BeautyHacker

Anybody got V-line surgery done or planning to do so??

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe most of your questions are answered in this thread:

#

Hi everyone. I've been following this thread for quite a while. First I want to thank you for sharing all the valuable PS experiences in Kr.
I have always hated my round face, especially my head is quite large too. I've been thinking about V-line for over 2 or 3 years now, and I am targeting to go to Kr hopefully sometime at the end of this year or early next year.
I am so excited for you guys visiting Kr in March. Please let me know how it goes. Wish you the best of luck!

Hey all,

Can anyone help me out here... I happened to chance upon this "V-lift" procedure from TL. See results from this lady below: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is this a form of fat buccal removal procedure which will aggravate skin sagging after a couple of years? Is zygoma reduction the same as bone trimming at the sides of the central face (cheekbone area)?

The power V lift is a gimmick. Its basically a form of lipo concealed as an innovative lifting facial contouring which does not require bone manipulation. For volume reduction it is best to use acculift instead. An actual proven technique. Never be sucked in by before and after photos either. They are the least accurate indicator. Many images have been photoshopped. Others may have had other procedures done to it which so happened to not be mentioned. Anyways there's many gimmicks out there on the market. Power V lift, Lams to name a few.

Zygoma reduction is basically a cheekbone reduction. It can involve different components of the cheekbone. Eg. Anterior etc etc

Thanks babe! Really helps to clarify my doubts, its so challenging to differentiate the medical terms and all. Acculift is also fat removal + lifting right?

What type of face shape are ideal candidates for zygoma reduction? Is bone trimming by the side to slim the wideness of the face the same as zygoma reduction? My face shape is close to 'Diamond' but I have chubbier around the lower jaw area.. :P

[​IMG]

That is a handy reference chart :smile:

Hi, I'm another person who's interested in having plastic surgery done in Korea.
I'm considering doing double eyelid surgery, v-line surgery and zygoma reduction.

Can anyone refer me to a link to any detrimental effects of such surgeries?
I'm not talking about stuff like if the surgery fails or something because as far as possible I don't want to think about that.
It's just that from reading this thread, I've gathered that facial contouring may cause your face to sag and I find that very disturbing.

Maybe it's just kinda my fantasy to you know, have a complete transformation, like a one time thing (of course, natural ageing stuff not included). It's also the reason I'm not considering rhinoplasty because I read that you have to have surgery every 5 or so years to maintain it.

Also, is NCJung recommended? Because it just seems like a concierge service like that feels very convenient as they prepare everything for you.

EDIT: Also, does the price of the surgery include the medical recovery costs? Such as hospitalization and immediate medical care.

Thanks!

No acculift is not for lifting. Korean surgeons claim it has a lifting effect by shrinking the soft tissues but I have found this to be incorrect. I was a little skeptical before I underwent the procedure because all the western surgeons I have consulted with, in particular Bryan Mendelson, explained to me that current medical technology does not yield a shrinking of the soft tissues or an actual lifting effect. Rather, it is a superficial (temporary) lift due to the heat administered from the laser and also in part due to swelling. What I did notice after my acculift that it is very effective for volume reduction. I have had facial liposuction twice before and the results were no where near as good as acculift for facial fat reduction.

Its hard to say what type of face shape is suited for zygoma because people's facial structure is not necessarily one of the 6 shapes but often a combination of them. Like I am a combination of oval and diamond but I am not a candidate for zygoma reduction as after a 3d ct scan revealed that its not only a soft tissue problem for me, but also an issue of overall cranial asymmetry. That is, to achieve symmetry for my cheekbones would require resecting a good portion of half my skull and relocating it. My asymmetry was deemed too mild for something so drastic. Anyways for zygoma reduction its got to do with the protrusion of cheekbones I believe. I consulted with a number of surgeons and a couple of them suggested that because my cheekbones are not jutting outwards, it would be rather pointless to perform a zygoma reduction and detrimental due to more significant sagging as i wouldn't be a candidate. Best to go get a 3d CT to know for sure whether its suited for you. Many clinics in Seoul will do it complimentary :smile:

I wil arrive at korea March 20th. I am planning to do vline and genioplasty. I am looking to consult with everm, DAPRS, girin and possibly VIEW. xxxxxxx? And you can look up kakao in the App Store.

Hello all, I just recently did my Vline at Daprs, which means I don't know my result yet. Still swelling a lot and can barely open my eyes. Yesterday, I just had numbness which is normal but hopefully it goes again in one year. .... Will post my experiences with surgery, consultations, and results soon.

I didn't go to EverM because felt like they are dentist clinic and not plastic surgery clinic. For girin, I am not sure about their vline but I think their noses are bad, a friend of a friend had nose job there and it turned out worst than before.

I also went to view and the nose and face contour doc allows time to talk to you. I think maybe it was a bad day but grin waiting time as horrible even though I made an appointment. Anyhow for view, the contour doc there has his own chin cutting method which I thought was okay, but the chin was cut into four pieces. I was like O O....he seemed mad at me for asking him why he use that instead of other methods. I also don't know why he wants to use that method on me when I don't need to narrow my chin. Anyhow he invented that chin method and doesn't gave a name to it.