BeautyHacker

Anyone had surgery at JW? Please post your experience here

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting Zygoma, Rhino, and Ptosis done here at JW on the 27th. Does anyone know if it's cheaper to pay them in USD or KRW(They take both)? Also, where did you guys exchange your currency for KRW?

I think it's usually cheaper to pay in KRW. Get a quote in both currencies and see which one is better for you. I heard the best rates are usually the currency exchange places in Myeongdong (touristy shopping area). Good luck and keep us updated.

So I guess once I get to Incheon just change like about $200 to KRW then and change the rest at Myeongdong?

Yes, $200 should be more than enough for a few days food and transportation. You could even exchange it in your home country.

In Myeongdong, visit a couple currency exchange bureaus and see which one will give you the best rate. If you are exchanging large amounts, they may even be willing to bargain a little.

I heard it was better to exchange in Korea rather than here. I'm gonna probably change around $17,000 for surgeries lol. Only thing I'm even worried about is getting lost in the subway and stuff. I'm for sure gonna exchange a little bit for transportation at the airport though.

Sorry, I meant for the initial exchange of $200 it probably doesn't matter where you do it. The difference between your home country and Incheon airport will probably only be a few dollars when exchanging $200.

For large amounts, then yes, it will make a difference.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello guys,
I did my eyes, nose, zygoma and jaw reduction in JW like 4-5 years ago. I think Dr.Suh is the best one if you are looking for natural looking results as well as he will never suggest something you don't need. My sister too did her nose in JW last year, and her results are amazing!However please come with photos of what look you want to achieve because I have read that some people were unsatisfied because the results were unnoticable. Though I am really satisfied with my nose,its been 5 years and nothing changed, still thankful to Dr.Suh
For the facial contouring honestly I would suggest go to another clinic, idk at first may be because I have a lot of fat in the face I experienced a lot of sagging, and had to do Acculift but that's another story:sweatdrop:
Then after like 2-3 years I realized that my cheeks are slightly uneven and also I wanted my zygoma to look smaller, I guess everything in JW is about natural looking.. So yes JW is great and I would say the best in rhinoplasty but lacking in other areas. I went back to Korea and it was my 3rd time and this time I choose to go to DAPS. If somebody is interested you can ask any questions :smile:

Thanks for sharing!:smile: So you had revision zygoma in Daprs? How was your experience there? The doctor? Do you notice more sagging? How long post op are you? Were you able to bargain?

And about the acculift, did it create any side effects like lumps, bumps, scars etc? In which area of the face did you get it? Was it done in Daprs as well or JW? Cost?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how old were you when you got the facial contouring?
Now, do you plan on having any kind of lift?

Thank you :smile:

Sure,its a pleasure for me to help you since I know there are tons of clinics and it is really hard to know which are trust-worthy.So after maybe a year and a half after I had sagging due to FC in JW I went to Korea and did the Power V lift in The Line clinic. I think it was about 3,5$k which was definitely a rip off since when my sibling went there they quoted 1,5$K (they said because I went there and she is my sibling). Anyway, the results was definitely worth it at least I got rid of these huge chubby cheeks, I would say 40% of fat was gone. For me it didnt create any lumps,bumps and etc and the scar was behind my ear, it is really a tiny incision so its kind of not possible to see it. But the thing is that I really though its a lifting that involves threads when in reality it doesnt and the translator lady in The Line didnt tell me that :thinking:
Speaking on my experience in DA I had Bucall Fat removal, Revision Zygoma reduction, Acculift again on the cheek area this time,paranasal augmentation, forehead fat grafting,biximillary chin reduction for more V line look and Breast Augmentation. Since there were a lot of surgeries I did manage to bargain the price by 50%. For example for BA they quoted me 9$k and the final price was 5,5$k. I am sorry but this it the only pricing I remember for now:search: You should really bargain the price in DA because I totally agree with other forumers that their pricing at first is ridiculous. However I am totally satisfied with my experience in DAPS so far. I actually came back to DA this summer for revision double eyelid surgery and again had the results I expected. Dr Lee is amazing doctor, during my consultation he was very straight forward, and said not to expect much from Zygoma revision and that he will push it more close but not dramatically. The paranasal augmentation, buccal fat removal and BA was performed by another doctor. For the Buccal Fat removal he said he would't remove much fat because I will need this fat in the future when aging, so he was adequate about that.
Ohh the recovery process was really tough for me, because during surgeries in JW the pain was like 2/10, and I just experienced soreness and my mouth was dry but that was all I remember. This time at DA I had my facial contouring surgeries right after Breast Augmentation, and when I woke up this was the worst night ever in my life, I thought I was going to die lol:biggrin: But Katie the in house translator, she was staying the hall night near me since I was traveling alone for surgeries and she didn't even sleep because she was so worried ( I kept asking for water when I wans't allowed to:sweatdrop:). She is the sweetest girl and definitely one of the best things in DA! She always make sure you are satisfied and she is just such a kind,amazing person.
When I first did my surgeries I was 19, so it is wrong that you cant have sagging when you are young lol:biggrin: It really depends on the technique I guess and the doctors skills or maybe I just had too much fat tissue..And no I didnt experience any sagging after FC in DAPS so for now I am not considering any lifting surgeries.
p.s But I have read from other forumers though that DA is really bad for rhinoplasty, and their nose surgeon is not good at it which is really sad :tdown:

I think money is money and it won't matter much as long as you haggle a good deal. Say a procedure is 5000000 KRW (~$4421 USD) and you say you'll pay 4400 USD. Then that would be cheaper than 5000000 KRW.

You may get a slightly better deal paying in KRW but you'll also lose money exchanging your USD into KRW. And large PS clinics probably get really good exchange rates from banks bc of the large amounts of money they convert at a time so whether they're paid in USD or KRW shouldn't matter too much for them. I wouldn't worry too much about it :smile:

Hi sayau01
Thank you for all the info
Can I ask you what prices they quoted you at JW for eyelid and nose?

Also what about DA? How did the revision come out ?
Thank you !

Hi how did the procedure come out ?
Did you do it at JW?

Thank you!
S