BeautyHacker

The Ultimate Korean PS Resource Thread ^_^

I wish haha!! Reward for contributing to the Korean economy pre-MERS?!

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I have reently decided on getting surgery in Korea. I have debated for a while now since I'm afraid of what people will think of me and complications the surgery might have. On the side, I've been saving up just in case. After much thought, I decided that I want it but need to know more about... overall everything about PS in Korea! I know purse forum is a good site and a lot of you are very generous in sharing your stories. However, I also read that some of you talk more privately on kakao. If you guys don't mind, can you PM me your IDs so we can talk more privately?
Thank you for even taking the time to read this.

The average price I've gathered from several quotes (for normal rhino) is around 3 to 4 mil won. I think 5 or 6 mil is on the higher side and probably can be negotiated lower when you go for consultation. Since you're getting a revision, I'm not sure if the price would be higher. Even so, most times, I found from other people's experiences you can still bargain for a lower price no matter what.

Hi :smile: a lot of information pops up in new posts everyday. You can start your research through these posts and work your way through threads. From there, you can PM members (if no members reach out to you at first). But there is a limit on how much useful information you can get from these threads if you don't know what you're looking for.

I think you also have to do your own research by looking at different clinics websites to gain a better understanding of what you want for yourself and to narrow down what you really need to find and ask about on PF.

At the end of the day, it is good to be familiar with the search engine. There, you can search for specific procedures, clinics, and reviews. I use it when the forum is slow.

I'm in the kakao group but I really don't know how to work it as I only downloaded for research purposes. Lol. Hopefully someone else can help you with that.

Good luck :smile:

Hi Jennifer, thanks for the reply! I would have thought it would be BnA since their "With Celeb" section had the doctors with SNSD members/Shinee members :biggrin:

Good to know it's not~

"With Celeb" section is NOT people who have had surgery at a clinic. It is celebrities who have visited the clinic only (usually for minor treatments like skincare, if anything!)

I guessed as much but I really appreciate the confirmation!! Thank you HJ88 x

It's super sneaky because they only put that information in Korean, so foreigners often think "Ohh that's where [insert celebrity] went"

wow! 10 surgeries?
what exactly did you do and which hospital did you go to?
do share with us ya

• 3 weeks later...

My friend had her eyes and nose done at Braun but she didn't like her results. Also, 2-3 years after she had her first rhino done there, she ended up having to return to have the tip removed/replaced. She had a really bad infection and the tip was showing through the skin. She went back to the same clinic/same doctor and he redid her nose, which looks better than the first time. Her nose doesn't scream fake but it doesn't look very natural either. She also had her eyes redone, but with a different doctor at a different clinic, because the same doctor who did her nose the first time also did her eyes and he didn't do a very good job. A lot of Korean locals go to Braun, but I honestly don't care for the results from there.

Which clinic? I can look it up for you. This is a database feature my startup is currently working on, so I have a lot of this data offline at the moment.

Boosting patients is the publicized reason, but the actual hidden reason is to screen for clinics not paying all their taxes. Which is pretty much the majority of them, and most business in general for that matter regardless of industry. Who likes to pay taxes? Nobody

Basically you'll get 10% back, then the government will check if the hospital had paid and reported that 10% VAT it's refunding you. If they didn't they'll get fined.

My theory is that if this happens enough times, clinics will actually raise prices in the long term since they won't have flexibility with how to report and treat their revenue.

That's why clinics always bring down the price when you pay in cash because it's hard to maneuver revenue that has been processed by a financial gateway like a credit card company. That's why all business around the world love cash. And why they dive discounts because they're basically giving you the same thing the government will give in this program, and the clinic's finance manager's life becomes a lot simpler because he/she is in better control of the clinics accounting and reporting.

Yeah I figured as much.

Let's see if anything actually changes though with cash vs credit card when potential price hikes are involved..