BeautyHacker

Post Your Experiences with Fillers Here

I have some weird questions.. Can I wear glasses after getting fillers for my nose bridge? How long does it take to "settle down" ? Coz fillers are kinda flexible? Inject and mold it? I don't want to have two lil holes from the glasses on my nose?! Please reply if you know.. Cheers! :smile:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have some questions! the clinic i'm interested in for my eye surgery only does aegyosal with restylane. is restylane more lasting than fat graft? the clinic said 6-18 months... i don mind getting it redone sometime but i don want to get it redone every few months... i don know if this matters but i already have natural aegyosal when i smile but only when i smile, i recently discovered i can use makeup to enhance it so i have aegyosal even when i don smile... i am so happy! i don know why i never tried this before... haha :biggrin: i think there is a little too little fat in them because they are not big aegyosal, maybe medium size and sometimes they get these tiny creases in the middle, it's not a deep crease like double eyelid for example but on the surface... about restylane and fat: are both always absorbed 100% after some time? so there is absolutely no effect left? if so, how long is this time... fat vs restylane?

Hi there! Honestly if you have concerns , you should be discussing them with your DR. I had restylane before near my eye area / upper cheek. It lasted 12 months and then some. I just got a touch up but used Belotero this time. I would never do fat grafting because I have heard horrible stories of it. I have a wonderful Dr. and he has never even mentioned it to me. Consult with your dr., get all your questions answered before you do anything to your eye area. gl :smile:

What do you mean my doctor? Regular doctors are just regular doctors, they know nothing about PS... :smile: If you mean the PSurgeons I'm going to consult of course I will discuss this with them but they are also selling their own product... maybe if they do only fillers they say fillers are better... that's why I ask! I have heard some bad stories about fat grafting too... but usually it is when it's large amounts... like first full lipo and then using the fat to fill cheecks and a lot of the face... I don't know... i think it's safe with a good doctor ^^ but if you know differently you can tell me... 12 months sounds okay :smile: what is belotero...

Hi , yes , of course I was talking about a Plastic surgeon. I am just used to calling my PS a Doctor. Anyway, Belotero is a filler just like Juvederm, restylane, etc. It is thinner i believe than either of these. It can be used in all areas of the face but is great for filling in fine lines, eye area, and can be used in the lips. But if you are looking into fat grafting then Belotero will not be usefull. Depending on your age and goals, fat grafting may be ok but if you are younger then you may want to think twice. Just because the face changes with age . So as you loose collagen i would be affraid other areas would loose volume but you would be plump where the fat grating was. I think fat gratfting lasts longer than 12 months. I have heard they put more fat in the areas as they realize your body will absorb some of the fat. I would look into a Facial Plastic surgeon who does alot of this procedure to minimize the risk of a botched appearance. What areas are you looking to get grafted?

thank you for your reply ^^ and calling him doctor is fine, he is a doctor, i just asked so there is no misunderstanding ^^ i am young and don't have many wrinkles (well no wrinkles if I don't smile and so on :biggrin: ) but I have some areas that bother me. I think my laugh lines or whatever you call them, the lines on the sides of your mouth when you smile, are too deep, I would want to fill them a little to make them not so deep. and my aegyosal (the arches beneath your eyes that get a filled appearance when you smile (or are there always if you're very young/pretty) I don't know how to explain better haha) are a little uneven and have tiny creases in them sometimes, with fillers/fat grafting I want to make them even, smooth and a little bigger :smile: aegyosal is fine if it is permanent... honestly so honestly I will never want my aegyosal to go away :smile: but i don't know what is best for that yet, I don't want fat grafting if it's risky but if it's more long lasting... tempting~ most clinics seem to do fillers... of course I will only do it with a safe/good surgeon no matter how he does it... :smile: i don't think i need anything else, like I said I'm not that old :smile:

ah i found it!

http://www.belotero.uk.com/healthcare-professionals/photo-gallery.cfm#marionette

it is called marionette lines in English... never knew a name for it in any language! those lines that go from the nose down to the sides of the mouth... i'm young so of course i don't have them just normally but if i smile wide i get them and i think it looks horrible so I want to get rid of them ^^ those pictures on the website make me very confident they can be treated, yay! ^^

You are very welcome!! The lines on the side of your mouth that run from your nose down are called nasolabial folds. The lines that run from the corners of mouth down the chin area are the marionettes. You sound like you want to treat the folds . Juvederm or Belotero i think would be fine for this area. But your PS could tell you which one is best. Juvederm has different thickness grades. I believe either one will last you 6-9 months. I know its not forever but its far less risky than fat gratfting. Yes, there is a cost involved and of course theres still a risk you may get an allergic reaction or your body just absorbs the product way to fast. You can make a list of the pros and cons , then decide if you want to go ahead and do it. If it does not make sense Financially to do fillers the you may opt for the grafting. But if you are young , i would say try the fillers first. See how you like / dont like the results then take it from there. Good luck!!!

oh, I'm sorry... ah, I don't know why but I seem to have a much easier time learning Korean PS terms than the English ones (the ones I didn't already know) haha... :biggrin: okay, so that's nasolabial folds I've been wondering what that is... yes i want to treat them really badly. that and under my eyes, I am fine with that :smile: I already have really nice lips and everything :smile: Juvederm seems like it lasts more than the other ones.... I'll have to find that! all the places I've asked seem to do restylane... maybe it's a more popular brand? or just cheaper for the clinics? i don't know... okay I will do the fillers first :smile: oh financially it's not a problem... since it's only 300-600,000won/syringe I can do it for the rest of my life... haha it's really not a big investment :smile: thank you I will try the fillers first and see how the results are then think about the fat grafting... can you give me a realistic idea about the risks with fat grafting? because right now i just think the biggest risk is that it won't last... haha I know that's probably not true but I don't know better... :smile:

Well I never had fat grafting done nor am I am an expert but a realistic idea of the risks are to much fat, to much volume, bumps , lumps, and clumps that form scar tissue that never go away. Or the reverse, the fat does not take at all. Restylane is a good choice also. The fillers are all very similar . And another thing about fillers is say you start with juvederm first. The next time you go to get your injections you can try restylane or Belotero even if you still have product left in your face from the juvederm. You can mix them to see what give you the best results. Good luck .:smile:

thank you! you've been so helpful ^^

Hi LVMom07

What horror stories have yu heard re fat grafting? And specifcally what type of fat grafting - there are several, but the most common are stem cells, PRP and 'normal'. I'm thinking of getting fat graft to my full face and thought I did my extensive research.

Not hatin' just making sure I cover all my areas as I believe the opposite to you - fg is safer than 'foreign' fillers.

N.B: the underlining assumption being that u go with a certified practitioner.

Peace! :smile:

Hi! I just read alot of info here on the internet and seen alot of pictures of botched fg cases. I have also seen bad cases of juvederm, restylane etc. also. There are risks to both. I had a good experience with fillers so therefore I can see the pros to it. Just like if someone had with fg , then they could speak the same. Fat grafting needs another surgery if not done correctly. Fillers, if not done correctly can be dissolved with a injection into the same area that was filled. I just feel the injections are a safer route to go for facial volume than fat grafting. Plus if you do not like the results you can just wait the 6 months or so and the product dissolves. Fat grafting needs another surgery. Either way, do what you feel you are comfortable with. Any time we alter our appearance we are taking a risk. I am not saying FG is bad, I just know its a more risky procedure and can take many surgeries to correct if not done right or you are not happy with the results. Good luck and hope you like your new look :smile:

LVMom07 talked about botched fillers... I had to look up, at first I could only find botched lip fillers (those are collagen I think) but then I found this
www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1161328/I-tried-turn-time-wrinkle-jab--wrecked-life-left-facially-disfigured.html so horrible... disgusting, I couldn't live if that happened to me T_T but it said the filler was some AIDS patient filler... plastic... it says Juvederm and Restylane are safe... ^^ as long as used by a good doctor... but even if they go wrong they will dissolve in the body... so I am not too worried ^^ the procedure is so common in Korea all the doctors have experience because so many millions get it and all the clinics I know only use Restylane or Juvederm ^^ but I will get it done by a doctor of course...

I am still not sure about fat grafting...