BeautyHacker

Anybody got V-line surgery done or planning to do so??

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had boney lateral osteotomy for the bridge, tiplasty, and alar reduction. My goal was to have natural results especially for the nose so I refused to do any augmentation with silicon or cartilage and just had the width of the bridge bone reduced. Idk... I just really didn't like the thought of having fake materials in my nose as I've seen how unnatural it can look + I was fine with the height of my nose. For my nose tip, it was bulbous and wide and I had reduced in its size, and made more defined by removing the excess cartilage. Overall I didnt get a dramatic result, everything was more on the natural side

Hey!

How is TLPS so far? :smile: I'm considering them. Why did you choose them?
Also, how was the pain/discomfort out of 10? I'm considering doing the same procedures as you.

Good luck with your recovery! And don't worry too much. You should wait at least 3 weeks/a month and then check.

There is always pros and cons.. there could some sagging skin issue after fc but i believe there is always risk about each surgery.
If you are really eager to get nice facial line then you would try going through fc and take a risk.. but as far as Im experiencing, I haven't found the issue.

When the bandages first came off and the nurse handed me a mirror, I was horrified at what I saw in the mirror. I had V-line and Rhino, and what I saw was quite frankly - a monster. The change was so dramatic that I could not recognize myself. The first words that came out of my mouth were "I can't accept this". For a fleeting moment, I even thought of getting revision. I took the mirror and locked myself in the toilet at the clinic. "What have I done? I want my old face back!"

So I waited for the swelling to go down a bit and with a thin layer of makeup to hide the discoloration...that was the first time I can truthfully tell myself how beautiful the person in the mirror is. I couldn't stop looking at the mirror, this time in a very positive way. I became narcissistic and took like a million selfies. It was an awesome feeling.

What I'm trying to say is, don't judge your final results from what you see on Day 1. It's just not possible to gauge the success of a surgery until the swelling goes down by at least a little.

That's a relief to hear :smile: did you get a lift after your vline though?

I actually did not get any lift whatsoever. The crazy thing is, I had a little saggy skin BEFORE surgery, and after surgery my skin was lifted for some reason and the saggy skin I used to have simply vanished. I recalled my doctor telling me he did something during the surgery to lift my face, I just couldn't remember in great details what he told me exactly.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, that's such a coincidence. Both of you getting surgeries on the same day at the same clinic?
Do you guys happen to know each other then? What kind of facial contouring surgeries are you getting?

- They both have FC on the same day in the same clinic
-They both have 'Saint' in their names
-They both registered on this site today.

I doubt this is a coincidence. It could very well be the same person.

Ah I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that haha. They also got a detailed intro in another post in decent English but the responses are a bit lacking in the grammar department.

I noticed that as well. It's a little fishy to be honest lol.

I'm planning on going to sk later in the spring. I know I'll need a square jaw reduction and maybe genioplasty, although I would like to look as natural as possible. A super sharp V-line might be too much. I have somewhat prominent cheekbones, would it look funny to just get the jaw reduction without the zygoma? All the potential sagging scares me. Plus, I kind of like my cheekbones. Could I just do a fat graft on my cheeks to smooth things out? I haven't talked to any clinics yet because I rather get feedback here in the event that the consultant gets pushy and insists on the whole jaw + chin + zygoma combo.