BeautyHacker

Anybody got V-line surgery done or planning to do so??

Hi guys, so I booked consultation with DA and view on December 15th and waiting on replies from TL and Line.
View's quote was 6M for jaw reduction and 6M for chin reduction or 3M for chin implant. Rhino is 3.3 for tip and bridge. Alar is extra.
DA's quote is 7M for jaw and another 7M for chin...but they suggested sliding genioplasty which sounds a little scary...has anyone had it before? Nose is 3.8 for tip and bridge.
I also asked about sagging. view said if it sags then I can get accusculpt after. DA's reply is that if needed then the doctor will remove some boccal fat so sagging chance should be low. Guess I'll wait to ask the doctor the same question.

I'll be in Korea December 14-30th.
Anyone else will be there and want to meet up? I'm hoping to do v-line and rhino together =]

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be Seoul from 12/01 to 12/23 I'm guessing by the time you are there my surgery will be over because I'm planning to have it done a soon as I get there (I'm going to consult only two places and make my decision right away) but I would like to meet up, I think it is important to have that emotional support!

Is anyone else going in December? We should get in touch!!

Hi wjiajia,

Actually, nearly all the clinics I've gone to so far recommended a chin implant rather than bone surgery, so I don't actually have too many v-line related prices....I still have another 2 consults tomorrow, so I'll write up a list when I finish all them all and put it in the general prices thread!

Hi simplelogist,
Sure! I'm still waiting to be able to PM, but will PM you my email as soon as I have enough posts :smile: With whom are you consulting?

thanks dear! I sometimes hear I need vline, sometimes I only need jaw and then a chin implant for more 3d projection

that would be awesome Yurashi =) which clinics will be be consulting with?

do you use wechat or kaokao? would be nice if we can chat/share some experience :smile:

Hi stacie, all the best to your surgeries and speedy recovery. Can't wait to hear about your consultation experience and decision to go with your choice of clinic. I'm planning to be there in end oct for vline and rhino but uncertain if both can be done at the same time (doubting if I can physically & mentally got thru the ordeal).

My list grew longer the more I go thru pages & pages of review here :sad: have shortlisted mega, JW, dream, unique, everm, braun, life and banobagi. Would really appreciate if u can share your experiences....

P.S: I do not have enough posts to pm anyone yet :sad:

Hello Kate, so thankful that this thread is getting so active/informative having you ladies providing us live updates ;) hope you have more or less narrowed down your choices and finalised the clinic. So excited for you and looking forward to your write up on your experiences and pricing as it will certainly help me with my coming trip. I'd really appreciate if you can pm me the info thou.

Good luck to your coming procedures....

hey missgeekybabe, i saw that you have JW on your list...and i happen to come across this article when i was doing research on chinese forum...
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3017852033?pn=1
I don't know if it's true, but just as a cautionary note. this girl said they ruined her face during a makeover show she signed up for but refuse to take responsibility.

Hi starrynights127, thank you so much for cautioning me...should this be true, it really show how unethical JW doctors are but then again, this poor gal doesn't even seems to know the name of the doctor who caused her to be in such plight...sigh!

I read abt JW great eyes and rhino works done on a few sg bloggers early this year and have thus considering them in my consult list...then again, have not manage to find much info here about their skill on facial contouring which is my primary concern :sad:

Are you planning for your ps procedure in Korea soon too?

no problem =) yea...the CT scan looked pretty scary. her nose/face do not line up correctly.

I read your post earlier that you want to do rhino and v-line?
how are the clinics you contacted so far? I want to do rhino and v-line together too, but it seems hard to find a clinic that has impeccable reputation for both.
so far i made appointments with view, DAPS, the Line, and TLPS in december.
the other three clinics all gave me quotes around 12-14 million for v-line (chin and jaw), but the Line keep saying they need to do CT scan first, and asked me to put down $500 deposit...

Starry, don't put down any money until you meet them in person. Besides, it costs MAX $100 for the CT and X-ray. Even then you will find that most clinic don't charge this at consultation. $500 is excessive and you will feel extorted as I doubt they'd give it back if you don't like them and then you will have to make a choice between losing $500 or going for a surgeon you don't prefer

There are so many clinics in gangnam, don't feel pressured by any one as there is so much supply. They can only do this to unknowing foreigners.

Hi :smile:

I pretty much decided to go to TL and The Line for my consultations, and whichever gives me the best price will be my choice, I researched them and they seem fine to me. Maybe I'll try to go to one more but I'm not so sure which one, definitely not Grand or ID because they pretty much take your money and leave you with a horrible outcome.

I do have Kakao, I don't think I can pm you since I don't have enough posts :/ what is the minimun for that?

thanks for all the great/informative responses ladies :biggrin:

@ simplelogist- wow a mode i see =). is YNY popular with the locals? totally agree that a good looking nose can change everything about the face haha. been wanting rhino forever! I just googled yny and its super close to where i'll be staying. thanks for the recommendation!

@vanitygirl- Thanks Vanity, I told Eu, the consultant that replied me, that although i like the clinic, its impossible for me to put down a deposit until i have a face to face consultation with the doctor =) actually read a post earlier that warned against putting deposit down before going to the clinic, else i might actually have fell for the pressure...so grateful for all the help/support on this forum ^^.

@Yurashi- those two are on my list too! the minimum is 10 posts i think. I'll pm you once I reach that. Will you be staying close to the clinics?

I'll stay close to the clinics for at least 8 days (I'm looking for good cheap hotels around them) and then go to somewhere else, I just hope my swelling goes down to the point that I look normal-ish by that time! :biggrin: