BeautyHacker

Anybody got V-line surgery done or planning to do so??

Hello im new here i was thinking about to go to korea to have cosmetic surgery but i saw the news about the MERS in korea
How is the status??it seems like decreasing but i just want to hear about your opinions

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends how much bone you are shaving, how old you are, the condition of your skin etc. I don't think there's a specific technique as such that prevents drooping but obviously go to an experienced surgeon to minimise the risk.

As a general rule, the bigger the area being shaved, the greater the risk of sagging as you are removing the structure the holds the skin up.

hi hj88
what kind of lifting procedures can one do to prevent sagging from cheekbone and jaw reduction ? preferably something that can be done at the same time.
any ideas?

Cheekbone is a much higher risk of sagging than jaw. Any doctor that tells you there's no chance of sagging from zygoma is lying to your face.

Also, there are many different methods available for the zygoma reduction surgery so make sure you've done your reading and chosen the best surgical method to tackle your particular issue.

You can do Acculift or Power V procedures to counteract sagging at the same time as your primary surgery.

For more drastic results to counter severe sagging you would be looking at some kind of lifting procedure. Lower face lifts with threads are popular in Korea but western surgeons prefer the full lift lower face lift (where they come in through small insertion along your earline) and remove the excess skin as well as lift. I don't think this would be done at the same time though. Probably once the sagging appears or 6 months down the track etc.

• 1 month later...
If you are going under GA they have to take blood to make sure you're healthy enough to undergo surgery.

Some will do a whole suite of tests (heart, urine, chest X-ray, scan your jaw etc)

• 3 weeks later...
Nope. I wish though! It would save me getting botox to slim it down:P

I think "officially" you wear it non-stop until your bandages come off, then whenever you can for the first month or so. Ie whenever you are at home, or sleeping etc.

However, I have found that even 4 months post-op the residual swelling I still have noticeably contracts if I wear my headband overnight. I just pop it on when I get home from work and take it off the next day. This is by no means a requirement though - just something that I've found has worked for me. Also, until now I have had a tiny bit of numvness still in one part of my chin, so contracting the muscle has helped:smile:

If you don't have any swelling or numbness that's bugging you probably you wouldn't have to bother with the strap this far post-op though.

There's just usually not much details about the head strap when most ppl write their reviews.
Thank you hj88 😊 you've been a big help.

Hi.

i'm visiting Korea in January for plastic surgery.i'm looking for v-line surgery with nose job & chin implant.

which clinic/hospital will you suggest that does a good job while cheaper?(i'm sure you guys have more experience than me ;) )