BeautyHacker

Anybody got V-line surgery done or planning to do so??

It probably depends on what pictures you send. Our faces can look different at different angles.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know much about getting just the mandible angles reduced (i.e., cutting the little triangle corners).
Not talking about SSRO/ IVRO, or other procedures.
I'm considering just the angles cause I don't want to take a risk getting other procedures done.

Mandible reduction alone is recommended if you have angled jaw from side view :smile:

When I sent my photos into DAPRS for a sort of 'pre-consultation' they asked me what I wanted done and then recommended me what I should/should not get done based on my photos. I initially wanted V-line (jaw/chin reduction) but was told/recommended against chin reduction because they told me the size of my chin was fine already and that they recommended square jaw/long jaw surgery instead.

Also I've read on the forum on multiple occasions of people wanting certain things done that doctors thought they should leave alone or were better off with what they already had...but I have yet to see a post we're a doctor doesn't recommend it at all. Generally if someone wants to get something done/corrected it's because getting it done would look better anesthetically or improve something about their face in some way, so I don't really see someone sending in photos and a doctor completely flat out saying they need nothing done, ya know?

I'd say it's actually a good thing that they refused to do it. It means they are not trying to push you to do unnecessary surgeries just to get your money.

Oh then it was honest from DA to tell you you don't need it, instead of pushing you to get surgeries they suggest you what's the best for you!
It can be deceiving but honestly I would be happy if a clinic say that I won't need this or this. Proves that they care more about you than the money yeah :smile:

Exactly, which is why I was leaning towards DAPRS...but their quoted prices are extremely high. I am still going to consult with them and see if I can bargain down to a more reasonable price because I do love their before and afters and I've heard some pretty good things over the last year about them.

Really? to me DA is quite cheap compared to other big clinics
You can definitely bargain down in any clinic when you arrive!

Really? I was quoted like 24,000 USD for like 3 procedures. About 7.5-8Million KRW for Square Jaw, sliding genioplasty, and zygoma reduction which I thought was rather high from what I've seen on here

Oh my that's super expensive lol
I'm quite influenced by local prices, but I can say that it is overpriced
And we're in the peak season, they should be able to give yuo discount even before having any consultation though

Well I don't plan on going until June, which I don't believe is a very busy time in Korea for PS? Still hoping to get a discount though

Hm it's way less busy than in Dec-Jan. Winter time is always a peak season for PS, because they do lots of discounts more ppl come in to get PS!
And if you know how to bargain, you should'nt have any problem bringing the price down :smile:
Usually Koreans pay almost half of the price you mentionned for these procedures. And they would pay even less if they can apply to a special event, just so you know.
It breaks my heart how much foreigners pay for surgery in Korea. Not saying all clinics charge that much, but for business pursposes they'll try at least :sad:

Yeah I noticed that! It blows my mind the price that foreigners are quoted and then I read locals paying literally less than half for what I was quoted. I mean I get it, if they didn't keep prices down so low for locals then they wouldn't have as much business as they do..but still...