BeautyHacker

Anybody got V-line surgery done or planning to do so??

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really interesting to me! I haven't seen this previously in the facial contouring/jaw surgery research I've done so far. Thank you for sharing it!

Having the anterior jaw cut is probably the most I need, but minimal incision seems more like what I'm after at the least. I don't think I need any reduction or change to my chin or the zygoma area, but my mandible is super big and I have a really square/angular wide face because of it :shucks: I'll probably still need botox to the mandibular, masseter and temporalis muscles even after surgery to fix it. It'd be nice if something like the minimal incision technique would be enough to deal with the issues I have.

I have a lot of hesitation when it comes to full anterior jaw surgery that goes all the way down the jawline; I don't want to end up with that weird 'rocker' jaw result where they take off too much of the bone and you lose all definition. I also want to avoid any super V-line or pointed chin result.

When are you thinking of going? have you done a scan? im in similar situation. I hope that I only need minimal incision for jaw as well. i too have wide mandible along with strong masseter and wide cheeks. i dont dare to touch the zygoma though since the cons are really not worth it. Maybe quick zygoma but ill prob chickening out for sure lol

Hi girls,

I wanna know how it works... You just go to Korea and then schedulle the surgery? Or you have to schedulle the surgery many months before? How many days you stay there?
Sorry if my questions are dumb, I'm kinda lost.

I don't want the V line, but I want a zygomatic bone reduction. Problem is I live far far from South Korea (more than 20 hours on plane), so...

First research and find the clinics/doctors you want to consult with. Visit their websites and see if they have an email or kaokao talk; you can contact them and make an appointment for a consult. Usually though, it's not uncommon for clinics to accept walk ins, you might have to wait longer and they might not have an english translator. How many days you stay depends on what surgery you plan on getting. Zygomatic bone reduction is considered pretty invasive so I think you should plan on staying 3 weeks. Stitch removal for zygomatic bone reduction is usually 2 weeks so plan on staying more than that. The longest part of your plastic surgery journey will be your research. Read through these forums and different clinics' websites. A major factor to your surgery's success will be how well informed you are so don't be afraid to ask questions. Good luck :smile:

Thank you so much for your kind answer!
I wanna do the quick zygoma reduction, since I want the least drastic, risky and invasive procedure and since it bothers the hell out of me mostly in a front look and I'm kinda afraid of skin sagging. And yea, there's the price too.
3 weeks is a lot :sad: I'll do my homework and research more about it. Thanks again!!

I got v line 2 months ago in korea, i did bunch of research but i couldn't find how much pain was involved. i would say it was super super hard surgery b/c.. no food for 3 days and i couldn't breath after the surgery, nausea, plus the pain was severe...i couldnt sleep for 5 days after the surgery- the bad pain and I could not breath much with sore sticky throat and dry mouth. I could not talk much after 2 and half months, I can only mumble cuz the swelling and I quit my job cuz I was told not to work for 3 months for the 50% of the swelling to go down, so i'm staying home not be able to work. what ppl do for 3 months when they can't be seen by people and can not talk? besides i hav told 90% ppl gets double jaw, the extra skin and fat around v line so it is not too visible and i'm skinny. and also extra skin if cheek bone was reduced.

I heard there's not as much sagging for square jaw reduction, but makes me feel better :graucho: about considering it..is it true?

I'm not sure about zygoma reduction or square jaw reduction but from what I've read on this forum, sagging from vline is quite common. Wonjin's page on square jaw reduction says that "Sagging of cheeks after surgery is a side effect of cheekbone reduction, not square jaw reduction"...hmmm

Oh yeah I see it, Wonjin says square jaw reduction won't cause sagging of cheeks, but I wonder if there is a sagging of an overall face (the skin around the jaw)?

I'm ways off yet of going. It won't be until late 2017 at the earliest probably (if I'm lucky). Still lots to research and prep for until then. I have a very small consideration list currently; I need to do more research though beyond the clinics that usually get mentioned.

For myself I see no reason to have anything done in the zygoma area at all so the risk is totally not worth it for me. I'm looking to avoid sagging anywhere I can, though I have considered if it's possible to get a lift anyway during V-line or Square Jaw surgery, or if it would conflict with all the swelling.