BeautyHacker

Community Project: Clinics' Contact Info & Prices!

Dear shinyglittery,

Thank you so much for creating this thread. I find it most helpful as most resources are captured here. May I know which thread of yours should I be concentrating and providing information to; Community Project: Clinics' Contact Info & Prices! or The Ultimate Korean PS Resource Thread ^_^?

I read your remarks/notes on Dr Kao of Taiwan that he is very conservative and only capable of producing nature changes. For that, I have to say that is totally correct. I was a rhinoplasty patient of Dr Kao. I had spent $6,000 SGD on rhinoplasty with him and the result were very subtle. I could hardly notice any changes. His aftercare service was very bad as I was not able to attain a revision from him after one year post operation.

I believe you have gathered the Dr Kao review on my older posts at expats forum. =)
My rhinoplasty with Dr Kao included alarbase reduction, osteotomy and tip plasty.

I hope I can help as much as you do shinyglittery. =)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi shinyglittery

I have seen all your attached images and I have noticed the notes on TLPS and View are positive. I would really like to achieve a dramatic changes to my nose and chin, through rib cartilage and sliding genioplasty surgery respectively.

May I ask you among the two clinic stated above, which clinic would you say that is comfort of achieving dramatic changes to nose and chin?

Regards

hey... i think you're right!! my notes on Kao... are from that forum... ^^ i'm glad their correct... i try very hard to provide correct information...

i hope you can help me too... if you find any information i don't have please tell me... i don't know a lot... though it seems so from my notes ^^; i'm interested in v-line+zygoma+big eyes+aegyosal+rhino... but rhino is not my priority right now... ^^ i can even get it a little later... but any info on that is helpful, i have no idea where would be best for rhino though i know where i'd like to go for everything else i want...

i made the new thread (Ultimate) and plan on posting there... not really posting in the other one but like i said there anyone is welcome to post more info there!! if you have more information on non-Korean clinics/doctors please post it there... ^^ ps. i'm really sorry for your experience with Kao :sad: but subtle is always better than ugly... right? ^^ so don't be too sad... you can try again~! i know... losing money is always bad :sad: but think positive! ^_^

ps don't trust my notes alone... they are my notes for myself and to others... but what i like is pretty extreme... though some clinics can give you both I think the people who only want subtle change... won't benefit from my notes as much ^^

actually for easiness... you can post non-korean info to the Ultimate thread too... i don't think anyone will mind... xD

most dramatic jaw/chin results i've seen are from View... ^^ but i haven't seen enough pictures from either... i will tell you when i know more ^^ for nose... i'm not much help! it's less important to me than the other things... so i haven't looked into it much yet!

so sorry i didn't see this before!! who said no one speaks English at everM? :o well if you have the time just learn some korean and take pictures with you to show them what you want and you'll be fine ^^ i emailed everM, they don't do noses at all! or eyes! they only do jaw chin and cheeks and teeth and orthodontics ^^ hope that helps :smile:

Hi shinyglittery

I will try to provide more information to your threads. =)
I think we both have the same goal in common; heading towards dramatic changes. Do you mind if I can contact you through email or kakao chat in the future when I am in Seoul? It is because I may not login to this forum everyday.

thank you! ^_^ i will update the thread when i have enough for an update! ^^ i don't mind~

Hi all,

I would like to share with you all on this crucial information I found about Dr Jung from Shimmian. I hope this will help you all in making better decision.
I am glad to be able to help in any way possible. =)

So here goes from TOWNSTORY from Purse:

to the people who is considering Dr Jung
Dear all, I am not sure how many people remember me here now, I was very active in last couple months, then I was silent for a while. If anyone is interested, please click my name and check my previous posts for my whole story.

I am a Chinese girl living in Australia, I used L shape silicone implants for my first nose job in 1997. The result was good and I can see the great improvement in my nose, but then in 2008 I started to feel painful in my tip area. Did not want to bare the risk of protruding implant, I rushed myself into an Australian Plastic Surgeon (who is from Korea). Unfortunately, my nose was contracted a bit during years because of the silicone and this surgeon did not consider this condition and put Gore-Tex in my nose, as you can imagine, it was crooked badly. I was so depressed, so a week later, the surgeon decided to operate on me again. This time my nose turns out a lot nicer and I was happy with it, but one and half year later after the surgery, the Gore-Tex moved and my tip area (used ear cartilage)is separated from the Gore-Tex, so there was a line breaking through my thin skin and I can see my nose as two separate parts.

I went back to my previous surgeon and asked him to give me a solution, he sent me to Korea to Dr Jung. He said that is his teacher and he will do a good job on me, since my nose is very hard to operate for him. Until now, I was not happy about this surgeon's result, but I was really touched by his after care, no matter how many troubles that I have to go through, he was always there to give me a bit of support. So my conclusion to this doctor is he is a very kind doctor with a good heart but he needs more experience in cosmetic surgery area.

This year in March, I decided to make my Korean trip, I took six weeks off work and made my managements extremely unhappy about me. But at that time, I had a dream to have a perfect nose and I could not care less. On 9th March 2010 I went to Dr Jung's clinic, it was a very small clinic in an old building with an extremely small lift. There were a few other girls in the waiting room, but they are all from China and said they want to have nose job in Korea by the most famous Dr in Korea. I was in the waiting room for about one and half hour, and I did not see a single Korean girl came by. Finally I got to have the consultation with Dr Jung. He was smiling and looks nice at the beginning. Then during our consultation, he did not go through things carefully with me, I felt he was very rushed. I explained my situation and asked him to do a good job on me, coz I really did not want it to be failed again. He pointed out that my nostrils are extremely uneven, so I need a procedure to cut both of my nostrils to even them up. I did not agree on that procedure, which I can clearly tell that he was not too impressed by it. When I asked about the material to be used, he said Gore-Tex is the best. At that time, I actually kind of set my mind to Rib Cartilage, but how lucky, I did not insisted to go with rib with him. About five minutes of our consultation, he stood up and said he has to go. So my first impression to him: Very commercial doctor, not famous in Korea at all, but good at making his reputation overseas. Since my surgery cost will be covered by my previous surgeon, I felt that he knows that I will not have a second choice of the Dr and he just did not care about me at all.

My surgery was scheduled the same day in the afternoon, and when I entered the surgery room, I saw about ten Chinese Doctors standing there and the nurse explained that they are here to study and learn from Dr Jung. After my surgery I was lucky enough to talk to one of the Chinese Doctors, he told me they paid really high tuition fee to Dr Jung to come for a two days' "hands -on" course and he will give them a certificate to hang on their clinic's to prove that they are qualified. What'd hell is this? From this behavior, we can see that he can achieve two results at the same time. First make more money by doing this: second, build his reputation in China and make people think that he is the best doctor in Korea. He just did not care about whether those doctors are truly qualified for the plastic surgery, as long as they pay the money; they will have the certificate from him. This is kind of funny, as he is an ENT doctor and not a plastic surgeon.

In the surgery room, I felt very stressed, as you can imagine, more than ten people were standing around you, and they were breathing and talking, so poor me have to bare a much higher risk of infection. After about one and half hour later, my surgery is finished and he woke me up and the nurses helped me into the recovery room. In there I took a small rest and then they asked me to walk back to my hotel.

I was not happy about Dr Jung's way of operating his clinic by then, but worse things are just yet to come. The after care service in his clinic was extremely poor, I did not get to see the doctor much, it was always a nurse helped me with my dressing and so forth. I can only see him if I have a good reason and keep on begging the nurse that I want to see him. I thought he should check my nose each time I go to the clinic to make sure everything is ok, but it did not happen at all. Then the nurse told me to massage my nose, which is squeeze the implant in to help desawallen. Without much consideration, I started to massage my nose 20 times a day per nurse's instruction.

Two days after the massage, I noticed that my nose become narrower and I can clearly see a line around my implants at the right side of my nose. I was very concerned and worried, I rushed myself to the clinic and asked for help. Dr Jung checked it for around one second and said, “I can't do anything right now, you have to wait for another half year to see the result and do the revision". I could not help crying in front of him, but he just stood up and asked me to go back to my hotel. I came back to hotel with great depression and disappointment. Each time I woke up at that night, I couldn't help crying. I believe each single ppl who had nose job before will understand me, having one botched nose job was enough stress to put on, and I have to go through that kind of stress and depress for three more times.

On the day when I supposed to go back to Australia, I went into his clinic to ask for a final confirmation and check up. When I came in, he saw me and he left me on the treatment chair, without greeting me or anything, he started to brush his teeth in front of a sink in the same treatment room. There was awkward silence in that room, and he was really taking his time to clean up his own teeth. I considered this behavior is extremely arrogant. If only he has ever had a heart for his patient, he should understand their feelings and give their consultation priority to his own teeth.

As you can imagine, he did not tell me what to do again rather just told me to wait. By then I knew that no matter how much I hated it, I have to go through for another revision, when I asked him what kind of material that he has used, he told me that he used Gore-Tex and my ear cartilage. I found out now after another surgery, that he used donated rib cartilage without discussing with me. What happened is half year later, the donated rib cartilage filled area got fully absorbed and my nose is more deviated.

This is actually the first time I decide to post my experience with him to the everyone in this forum. As a girl who has went through so many nose jobs, I fully understand how important it is to choose the right doctor. I hope my post will warn anyone who is interested in Dr Jung, please just remember: First he is not a plastic surgery doctor, he is ENT and his cosmetic result is very limited. Second, he is a good in making himself famous in overseas, but he is really nothing in local Korean area. Third, he is very money driven and he does not provide good after care and all in all, he doesn't care about his patients at all.

Dear xkiki,

I'm truly sorry that u hv to undergo such treatment

I pray u find a good surgeon w integrity to help u to redo your nose

Thanks for your story, Dr Jung is forever out of my list - for recommendation n future consideration

I am glad to be able to help in any way possible. =)
This valuable information about Dr Jung was from TOWNSTORY forummer. =)

thank you for doing your part in providing resources... very helpful ^^ ps funny how everyone thinks that is your story...

people... xKIKI also had bad nose surgery... but the story above is not her story... ^^;;

updated list:

List1
List2
List3
List4
List5
forgot to add text: which image can you find your clinic in? see here ^^

Image1:
Clinics:
More known (to non-Koreans)/Easy to find:
1. Before&After
2. Dream
3. Grand
4. VIP
5. Regen
6. ID&Clinic9
7. Apgujeong PS
8. Pitangui
9. Teuim
10. Migo
11. JK
12. Dr Jung Rhino
13. Chungdam U
14. B&A

Image2:
15. SmallFace
16. Banobagi
17. Item
18. Oz
19. BK
20. Hus'hu
21. Samsung PS
Harder to find (you can find them here! ^-^!):
22. Life PS
23. AT Clinic
24. Dio PS
25. Siwoo
26. Yangyeonmu PS (양연모 성형외과)
27. YK PS
28. TOP PS (Top Class PS)
29. CK PS

Image3:
30. Namu PS
31. BeFor PS
32. Petit
33. EverM
34. Opera
35. CH
36. WonJin
37. Designer
38. Beauty Forever
39. Nano
40. 365mc
41. Faceline
42. O & Young
43. YnY
44. Jewelry
45. Namu (Yes, accidentally twice! xD)
46. Image
47. Bandoeye
48. Coco Line

Image4:
49. Cinderella
50. Kangnam PS
51. Girin
52. TL PS (The Line/Trend Line PS)
53. View
54. NU
54. JW
55. Dr. Han (HanFace)
56. Golden Ratio Hospital
57. Magic Nose
58. SangBum
59. YonSei First PS
60. Ruby PS
61. Woojin
62. Foret (La Forêt PS)
63. Aphrodite Clinic

Image5:
64. Kim Hansung PS
65. Fresh PS
66. Selanger PS
67. Conopi PS
68. Magic Dermatology
69. Labella Clinic
70. LJH Skin Clinic
71. StarM Clinic
72. MiPlus Clinic
73. Homme&Femme PS (Rhinoplasty)
74. IOU
75. NJH (Nonjonghun)
76. Real Cosmetic

(China:
1. Wang Ting
China (Taiwan)
1. Dr Kao (Chuan Hsiang) )

^^

• 3 weeks later...

Hey PSP:]

When I asked EverM about two-jaw...I also asked about fat graft. They told me they don't do fatgraft, but they have a corresponding clinic that does it for them. But the odd thing was...they said the name of the clinic was "plastic surgery"...so that doesn't tell us much...but from Everm b4 and after photos..it looks like their corresponding clinic does a good job on eyes and noses..so maybe its good over all:]