BeautyHacker

Anyone had surgery at JW? Please post your experience here

Just rhinoplasty alone..I didn't ask for tip plasty..that's why I'm considering other clinics..no doubt that their skills are good but I believe there are other surgeons out there who can do pretty good rhino at a better price..5millions krw I will consider..even epicanthoplasty+incision double eyelid they are charging 5k USD..that's really too much :sad:

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm,
Yeah they quoted me 5K for revision rhino with silicone, and 2.5K for fat graft full face.
The only one that was really off was the V-line at 11K!!!! no way! I think 7-8K is pretty standard from all the quotes I have gotten.
Still I am considering doing it if I get the room and flight. I like JW, they seem relatively mid-range in price and have no major complaints aside from that Chinese girl that tried out for the reality show but her story is inconsistent and JW sent a sincere reply.
Scary to put down a deposit without seeing the place or doctor….
Agh what to do?
Still want to at least consult at Regen, Item and The View

Aestheticdream - I think 5k for REVISION rhino is good? I have no idea about fat graft/v-line though. Since you're wanting quite a few procedures and the 10% deposit will exceed the cost of the actual flight ticket + hotel, I think it's pretty risky. If you're consultation doesn't go well, you'll end up losing money.

Missjamie, on the otherhand, your 10% deposit fee would be lower than the actual cost of flight + hotel. If you end up not liking your consultation (or not being able to bargain on the price), the money you would lose is still significantly lower than what you would have actually paid for a flight + hotel ticket.

what type of hotel is the accommodation? 3star 4star 5star or homestay?

Are we flying a budget airline? It is not the best idea to fly budget when you are going to have surgery because unforeseen complications can force us to change our departure date. Budget airlines can be difficult with this.

Does it matter what country we are coming from? It is much more expensive for them to pay for our ticket if we are not arriving from the asian region. That will affect price too I'm sure.

I would also like to meet my surgeon first before deciding on the procedures and the surgeon. If I decline would I lose my deposit and pay the difference with the plane ticket and accommodation or just the plane ticket and accommodation.

Not to be a partypooper but those are important concerns that come to mind when these sorts of promotions are put forth.

yky brings up some great points.
I think if anyone does win and ends up going, it's important to make sure the surgeon you're interested in will be the one doing the procedure. The worst would be if you had a surgeon in mind but the promotion is only good for a certain surgeon.

For JW, I believe Dr. Suh is the head rhino surgeon and Dr. Choi is the head eye surgeon. It would definitely be a deal breaker if I didn't get to choose the surgeon. So yeah, if you have a surgeon in mind, make sure you confirm it with the staff before putting anything down.

Koreasaurus,
Yeah I agree for a revision the 5K USD was great and that was with an implant which I don't think I need/want. But the 11K for the V-line is inflated. I feel like they raised the price in one place in order to offer a deal or promotion in another area. But the overall cost will likely be the same.

Oh yes, they did offer me a free flight and I have to put down 500 for each procedure so $1500 total. I am in NY so the flight from here is about 1-1.2K. I think I will just buy my own flight and have the freedom to consult where I want. I was seriously considering if they lower the V-line price and maybe throw in the room. Heh:P:graucho:

I'm not sure if we're allowed to link the promotion but it's pretty much on their website, blog, facebook...everywhere lol. It's called "JW Christmas Event." I entered an application, but kind of regret it since I don't care for the free flight/accommodation anymore. I haven't heard back from them though, so they probably aren't interested in me anyways haha.

for rhinoplasty in korea that price is a bit expensive... primary rhinoplasty should cost around $3000 including tiplasty it might be slightly more if you need to do columnar or alar augmentation. i been to jw before with a translator and 6000 was the price they quoted me... i believe if i didnt have a translator i would have been quoted around 3-4k so if its 4.5 with flight and accomodation it probably isnt too bad since flight from the east coast is around 1000-1100 imo

If you are convinced with JW's surgeons, maybe you may just want to ask what is the best price for surgeries that you opt for just surgery without their sponsorship for flight & accomodation.

Personally, besides price & the surgeon - I think the post op service or the consultant must be caring & responsive enough to attend all your enquiries within shortest time. You only will see the doctor for maybe max 4-5 times during your entire stay in Korea which is during the consultation, the surgery day, 3rd day post-op check-up, final check-up before departure. That's all, the rest of the time only the consultation will be the main contact. So can you imagine if your consultation is not being attentive enough, how will you feel especially post operation which is the most depressing time with all the swells?

I'm still interested in consulting with JW in person, but geez they are bad about responding back. It makes me worry a little if I do end up getting surgery there, if they would be able to respond back quickly, if at all.

The only luck I've gotten from getting a response was through the little inquiry board on their website but it's always backed up with people asking questions so there's usually a couple days wait. I wanted to make another inquiry but their english site has been down for a couple days. Great.

But yeah zapp332 brings up really good points and is something that should be considered. For anyone that knows from experience, do consultants/clinics offer an exclusive or personal email for you to contact them through after you have surgery? I can understand waiting a day or two seeing that there's a huge time difference but waiting a week or more for a response would be a deal breaker.

Ah yeah, I remember viewing her blog months ago! I know she had revision after going to JW, but I think it was just for her alars. She wanted them slightly smaller, but otherwise was happy with her service there.