BeautyHacker

Sharing experience: Dr Jung from Shimmian

In my case, my nose ended up by being really ugly. Basically the tip is not aligned with the columela, when I press on the tip with my finger to the middle point that is separated into two parts, i can see that the middle of it is not aligned with the columela. The tip is on the left compared to the columela (from mirror view), which really pisses me off and make me wonder how come the work could be neglected to such extent...

The bridge of the nose where osteotomy has been performed, is not straight either. One side has been pushed more than the other so it looks asymmetrical.

What can I say... Terrible experience and moreover the clinic is not even answering which absolutely surprises me. You pay, they fail your nose badly and then they even refuse to answer to your requests. They pretend they haven't seen your email.

I really can't believe when the clinic's manager Lee told me that would be an easy surgery.... Yeah I can see that now, totally failed.

Another thing that I would like to let others know is that the first time I met him, he even forgot I had an appointment with the doctor on that day. So basically the doctor will see your nose within 5 minutes without any preparation and will operate it after few patients, and you end up by waiting in the waiting room for 6-7 hours and this without any food since the day before because they ask you to do so before surgery.

Really crazy story but unfortunately it's the truth.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot about having to wait to have surgery that I thought I would have in the early morning, but they didn't do it until the afternoon. I was starving.

The clinic also couldn't find me a taxi after my surgery so they walked me to a busy road to hail a cab. It took them a long time to hail a cab so I was on a public street looking horrible after surgery. Unbelievable.

Do you know how to contact them? cause they ignore on purpose. If you call them, and they can't avoid they will tell that you need to come back to the clinic.

I want to have an explanation from the Dr at least. But after the surgery he disappears. And I don't want to travel to there just to have a talk with the doctor. Talk can easily be done through emails or phone or different online plateforms.

If they are so good at attracting clients from other countries, they need to be ready to communicate with them through online plateforms and provide a minimal follow up which they don't do at all!

I am really angry about them.

OMG, i thought shimmian clinic was THE place for nose surgery?

where to go then to have a beautiful nose? It will be my first time to do my nose in Korea and I don't think i can find good surgeon to do my asian nose anywhere else in the world…

My friends told me about Banobagi, Dream, JW, Dr Ahn, Iwell but are there any other clinics for noses we can trust?

• 3 weeks later...
I was considering Dr Jung for a nose job until I read about these bad reviews. It is so difficult to find a good surgeon. I wanted to get my bulbous nose reduced. I have seen some before and after photos on some other websites and Im not impressed with the results. There are noses which still look wide and bulbous even after alarplasty and tiplasty.

I did my nose with Dr jung 7 years ago now even tho im not 100 pourcent happy with it he helped me with my bulbous nose flat and large one destroyed by first rhino in L.A.
I went t visit many clinics last March and April but most of drs Didnt want to do my nose.
But my friends recommended asan médical center for my revision but I have no idea about that hôspital. Through our kakao group chat girls shared clinics like idea clinics, pladen, jayjun, 101 , trend etc will visit them in october and keep u updated.
U can see pictures of my nose done by dr jung on thé thread I started for my choice at darps for fc.

Lolipop,

i saw noses from 101, they are more western style or masculine style. I heard that they are busy and need to book one month in advance. I also booked at Idea clinic for consultation but how did you get in touch with jayjun and pladen as They only have korean website?
I heard from my friends that Trend is good too as the Dr only performs 2 noses per day max.! Amazing. Wonder if can do any other surgeries in Trend clinic like eyes revision? Jaw reduction? Zygoma reduction? Etc.

Janey,

you are right. I just saw some noses from 101 that look like you said but one girl from our group chat is caucasian indeed and has good results from that dr.
I'll also visit Trend for my nose but also prof Choi Joongwoo at Asan Medical center that one of my korean friend who is surgeon told me about.
I think trend is famous for nose Janey if I'm not wrong.

I feel very depressed about the result of my nose... I went there to fix breathing and slightly crooked nose... first surgery I had with him was ok but nose looked crooked. Then after recovery time done we booked another one and he performed an osteotomy where he pushed one side more inside than other so nose looks not symmetric and unfortunately it's not well positioned in the middle, it's still crooked and my breathing didn't improve it's still bad... people used to make compliments to me before but now they just say I look so so... it's very sad

The scar inside my nose is very hard, and I feel my nose is so hard even after it got completely recovered. When i move my tip it is also very hard and nose just looks much less functional than before...

The doctor is kind enough to propose me a new revision but i just feel it's gonna even get worse... the more you operate the more it seems hard to obtain a good result.

Hope everyone here knows that most of these clinics are private businesses that will promise you a lot of good things... but the truth is not always what they make you believe...

What I feel about myself now is that i don't like my nose, i feel sad to look at myself into the mirror, i feel the nose is less functional as well. And seriously do you believe it's possible to fix it? i seriously doubt it.

I just try to not think about the fact that I am not good looking anymore and try to make life moving on... but I definitely noticed a difference of treatment in people who used to treat me better before when i used to look better before surgeries... once you look worse people tend to not be as friendly to you... kinda sad i know but that's how i feel.

This is what my dr friends told me and suggested me to go for my difficult nose révision at Asan médical center, I will give u his name. He is a professor and there wont be any financial conflicts involved. I dont want to recommend him to you as I havent gone there yet but my friends and I will do consultations together for nose révision. I ll be more than happy to keep you updated.
Ps is very stressfull especially if you are loosing your identity and all.
I Also hope my nose can be fixed internally and externally.

Hi pa3568
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I understand how stressful it is to spend time, money and pain on ps and end up
being more ugly. Hope you find a good surgeon to correct your nose. Have doctor Jung performed 2 surgeries on you already? How far apart are those two surgeries may I ask?

Sorry to hear that PA,

I only can imagine how it feels to have botched job as my friend has to deal it with daily after her eye surgery with Dr Kwon!

Can you post pic on purse of the nose so maybe the guys here can help you find a good surgeon to redo it once again?

Will you go back to Korea to do revision? We are going in September…

please let me know where will you go, and thanks for your kind words..