BeautyHacker

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of vline are you doing?

For me, I did t-osteotomy and lower jaw shaving.

Confirm painful! Worst pain of all my surgeries ever:sad:

The first few nights were bad because of the pain from the tubes in the throat. I couldn't breathe through my throat because it was so sore. I had to keep taking medicated throat drops to dull the pain. It hurt to swallow, breathe and talk. And I couldn't sleep

I highly recommend bringing some strong throat drops with you (and nose inhaler in case your nose gets clogged as its the only hole you have to breathe through!)

After that, my chin is very painful. So tender to the touch and just sore. Even 3 weeks post op my chin is still having moments of soreness.

Korean clinics do not give strong pain relief medication either so bring the strongest you can find with you

Haha, oh good, then my prediction was correct. I could tell by his photos he would be very serious, he seems to always have a more serious face, rather than jokey smiley face like Dr Choi, but obviously this is all just based on a few of the pics I've seen of them both lol

I hate how the Korean clinics don't allow you to drink for hours after the surgery. I have had surgery in different parts of the world and only Korea has ever made me wait hours until I can get one measly glass of water. It's so daft! Surely it's unnecessary making the patient wait so long after an anaesthetic, I mean what's the worst that could happen on e your awake...? You be sick? That's probably all that could happen! I remember previously after waking up in Korean hospital I was literally begging for some water but they made me wait until nighttime. I'm sorry but I'm not allowing that this time lol. I may even sneak my own bottle in. What a rebel ^^sneaking in bottled water^^ haha

Actually I was surprised how soon after I was allowed to have water - only 2 hours after. And I was allowed to rest straight after my surgery too! A lot of reviews I read before said they were not allowed to fall asleep after they came out of GA and no water for 6 hours or something.

But I didn't have zygoma done so maybe that's why?

Oh good, 2 hours is short. I haven't ever had surgery at TLPS yet, but previously for v line and double jaw in other Korean clinics I had to wait about 6 hours, and no sleep too, I forgot about wanting to sleep so bad but they wouldn't let me

They do this if they think you are drowsy and might choke. What if you just got facial surgery, swallow the water wrong, start coughing violently and rip open what they just did? This has happened to me in the US as well. It isn't a korean thing and I suggest you don't sneak in water to drink. If they don't think you're able to drink water, don't drink water.

It was only a JOKE! Chill out! Obviously it is about common sense. You wouldn't give someone anything to drink if they are half out of it, but if they are in desperate need of some fluid and in a relatively stable state I don't think a few mouthfuls of water taken slowly hurts. Anyway, let's keep this thread about TLPS surgeon's surgery skills and not other petty things.

I wasn't being petty, I'm not sure why you're freaking out over it. I was making a comment because it's not safe to bring in bottled water and go against the doctors orders. You're the one who said it, I was merely trying to explain and help out, lol. No need to work yourself up about something I'm not even trying to fight you about.

Lol, sorry, I thought you were having a go at me for suggesting the water thing. Obviously I was only joking, I wouldn't bring any water in really lol. Oh and apologies for saying 'petty'. I wasn't calling you 'petty', I was just meaning these little smaller petty details, like being thirsty after surgery. In the scheme of things, I'm sure all of us have much bigger to worry about on surgery day then slight thirst after we wake up from the op. As long as the surgery results are good, and safe, anything else (including any poor post op care) isn't 'as' important to me. Although, of course, if we are paying so much for the operation, I do expect good service and post op care. I hope all of our surgeries go smoothly :smile:

• 7 months later...
How is your recovery, Shan Shan? I had my nose done with doctor Kim and the tip is still too upturn after 5 months. Do you experience the same situation? Is there another way to contact you since I haven't got 10 posts to inbox you yet.