BeautyHacker

Anybody got V-line surgery done or planning to do so??

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys, I'm planning to go to Korea to do V line surgery in ID hospital but see many bad reviews, so now I'm so scared. If anyone has experience about V line surgery please share with me, thank you!

They aren't the only clinic that does it, look around and visit a few for consultations.

I went to bumrungrad, Bangkok for Rhino in 2012. So ****ed up, the Dr only put in a silicon implant and be done with it. No ear or septal cartilages were touched even when that was our initial agreement on what's to be done. But oh well, gives me a good canvas to go to DAPRS next month. Lol.

I'm interested to hear the response for this too. I want to do facial contouring and wondering if I should do a v line but I don't want my chin to be too small or pointy. I prefer it to be kind of a U shape.

Every clinic that DFK sent my pictures to recommended power v for me. I can see why because I actually have a perfect jawline when I'm not a little piece of chunk (I hold weight in my face when I gain it).

I am going to Seoul before you, I will let you know what I have done.

Oh that would be great Eurasianbeauty! I can't wait to hear about your experience after you get your procedures done. I'm already following your other thread. If I can get away without cutting bone on my jaw line that would be even better. I know for sure my zygoma needs to me reduced.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm going to Korea next month for facial contouring! My face shape been an insecurity of mine for many years (I'm 19 at the moment) and I've finally made up my mind to undergo V-line surgery. I know most clinics will probably recommend me do zygoma reduction along with V-line since my face in general is very wide, but I won't be having it :P My goal is to have a face shape that tapers towards the chin, instead of the literal U-shaped square I have now. I can live with a wide mid-face haha.

aww congrats!! i'm 19 too, i really want to plan it by next year ^ ^ can i ask what clinic you're going to? and how long you're staying in korea? totally agree with not undergoing zygoma hehe

Yeah better not do zygoma unless your face really needs it..Except v-line, are you getting other procedures as well? Which clinics do you have in mind? :smile:

is zygoma too bad or dangerous of a procedure?just curious

Yeah both of them, since it's bone removing, you risk nerve damage which is a huge problem,tons of things could happen because of this, read the forumers experiences, obvious sagging, if not immediately then definately when you're older, the cheekbones are the structures that hold your midface and consequently your lower face in it's place, if you remove them then gravity takes on..Plus you might end up with a flat face. Almost everyone who gets zygoma reduction gets fat graft together as well and keep in mind that you will probably need a facelift when you're older, it's a high maintainance procedure. I wouldn't suggest you do it unless you have really prominent cheekbones and really need. A clever fat graft could conceal your problem if your zygoma isn't that bad, but I suggest you consult with doctors first

I see! I'll definitely do more research on that :smile: So v-line is better/less maintenance? my face is even, but when I smile, it becomes more square, so I probably need to do some online consultations to determine if I need zygoma or vline.

Hmm, have you tried botox to the masseter? It could be the reason why your face becomes square when you smile..

I am not so sure it's less maintainance, it's bone removing again, you will as well need a lift in the future, K Couture and others have reported sagging from mandible/v-line, maybe it will be less noticeable than the zygoma. But you are still removing the bone your soft tissue was being supported on all these years, in other words you are causing premature aging.
Many have mentioned that you must be a good candidate to undergo this procedure, but I am not sure what that means, maybe that your face must be square?(Because of bone structure I mean) Or the opposite so that you don't have to remove a lot of bone? I don't know yet.

I am as well interested in getting a v-line bone reduction, but 1.I think I might not be a good candidate for this, since my face is not square,it's oval, I just would like to have a smaller chin and jaw 2.I am not ready to take the risks this procedure comes with.
That's why I have to consult with the doctors first, who knows acculift must be just enough for me.

I will let you know how this goes if you are interested!

Hey peachsoymilk, I love your username! I still haven't decided on a clinic yet. I'm planning to do visit multiple clinics and then choose the most suitable one after I've consulted with them face to face ^^ I'll definitely keep you updated on my choices! I'm staying for 20 days just to be safe :smile: And yep! There are just too many risks associated with zygoma, plus I don't think having prominent cheekbones is a bad thing ^^