BeautyHacker

Anybody got V-line surgery done or planning to do so??

Haven't done surgery yet, but from what I read in forums and through reviews you shouldn't have any issue talking by the 3rd week. Some people can already talk by the first week haha

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@CallieCat thanks for replying! its good to know that 3 weeks is a sufficient amount of time. what was the overall number of ppl who did v line that you talked to? (to get the percentage of ppl with sagging)

good luck with your surgery this summer, i'd be excited for you to go ahead after three years :smile: i don't have that much patience when i decide i want to do something i always want to do it immediately.. which places are you thinking of consulting with?

I'll see when I have consultations in Korea. I thought I would go for the long curve method because recovery is a little faster, but I care more about the results I really don't wanna be disappointed so I'm waiting for advice from doctors :smile:
How about you?

I've talked to about 9 people and of those 9 only 2 had sagging (but remember sagging could come quickly as soon as right after surgery OR later in life as we get older so I guess it really isn't a guarantee. The good news is if you do experience sagging later in life I guess you could always see if a lift would help or worsen it. I would definitely ask the doctors when you're there.

I'm pretty set on TL as of right now but I plan on consulting with them, DAPRS, and EverM and possibly View...but TL is my number one choice (before actually seeing the clinics and going through consultations...)

The FC I got from View actually "unsag" my saggy skin before surgery. I forgot what Dr Lee told me but he said he did something which helped lift up the saggy skin around my jaws, and the rhino he did completely removed the paranasal lines I used to have. Seriously I have no words to describe this guy. I don't know about other doctors at View but Dr Lee has really given me a new lease of life.

When are you going on consultations CallieCat? :smile:

Hi Mailbox, I am also thinking to do long curve v-line for ages.... just don't have the guts to do it because the risk and sagging reasons... anyone did vline at Braun? I heard a girl did vline there and she was happy...

@lovelypeach well i consulted with a doctor in taiwan a while back and he suggested a long-curved V-line mandible reduction which consists of:
(quoting his email)

"a) Sagittal splitting osteotomy of mandible: This surgery can reduce not only the width of mandible body but also the mandible angle. It can make you have a more slimmer lower face and smoother jawline.
b) V-line genioplasty: to remove the thick part of chin bone which is conjunction with mandible bilaterally. It would shorten the span between the mouth angle and the jawline.
c) Anteriorly sliding osteotomy of chin bone: to cut the chin bone transversely then slide the distal part anteriorly to create a more pointed chin contour"

... but i'm assuming that the procedures included in what a doctor refers to as "v-line surgery" would vary from clinic to clinic, so you're right it's probably best to figure out when you consult in person :smile:

idk if you guys use realself but i've found it pretty helpful in doing v-line research.. this post is what i'm fearful of in terms of sagging :sad: the person is a purseforum user as well and posted this link to her v-line surgery review as a warning (against ID hospital) https://www.realself.com/review/south-korea-kr-orthognathic-surgery-orthognatic-tie-jaw-malar-cheek-zygoma

I use realself as well :smile:
I would recommand you guys to avoid ID as much as you can... Not only they are on 2015 Korea's government blacklist, but a lot of cases like this one have been reported. And it's so expensive, full advertising for foreigners!! I'm not saying that ID is bad in everything, but I feel like chances to get a botched job is especially high in there

Thats scary, this is why it has put me off a bit of line and jaw reduction... I think she looks much younger before surgery and the sagging was so bad in the pic. I feel sorry for her... the problem is once you cut the bones out they are out and not going back.

Anyone who has done some kind of lift after vline? Lift, lipo, injection or along those lines to reduce tissue, double chin, skin, fat etc. There's endless of options so i havent decided what to do but im looking to tighten the jawline.
Im going back to sk 6months after my fc. If youre planning to go to sk march (date not set yet) or so and want company then dont hesitate to pm me

There's thread lift and i heard there's two kinds, melting and not melting

Sent from my SM-G930K using PurseForum mobile app