or tell the editor to photoshop the swelling. Personally tho I would want to be at my best for a wedding shoot so one month minimum