BeautyHacker

Anybody got V-line surgery done or planning to do so??

yes that's what i want ^^ i will talk about it with the doctor and see what he says
bone trimming sounds easier/better but if it cannot give the same effect... not good

i know~ so confusing ._.

ah i already read about it i think i'm supposed to use the korean pronunciation ^^ because there is a korean pronunciation for my characters~

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok but if u want a pointy sharp chin, I think u have to be really careful about selecting your surgeon. Because if it's not done right, that kind of chin can look really unnatural. Have to find a very careful experienced doctor :smile:

I'm on Day 13 post-op after my V-line surgery. I came home on Day 11 and I had no more visible swelling, so my family don't seem to suspect anything. In fact, by day 9 I was already walking around Seoul, although I still had minor swelling. Right now I can still feel some swelling on my face, but I look natural and normal already. :smile:

I heal really fast though, so others will probably take a bit longer to heal. I was eating solid food by day 3, and eating meat by day 11. But most pple can only eat solid food by day 7, eat meat at day 21.

I really got to give some advice. Be very careful about whether u wanna ask for a pointy chin. If too much chin bone is removed, u may regret it. I specifically asked my surgeon that I DON'T want a pointy chin, and so my chin is not very sharp. But still when I smile, I notice that there's a clear V-line effect and the chin looks a bit longer because it's narrower. I'm satisfied with my result because it looks nice, but I'm SO relieved I told the surgeon that I didn't want a pointy chin. Because if he made it just a bit pointier and sharper than it is now, I may look very unnatural.

To see what I mean, look at Angelababy's chin when she smiles. It looks much pointier than when she's not smiling.
http://www.jaynestars.com/news/plast...of-angelababy/

If you ask for a pointy chin, and the surgeon removes too much bone, u may have a fake-looking chin that looks strange. Especially when u smile. Just something to consider :smile:

Hi girls!!

I am a 25-yr old gal from Germany, studying business administration and eager to beautify my appearance prior to starting a REAL job ^^

On finding out that Korean government will impose a 10% tax on calf reduction and facial bone procedures from Jan 2014, I decided on an impromptu trip to Korea to Dr Park OZ Clinic!!! :smile: I am sooo excited. I have been in contact with Dr Park since approx 8 days.
We will do calf reduction, jaw and chin reduction.

In Germany, I have had a previous chin shortening. The results are fine, although my chin is still wide in front view and a bit receding in side view. Also, no jaw bone was taken away to smoothen out the sides. As you can see, the procedure was very basic and still lacked that certain amount of complexity.

I am a bit afraid of having a typical Korean V-line. Some results have over-pointy chins, way too small jaws, followed by huge cheeks. Of course, for Korean standard they look cute and babyish. However, that's a bit too much for me. That's why I created a collage with good and bad results for Dr Park, so he will understand my ideal frame ^^ Jennifer Hawkins and Honey Lee are my preferred looks for facial features. I hope he didn't think it was an odd thing for me to do ;) I have attached it for you guys, anyone else feel that way?
He didn't mention a time for consultation. Only asked me to come in for surgery. That's why I felt it necessary to be open about my expectations upfront.

But overall, I am amazed by the spontaneity of Dr Park! I was able to schedule my last-minute trip without any problem. Now I am able to save tax for the procedures :smile:

I have heard that Dr Park is known for subtle results. I guess I am in good hands as I highly dislike overly super-small non-existent jaws and chins.

On Dec 30th all surgeries will be performed :smile: On Sat 28th I will fly to Seoul.

Anyone else in Korea soon?? Would love to hook up with someone!
If you gals are interested, I can keep you posted on my recovery, results and overall experiences :smile:

I didn't realize asking for a pointy and non pointy chin would make a difference! Thanks for bring this to my attention as I will be getting surgery less than a month from now! Im glad youre having a speedy recovery wintergirl!
I don't want a point chin but I dont want a wide u shaped chin either.

i read ur 13day update i'm happy you are recovering fast~! :smile: but angelababy is not a good example... the link u posted, in one photo her chin looked really bad but i think bcuz it was botched... so sad... look at the chins elena07 posted, on the right, don't look bad right? i like the first one a lot ^^ (not the left one, she looks worse after than before) but from that u can tell angelababy was botched... too much bone cut. you are right choosing the right surgeon is important. so no matter what method is used and even if u want a pointy chin a good surgeon can do it right~! but i will talk with the dr... i don't want too pointy chin... balance is more important :smile: sakurabliss im thinking the same...! i dont want too pointy but not u shape either~!

So when are planning to go to Korea for V-line? :smile: Are u planning to tell your friends and family that u did surgery?

I'm kinda scared some of my friends will guess I did surgery. Even though my chin is not pointy, my face does look different. But my family haven't noticed, so at least I still look recognisable. (But it's my father and brothers, and guys are more blur, haha) My mother is overseas now and I hope she doesn't notice when she gets back! lol

View attachment 2447553
Hi,

I hope your surgery went well! Count me in as someone who doesn't want the pointy chin look, but something more natural. Thank you for the idea of showing the doctor what you want. As the saying goes: Pictures speak louder than words. I like the facial shape of Go Ara, so I think I'll her photo. Thanks again, and I hope your v-line turns out great!

At first I didn't want anybody to know about my surgery because obviously people are going to judge and jump into conclusions. But at this point I really dont care anymore. A lot of my friends know that im going to korea to get PS done and they have been pretty supportive about it. Although they don't agree with me they understand it

• 2 weeks later...