BeautyHacker

Anyone had surgery at JW? Please post your experience here

How did the singaporean girl got picture of the surgery?Isn't it illegal?

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience with us, do u like your nose after cast off??
Plz do update us :biggrin:

Hey y'all. I'm glad to finally begin posting here and voice out some questions.

I hope to hear more things (good or bad) about JW.

Anyway, has anyone done a autologous procedure? I've yet to find any on rib grafting. I did a "JW" search on the whole forum x)

I think VIP is the only place that specializes in rib. That's all they do, pretty much. One of the formers a few years back did rib at VIP and it turned out really well. But she told me that unless you have a completely flat bridge like she did, it's not a good option because rib cartilage is really big and particularly hard. I think JW does dermis though..? Most places offer dermis as an option. But then again reabsorbtion rate can be really high depending on the person.

so i read one thing about the resorption rate of diced cartilage, both rib and ear.

Rhinoplasty: A Practical Guide to Functional and Aesthetic Surgery of the Nose - Page 176

Apparently the resorption is higher when cartilage is diced due to fragmentation

Real interesting.. thanks for sharing kkim120 & K Couture.

Yeah I remember reading her case. It's always uplifting to see great results like hers. I haven't received a quote/ reply from VIP yet, but I'm expecting around $11k as reported by others here. It's quite expensive but reasonable for a Rib op. Comparing that to a freaking doctor that was charging me $23000!! for Rib here in AUS LOL.

Also they don't advertise Chin Augmentation on their website. However, JW still replied to me with a quote. Anyone there got good results?

I had a chance to consult with Dr. Suh and I found him to be very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. I did not feel rushed nor did I feel that he was irritated by a bunch of questions that I threw at him. He suggested a tiplasty and a silicone implant. Although my bridge has a nice height to it, the silicone will just harmonize the look of my nose from bridge to tip. Anyway, I was set to go with Dr. Suh but he is quite booked. I will have to come back and schedule the surgery in advance. But I don't recommend anyone pay the 10% booking fee until you have consulted with Dr. Suh (and other doctors for that matter) and feel 100% confident that you will have him operate on you.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! May I please know what was the price quoted to you?
Your eyes looks amazing. It's so natural.

Yeah, even with flight, hotel and stuff you can save...

Hey, if you want to look it up, the forumer who did her rib rhino... her username was schrodinger--like the physicist. I just remembered her username the other day and thought I'd share.

Hey guys. I just had my surgery at JW 2 days ago. I was planning to visit regen and JW for my rhinoplasty consultation. I got to regen at 11.30 without prior consultation booking so I had to sit there for about an hour and a half. However they kept telling me that they were fully booked and I had to wait 30 minutes (they said that about 3 times) so at about 1.30 I had to go to jw because I booked a time for consultation. When I got there they said I didn't book a time and I was pretty annoyed because I had even confirmed with them on whatsapp. Luckily, they managed to let me consult with a doctor not long after however it wasn't dr suh. I told them that I wanted to consult with dr suh and they said that if I confirm my rhinoplasty with jw they'll let me consult with dr suh again before the procedure. 5 minutes later the teams lai comes up to me and tells me that dr suh is free right now for consultation. Dr suh said that I have to insert a silicone into the bridge, do tipplasty, and alarplasty. When I left the room, the translator comes up to me again and tells me that dr suh has one patient cancelled so he is free at 5pm. I was supposed to go back to regen at 5pm because I booked a spot to have my consultation then. But then I felt comfortable with dr suh and he was the doctor that I initially wanted. His next available appojngment is on Tuesday which is too late for me to do because I'm only here for a 7 days. So I decided to go with it. Before signing some papers and paying, I had to tell them that I caught a cold. (Great timing huh) and they made me sign some other papers regarding infections (they have nothing to do with it if I get an infection due to my cold). Overall, the procedure went fine. The nurses cleaned my face and when dr suh came in to draw on my face, I passed out within the next few minutes. I woke up mid surgery as expected and was very very uncomfortable because I felt so stiff and my head was positioned very weirdly. I wiggled a little and probably annoyed some of the nurses but I couldn't help it haha. The surgery lasted 2.5 hours and they didn't use my ear cartilage :smile: they used septum(?) cartilage in my nose. Dr suh is a great doctor that gives realistic opinions. :smile: this is my experience at jw, feel free to ask any questions haha. Sorry for any typos here and there, I can't really see what I'm typing because my eyes are so swollen ahhaha.