BeautyHacker

airbnb or hotel

Hi

I was wondering how many of your stayed with airbnb or hotel?

I am tempted to stay at airbnb but i am afraid its other people's house if anything goes wrong then will be bad or they can actually sneak into the apartment while i am out to steal my things..

sorry if i sound mad but was wondering if anyone can share their experiences..

thank you

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm doing Airbnb. I don't really have a choice -- I won't have the money to stay in a "real" hotel. I think the risks can be mitigated by staying at a place that has a lot of reliable reviews.

I'm going to stay in a bnb/hostel, not a hotel. I think it would be mad to stay at a hotel and pay something close to the surgery price for the hotel stay... I don't think anything gets stolen but even if some of my electronics got stolen it would STILL be cheaper than staying 2-4 weeks at a hotel... xD

I had never stay @ airbnb before but a few friend of mine had book their stay so far no complaint on stealing issues! Seoul is a safe country! But of cos when come to choose which home or room to stay I will look @ the higher review n read the comments left by ppls who stay there. I'm still looking for 1 during my this dec trip.if anyone know any gd place appreciate if you could share here.

agreed - a little bit of common sense goes a long way

i stayed at airbnb (studio apartment) and was completely fine. in fact the owner made me some pumpkin soup bc i looked like a hot mess after surgery so i guess she felt sorry for me lol

on the other hand a forumer i know had about USD$1k stolen - i had a good experience and her experience wasn't very good

also, I've known people that have had things stolen from a 'proper' hotel

i guess i'm just saying that u can never tell - keep vigilant, use common sense and never keep money in your hotel room/airbnb flat

STAY SAFE :smile:

she had 1k stolen from airbnb?

is hotel highland safe? it is my 1st time overseas. so i am confused..

actually some airbnb is quite expensive over $100 sgd...

do they have safes in airbnb? i am going to carry cash lots of it.. i cant be bringing it around with me right? :sad:

• 2 months later...
I'm traveling with cash and some valuable electronics to work from there so I was concerned about stealing too, I'm leaning towards sunshine hotel and would like to know if I have anything to worry about?

I had a good experienced with air bnb ...
The apartment I was staying is bright, clean and spacious with all equipment from washing machine, refrigerator, stove and all amenities even more than a hotel can offer ...
the location is quite nice .. near garosugil ....
but the owner is very impressed me .... they are very nice couple ...
they will try their best to serve you ...
when I asked for direction ? they printed the direction and left it in my room
when I asked something to buy ... they even took me and drove me to Kim's Club by their car .. Accompanied me to buy things I really wanted ... also help me to settled my tax free ..
The last day when the husband was still working ...
then the wife and son drove me to the limousine bus stop ..

Very nice experience .... Im happy to meet them ...
And staying in their apartment ....

Me too I always prefer Airbnb because it feels more homely. Room sizes tend to be much larger too. Often there is a kitchen stove microwave which is better for longer stays. how we take these things for granted sometimes hehe. If you book a place with good reviews I'm sure it will be a pleasant stay :smile:

Hi purseblog Im new here, But when I read the topic I just want to add some reviews.
I just had my very first stay using airbnb on August 2013 to St Kilda beach Melbourne, Australia... And I think I had an amazing host... Shes very caring, we shared stories, and shes renting the place because she just like to be surrounded by people, and she even made us dinner one time, and I was so very luckÿ to have my first stay like that. The place looked exactly as posted on the web, and I was just feeling grateful for a very lucky first stay ;) go airbnb!